I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

CD Player skips really bad.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1902 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy CD Player skips really bad.

Good morning Civic Forum,

I finally got around to getting myself another OEM head unit in replacement of the one that got fried earlier. However, the one I now have skips really bad. It'll skip on the smallest of road bumps and I'm hoping there is a way to fix this. The center console that the headunit connects to seems to be missing a few prongs that hook itself into the dash board. When the center console is in place is fits snug but you can notice there is a bit of a gap.

Can the skipping be caused by the fact that the few hook prongs are missing which causes the fit of the center console to not be as snug as possible? Or is there something else I should be looking at as far as the cd player goes?

Thank you.
Old 08-09-2009
Registered!!

remerone is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: CD Player skips really bad.

what brand is it?..some cheap swapmeet brand?...even so i dont it should be skipping as much as you say since more modern units have limited that..if the extra space between the player and dash is sufficient then it might be causing unnecessary vibrations..
Old 08-09-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

It says right in his post it is OEM. I would say there is something wrong with the actual CD player. The gap should not really affect the performace of it.
Old 08-09-2009
Registered!!

Hughey974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Most of the time when that happens is when the lens is real dirty or you mount the cd player on an odd angle that the syspension was not designed to handle however that wont be your problem since its oem in an oem location. Was this "newer" unit new or used (does that make sense?)? Anyway what was wrond with the old one again? All depends on if the new one can be replaced or your stuck with it. I myself would swap the cd carriages around and see if this helps. Even if your old unit "fried" the cd drive might still be good. Its worth a shot if your stuck with it.