I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Radio Code, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JrCivicEX02Coup is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Radio Code, HELP

I had a heat blog put in my car before winter starts here in Alberta, Canada. I didn't notice anything until I arrived home and saw the writting on the stereo asking for a code. The shop is closed and they are open monday to friday. Then I started searching this site and found out I could fix it myself, I held 1 & 6 and turned on the radio and got codes 2414 and 7953. Then after that I got ERRE. What am I suppost to do? Any help would be greatly appriciated
Old 11-15-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radio Code, HELP

check the paperwork you got with your car... somewhere in there should be a card of some sort that has the radio code on it.

otherwise, you have to go to the dealership, and they can look up your radio code or something like that
Old 11-15-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

ok your in the right direction. When your hold 1 & 6, the numbers you get are your cd players serial number. That is a little trick to get the numbers. On older honda's you must remove the radio, the serial is on the back of the radio. Honda radio's have an anti-theft device with a 5 digit code. If you do not have it you can call the dealership with that serial you just got and they should be able to give you a radio code. You cannot get this code with a VIN the codes are radio specific. I no longer work at honda so I cannot get it for you anymore.

The car comes with an Anti'Theft Radio Code card about the size of a business card. If you don't have this, one place to look for the number is on the inside edges of the glovebox. On PDI at the dealership you are 'suppose' to put a small white sticker w/ the code & serial on the inside edge. It's about the size of your pinkie finger. The code will be 5 digits with the serial under it.

The ERROR messages you are getting are a result of too many incorrect codes being entered...so you messed the with the buttons. The radio will lock itself up at this point. To reset, disconnect the neg- terminal on the battery for about 30 seconds. The error should reset and you will be able to re-enter your code. Good Luck!

Last edited by FoSho; 11-15-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-15-2008
Registered!!

lilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond reputelilmidget08 has a reputation beyond repute

yo dude ill get you your radio code now i am a honda tech and have acces to all the honda stuff ill message you when i get it
Old 11-15-2008
Registered!!

JrCivicEX02Coup is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot guys, I got the code, you guys rock and this site is the ****
Old 11-16-2008
Registered!!

Maverick_1337 will become famous soon enoughMaverick_1337 will become famous soon enough

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/