I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

comments/suggestions on amps/speakers setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002
edy
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edy is an unknown quantity at this point
comments/suggestions on amps/speakers setup

I'm planning on replacing the speakers and HU on my coupe civic and wanted some comments or suggestions on how I plan on setting it up.

What I have:
1 eclipse 5303r HU
2 infinity kappa 60.3cs speakers
1 zapco studio 100 amp
1 zapco ag360 amp
2 JBL 10" gt102d dvc subs

no sub box yet (friend of mine suggested sealed box since I listen to a lot of techno)

I was planning on hooking up the infinity's to the 100 (no rear speakers, I figure I'll do rear fill if it sounds as if something's missing) and the 2 subs on the 360 (bridged). I guess my main concern is if the 100 will supply enough power to the infinity's.

the subs are old, I got 'em a couple years ago, I figure I'll make use of 'em and see how they sound instead of just replacing them.

Any suggestions on the box for the sub? what size, dimensions, place to get it (good guys, circuit city, etc)

Thanks!

Edy
Old 03-29-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
the amps will have enoug power for the speakers no problem..with the subs.. well just buy a generic small sealed box fron Best by or circuit city..those subs aren't too great sounding so airspace isn't gonna be too imporant..

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 03-29-2002
edy
Registered!!

edy is an unknown quantity at this point
cool, I figured I'd end up replacing the subs sometime, what do you suggest?

I'm looking at spending $200 - 300 for the sub(s). What's the difference in how many subs/size you use? Are 2 10" subs better than 1 12" sub, or the other way around? Just wondering since I see some people have 1 12", some have 3 10"s, etc.

Like I said, I mainly listen to techno and dance, so I'd like to have some nice clean bass, not necessarily super loud, just good enough so that the music inside sounds good.
Old 03-29-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
If you listen mostly to techno and dance there isn't juch of any low end bass so 2 10's would be the way to go.. there's no best size sub...it all depends on your listening preferences and the quality of the sub. Some 15's can sound tighter than alot of 10's...If you want though..you can get 1 Very good 12... or 2 decent 10's for that price..

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 03-31-2002
Registered!!

PeArlHoNdA is an unknown quantity at this point
TECHNO what the hell

do what mohawk says, rumor is he is a genius [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

PeArLhOnDa