I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

which ones first

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZippyDan is an unknown quantity at this point
which ones first

how many speakers/tweeters are there in the civic and which ones should i replace first if i want to do it piecemeal
Old 05-02-2007
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Re: which ones first

2 tweeters, 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers. I'm not sure if all civics come with 2 tweeters, but mine did.

Replace the fronts first. I still have my stock rear speakers, and my stock tweeters. I've disconnected my tweeters, and I run my rears off my deck. I've amped the front speakers, with a sub. Front speakers are all you need. Don't focus on the rear ones. Tweeters are good too, but if you're highs are good, then you don't need new ones.
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

emdude4 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think you only have tweeters if you have an ex, but so far ive only replaced me front door speakers.
Old 05-02-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

yea only the ex models have the tweeters.. or should i say..... "premium sound" LOL! but yeah, im subscribed cause i was wonderin where to start as well
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough

subscribed
Old 05-02-2007
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

i have an EX and i didnt get tweeters...
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

ZippyDan is an unknown quantity at this point

well i have tweets on my ex. thanks btw. so the very first thing is the front speakers.... then amp.... then sub... then tweets... then rears? im ignoring the head unit cuz i have the se head unit for now and plan on getting a nav system head unit way down the road
Old 05-02-2007
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ZippyDan
well i have tweets on my ex. thanks btw. so the very first thing is the front speakers.... then amp.... then sub... then tweets... then rears? im ignoring the head unit cuz i have the se head unit for now and plan on getting a nav system head unit way down the road
I thought you just meant what speakers to get first. Personally, I'd get a HU first. Most will say speakers.

btw, I wouldn't bother changing the rear speakers. Just do a front stage setup, since you plan on gettng subs.

the SE HU blows, I don't know why so many people on this board think this deck is so great. It blows, Its a stock HU. The unit looks nice, and fits rather flush, but performance wise. It totally bites the dust. You're even better off with a cheap aftermarket deck for now, while you save up for your navi HU.

Last edited by phuviano; 05-02-2007 at 01:53 AM.
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

emdude4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rennen
go back to the stealership and demand to get the tweeters or your money back. lol
Old 05-02-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rennen
dang then i think u got jipped... kinda like me and me not getting alloy rims when i got my Ex... its prolly just a option then
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

Replace the front speakers (with components maybe) and make sure you power that with an amp to bring out the speakers full potential. If it sounds good dont bother replacing the rears unless its with something cheap. I replaced the crappy rear speakers because they were distorting at higher volumes running off my alpine headunit
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

I think for the tweeters it depends on what yr. I know the 04-05 came with more items standard rather then options. I had a 04 ex and it came with alloys, abs and tweeters.

Anyways dont replaced the rears. The rears will over power the fronts. I had rockford front and rears and the rears kept over powering the fronts. I had to turn down my rears to the lowest setting on my amp so i could hear the fronts.
Old 05-03-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

add an amp and sub first. i don't care how good the factory system is, everything sounds better with a sub. even a cheap setup. when i had an
EX with tweets, it was pretty good. i just added a sub and left the rest stock. on my LX, i don't have tweets. i swapped the front door speakers out for Infinity Reference 6012's and couldn't tell a huge difference between them and stock. highs were slightly clearer, but not $80 worth clearer. mainly because of their positioning. components are the only thing that would give me clearer highs. if you have tweets, you already have that. most people say the rear speakers aren't worth changing especially if you have a sub due to the pressure distortions. on my EX, everything was stock (even HU) except the sub and it sounded awesome. having changed to aftermarket stuff and the difference not being all that great, i say just get an amp and sub and save the rest of your money. maybe swap the HU if you want other functionality.
Old 05-04-2007
Registered!!

sentbacktothesu is an unknown quantity at this point

i have an ex with tweeters. i amped everything through the stock head unit to keep it stealth. i blew my rears, and the amp for my speakers has a pre out for the sub, everything sounds so clean.
Old 05-04-2007
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough

i replaced all my speakers at once (no tweets, LX) but it sounds so much better than stock. i have them all running of my aftermarket deck. sounds great, even with my 2 12's in the trunk and my speakers are chepies. i would suggest that you get some good speakers all around after you buy a HU. then get subs, then amp your speakers and your system will be awesome.
Old 05-04-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ck-tweets.html

if you Searched and you woud've found this...only took 5 seconds..

i know because i've seen too many threads about this...that's how long i've been here...

for those that are too lazy...only ex coupe has tweeters...no tweeter on ex sedan...
Old 05-04-2007
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough

i have an 05 lx with 6 speakers including tweeters
Old 05-05-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rjngo
i have an 05 lx with 6 speakers including tweeters
so how is this contributing to the OP's question?