I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Kids and thier "bass" now a days

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Kids and thier "bass" now a days

just driving home from work not more than 10 minutes ago I see this car and hear what seems to be like bass coming from it. I ask the kid can't be more than 17 what he is trying to bump with. His buddy leans over and says trying? thats 2 audiobahn 12's we just installed. Well, I jsut say needs a little work man. I had my bass turned low and my sterio down at the time. He says well dosne't sound lie you have anything. And really I don't have much just an SL5 hooked up to a 900 watt kicker amp. So, I browse through the songs on the CD that is in and turn Clint Eastwood by the Gorillias up to 54 on my pioneer DVH-mp500. Really my system is more setup for theater sound and clarity than anything. Then turn the dB **** all teh way up. They look over and laugh, but about a minute into the song when some deep heavy bass lines start dropping they look over jaws dropped.

I kind of miss the old days when the sterios were mind numbling loud. I've always been an SLP fan and have been helping makeing SLP systems since 13. I know mine is no where close to a competition, but why do young kids drop so much money on crap now a days? I guess cause its in a see though box and has flames on it makes it good. I was just guessing its one of thise ebay Audiobahn dual bandpass box setuips you can but for like $100. Stories liek this makes me miss my festiva I had when I was 16. Yes wouldn't you miss a hatch back with 2 SL7 15's? even if the alternator did crap out every couple months and had to pad lock the hatch down from the inside because you kept blowing it open with the subs.

Edit: would this be considered a kill story?

Last edited by ajhdragon; 06-14-2006 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-14-2006
Registered!!

05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, alot of those down here too, but i guess when your young and don't know better......they will grow out of it, they judge the system by how much the trunk and liscence plate rattle, so when they see people with a good setup, they think it sucks.....
Old 06-14-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
my trunk and licence plate raddles wit hteh best of them. im to cheap for dynamat at the moment. but even when I was installing professionally, i would try and get kids to better subs/amps **** even better than the kenwood chicken speakers (the ones that started with KFC-###), but they heard form their freinds and people from other stores that explode,audiobahn,and rockford subs are top of the line. I mean don't get me wrong the higher end audiobahn and rockford P3's are great. but if your takeing advice from a guy at best buy you shouldn't be owning a system. ( i didn't work at best buy, I worked at a strictly car audio and mobile video store)

Last edited by ajhdragon; 06-14-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Ahaha, I had sometihng like this happen to me when I had my subs. Some rednecks in a truck were trying to thump, and they looked at me and laughed, because I had my sub switch off (i didnt like it on that often) and was listening to some music. Well my friend pointed them out, and I flipped the switch.. needless to say the look on their face went from "haha we just caught us a cow!" to "Someone stole my pitchfork!" in about 1 second flat! =)

I <3 you Drew lol
Old 06-14-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

^^new sig quote
Old 06-14-2006

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
haha I dont know if your making fun of me or just thought it was funny lol
Old 06-14-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

lil of both
Old 06-14-2006

oh jeez. I don't <3 you anymore lol
Old 06-14-2006
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
i was just coming from the park and some kid in a sentra was bumping his system. The light caught us and i was playing some ole Reggae (but with mostly treble and subs off). Anyhows another light catches us. And he tried to find and new song; while doing that i looked at him like is that necessary. So i said wut you got. He said 2 10s running 100rms each @ 4ohm. He asked me if i need help building my system. I laughed. He did the math and he said, "you wanna battle">!!!!! i almost put the car in [P] to laugh. I said, "you'd probably win mang". Then he said lets here it. Now the light turns green. I put turn the sub **** to half, HFP was @125 on the deck LFP was @ 78. With no bass on the HU just my amp tuned by a friend at circuit city. I blasted my bass (young joc - it's going down...lol) for our onlookers behind us at the next light he rolled his windows up and made a left while a went str8 then some G's pulled up in wut they call a BOX Chevy on some 26s wrapped in rubberbands and nearly knocked the signals off the wires at the light were i stopped. I only wish i had that on video.

Str8 up Dave chapelle sketch yo!!!lol!!!
Old 06-14-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
my trunk and licence plate raddles wit hteh best of them. im to cheap for dynamat at the moment. but even when I was installing professionally, i would try and get kids to better subs/amps **** even better than the kenwood chicken speakers (the ones that started with KFC-###), but they heard form their freinds and people from other stores that explode,audiobahn,and rockford subs are top of the line. I mean don't get me wrong the higher end audiobahn and rockford P3's are great. but if your takeing advice from a guy at best buy you shouldn't be owning a system. ( i didn't work at best buy, I worked at a strictly car audio and mobile video store)
i got the dynamat for my trunk and my plate and they still rattle like WHOA!!
but my system also makes my roof, rear windshield, side windows and trunk pulsate in and out a good half inch.
Old 06-14-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Forget SPL, I want subs that are super clear, and loud. I dont settle for anything less
Old 06-14-2006
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I bought an Audiobahn sub from CC to temporarily use when I sent my Diamond Audio subs in once. I destroyed it within an hour. Returned it for full price too. Take that beeshes!
Old 06-14-2006
Registered!!

blackdragon will become famous soon enoughblackdragon will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
Dynamat is well known but my boy B-Quiet his entire shell of his LS/Vtec CRX and that **** sounds like a fuking lexus or acura man. Thats my next mod interior wise. BTW i tried putting 1/2" thick carpet foam under the plastic rear deck and the **** still rattles. Speakers and snug, clips are fastened properly if you guys have any info on that lemme know. Thats why i dont play my subs alot.
Old 06-14-2006

and although my subs are hella loud, i am all about clear crisp equal sound! i just need to setup my mids better.
i wont lie, if im at a light and some stunna is blastin his song tryin to think he is a pimp, i dont care, but if they look over at me thinkin theyre the **** or have a good lookin girl in teh car i blast mine and they cry, then the girls come home with me.

Originally Posted by blackdragon
Dynamat is well known but my boy B-Quiet his entire shell of his LS/Vtec CRX and that **** sounds like a fuking lexus or acura man. Thats my next mod interior wise. BTW i tried putting 1/2" thick carpet foam under the plastic rear deck and the **** still rattles. Speakers and snug, clips are fastened properly if you guys have any info on that lemme know. Thats why i dont play my subs alot.
im pissed, i took mine out and put it back on and it never rattled, now it does bad!!! ill take it off again to do tint and glue it down or something.

Last edited by ncirom2003; 06-14-2006 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-14-2006
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Put some white grease on those clips when you put them in...
Old 06-14-2006

yea i heard of that trick, what i did instead was went from underneath sith some pics and screwdrivers an pulled the clips through, all except one i missed, i gaurantee its bitin me in the *** now haha
Old 06-14-2006
Registered!!

speedlover37 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i will admit i am not the loudest kid out there, since i'm about 60% sq, and 40% spl, but i do take pride in what i do install and spend my hard earned money on. I at one point was probably one of them: i just wanted to be noticed. but I had a few good mentors that set me straight right away. I agree that some people, most falling into the younger age group do not even know what sq is, or how loud is actually loud. hopefully they will learn.

As far as the deck lid, i had mine off to put in the rear components, and then when i put it back on, it was fine for a while, now it goes nuts. It is annoying as .... oh well, right?
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Rufus
Put some white grease on those clips when you put them in...
whats the white grease do??
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
i got the dynamat for my trunk and my plate and they still rattle like WHOA!!
but my system also makes my roof, rear windshield, side windows and trunk pulsate in and out a good half inch.
Yea...same here. I used dynamat over the trunk, rear deck, and license plate but I can get the plate from bouncing off the trunk, so the dynamat thumps a lil. My roof will bounce a bottle off real fast and I only have 2 12 Type-S, so nothing special but it'll rattle the windows of houses as I go by, if I have it up that is.
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

SleekOne is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by lxcivic2k1
Yea...same here. I used dynamat over the trunk, rear deck, and license plate but I can get the plate from bouncing off the trunk, so the dynamat thumps a lil. My roof will bounce a bottle off real fast and I only have 2 12 Type-S, so nothing special but it'll rattle the windows of houses as I go by, if I have it up that is.

I know it's ghetto, but I put some socks behind my license plate and it works great. It was supposed to be a temporary fix until I picked up some dynamat but it worked so well I just forgot about it.
Old 06-15-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by grenloch101056
whats the white grease do??
Keeps the rattle down
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough
ha, jus the otha day me n my boy heading down the street n this mazda pulls up with 2 goons inside thinkin they had the loudest set on the highway it was all distorted and shyt. we watch them like wtf and return the favor by shaking the hell outta their vehicle when my boy turned the sub on from the dsp. they tried to drive away fast after the red light but my boy didnt allow it we caught up to them n rattled them somemore lol shyt was comical.
Old 06-15-2006
I R T3H 1338

auto84 will become famous soon enoughauto84 will become famous soon enough
huh? speak english.

www.m-w.com
Old 06-15-2006
Premium Member

haha he said "goons"
Old 06-18-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
Dats sum funee shyt ryte thurr... Goons...
Old 06-18-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
yea i heard of that trick, what i did instead was went from underneath sith some pics and screwdrivers an pulled the clips through, all except one i missed, i gaurantee its bitin me in the *** now haha
owned by one clip!

I did the same thing
Old 06-18-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
I've always been an SLP fan and have been helping makeing SLP systems since 13.
Apparently you havent been into car audio long enough.
SLP = Street Level Performance (a popular vendor of this site.
SPL = Sound Pressure Level

Can't blame that on typo cuz you said twice lol
Old 06-18-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ehh not worried about it. I just know ive always been building systems that blow out windows and make ears bleed.
Old 06-18-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
it's funnny to see a ole' beat up probe or non-taken care of civic with a system in the back tryin to beat and say how loud it is at ym job, but i laugh with my co-workers after they leave driving by, but them knowing and thinking it's good wnough for them is good enough i guess. i mena my cousins car is bass drowning all-possible highs, i mean he claims his 12W6v.2 with a jl 500.1 amp is louder........ i think how does that accomplish louder when its now a 13W7 w/ a 1000.1 JL amp.. i know my alt is crap now, til i get the HO alt. but i cant wait for one! plus i went for a system to understand the song, not the bass. i mean if you just sit and hear the music w/o bass sometime you really hear what you miss sometimes.
Old 06-19-2006
Premium Member

One time I think I pooped in my sleep.

Quick Reply: Kids and thier "bass" now a days