I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

front component speakers for coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dups is an unknown quantity at this point
front component speakers for coupe

I have a Civic EX Coupe and I want to replace the current speakers that are in the front doors. I kinda like the Rockford Fosgate FNP2614 speakers but I think I'd rather get the infinity kappa 60.2cs speakers. I want something that has a pretty good bass sound with a decent tweeter. I have Pioneer 3-way 6x9's in the back and I'm using the factory HU for now... I want to do the speakers first and the HU later. I haven't been able to find the infinity speakers I'm looking for @ a local dealer yet but I easily found the RF speakers. I'd rather find some place around where I live so I can just have them install it and everything to save me some time. Any thoughts on what I should get or do? I'm not really set in stone on what I want to do yet but I just wanted some input on which speakers to get or to see if I'm just going in the wrong direction or what. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Old 03-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
in that case case.. go to ROCS.. to go Installer.com
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

Glassdome is an unknown quantity at this point
I too am an Infinity fan and have been shopping for something for my 2K1 Sedan LX's front doors. The least expensive prices and largest selection I've been able to find have been on the internet. Just go to www.yahoo.com, click on shopping, and search for what you're looking for. Lowest price for something high end, like Infinity's 63.3i (their latest 6.5" 3-way) is about $120 a pair. Compare that to Crutchfield's ridiculous $199.95. If you're comfortable with bidding on eBay, sometimes you can get it for even cheaper. Recently, a pair of 63.3is went for $99. Of course, the penalty you pay for buying on the internet is the shipping and hassle of returns if there's a problem. Local shops here in the Detroit metro area charge around $35 for installing a pair of speakers. How are prices in your area?
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

dups is an unknown quantity at this point
prices for install here I have found range from 40 - 120 for component speakers.... regular speakers like your 6.5" run around 40-50 with parts and thats in DFW.
Old 03-15-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
speakers are easy to install man, especially if you are using the factory head unit and everything because then you don't even have to run new wires.