I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

alarm led placement (Pic added on page 3)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
realitycheck is an unknown quantity at this point
alarm led placement (Pic added on page 3)

I searched around and couldnt find anything. I was wondering where did you guys place your the led for your alarms. I want a really nice looking spot for it, something that looks OEM. I really like the ones in the locks on the vw's and stuff, but obviously that wont work on ours. So pic's would be great, but a good description will work also. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by realitycheck; 05-17-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-11-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
The best place I've seen an alarm LED put is on the driver's side door, about 2 inches away from where the door lock is.
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Do you know how they put it there? Like an led holder or just drill a hole and just push it through or what?
which side of the lock, towards the front of the car or back of the car? Thanks bud.
Old 05-11-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
the oem honda alarm puts the LED in the middle of the steering column shroud.
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Does it look good or just cheap?
Old 05-11-2006

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I don't like having the LED on the steering wheel shroud...Just doesn't look right to me. And no matter what you're going to have to use an LED holder, unless you drill a smaller hole and just wedge the LED into it. And it was towards the front of the car

Last edited by 01hondercivic; 05-11-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

hmmm, are the ones at radio shack the only ones you guys know of. Or are they any other ones that might look better?
Old 05-11-2006

I think gearbox put an amber LED for his alarm...But you can buy them online, but from where, I don't really know.
Old 05-11-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
i like where the shop put mine. on my ac vent in the upper right corner. when it flashes when on the whole pillar glows at night so i can look out the window to see it. and looks clean where it is.
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

I will have to check with gearbox and see what he's got going on.
Tuner04 any pics? If not is it in the vent closest to the driver door?
Old 05-11-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
mines is in a pretty cool spot. its in between the mirror and cruise buttons right above the coin tray. i dont have a sunroof so it can fit in there
Old 05-11-2006
How many pots have you smoken?

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
^mine is sorta around there. on the left of the steering wheel on the bottom part of the dash so its basically pointing at the seat part (where yur butttt goes lol) of my driver seat. i think it looks clean there
Old 05-11-2006
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by tuner04civic
i like where the shop put mine. on my ac vent in the upper right corner. when it flashes when on the whole pillar glows at night so i can look out the window to see it. and looks clean where it is.
mine is located there too... driver vent's upper corner
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

upper right or left? I cant decide which would look better?
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

gipperkid is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw a 00 Si with a blue LED alarm light on the dash near the windsheild defrost vents. Looked alright I guess.
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
here is where i put mine, it illuminates the whole inside of the car.
Old 05-11-2006

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
thats interesting never seen it there before..

why does your roof look odd? looks like it has shaping in the middle....shouldn't it be flat?
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by manthatguysfast
why does your roof look odd? looks like it has shaping in the middle....shouldn't it be flat?
I don't know, it's a 2005, maybe different years, differents roofs, never really noticed that in other civics, what year is yours?
Old 05-11-2006

well mine is an 01, but its an EX so it has the sun roof. my girls is an 05 VP and her roof is flat (i think..haha)

ive never seen one like yours...or maybe theyre all like that and i only noticed on yours. but it reminds me of my moms 04 navigator - the roof is shaped wierd because of all the a/c vents

does that part in the middle go all the way back? or does it flatten out? im tripped out about this haha. i dunno if ive just never noticed that or what!
Old 05-11-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by manthatguysfast
well mine is an 01, but its an EX so it has the sun roof. my girls is an 05 VP and her roof is flat (i think..haha)

ive never seen one like yours...or maybe theyre all like that and i only noticed on yours. but it reminds me of my moms 04 navigator - the roof is shaped wierd because of all the a/c vents

does that part in the middle go all the way back? or does it flatten out? im tripped out about this haha. i dunno if ive just never noticed that or what!
yeah it flattens out after, it's only like that in the front, if you really want to see the rest of the roof i can take pics , haha but seriously, i don't know, i'll have to check in local civics if they are made like that too, maybe its a canadian thing
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Gearbox thanks dude, I really appreciate the pics. I think the only problem with that area is I put my arm up there all the time. I know i'd push it back inside the door. Then i'd have to take it all apart again. Thanks for the offer on the amber led, but I wanted to stick with the red theme. I pulled my alarm led out of the box which its been sitting in for two years and tested it and it was red so I went with it. Its 3mm so I took my air vent apart. And found that if you look where the defrost air comes out theres a tiny little area of flat space in the bottom left corner. So I drilled a hole and shoved it in there so its completely hidden. But if you walk up to the driver window bam its blinking right in your face. If anyone wants pics i'll get some let me know.
Old 05-11-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
cool that sounds like a good place
Old 05-11-2006
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
www.superbrightleds.com will have the LED's in any color you want. As for me, I had it in the guage pod on the civic I owned. If I had it to do over again, I doubt I'd have installed one there, or at all. For one, it advertises to potential theives that you have an alarm, and would lead them to searching for a way to disable it, which could lead to a lot more damage to teh car than you want, should a theif really want in. If I were to install one though, I'd think about putting it inside the driver's side air vent. I had LED's in mine for interior lighting and it looked slick. Drilled a hole in the top of the air vent and put in an LED holder. The actual LED was out of sight, but it emitted a nice glow in the vents.
Old 05-12-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
i wanna see pics. i have to change out my alarm system
Old 05-12-2006
Registered!!

Alright let me get the digi out and i'll try too have them up this weekend.
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

cleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trusted
what do u guys think of putting them in the vents like the two outer ones
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
I wouldn't put an LED anywhere in the car that would illuminate the interior. This would just provide lighting for theives to get a good look inside the car...
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

SlimmKidd is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by free_refil
I wouldn't put an LED anywhere in the car that would illuminate the interior. This would just provide lighting for theives to get a good look inside the car...

WORD!!!
Old 05-13-2006
Premium Member

well with a modded car i like thieves to know it has some kind of protection. i have maybe $400 of audio equipment deck and amp and its from 3 yrs ago. everyone knows this from car shows too. nobody is stupid enough here to try anyway. and if they are there are surprises waiting for them.

Quick Reply: alarm led placement (Pic added on page 3)