I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Infinity

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steven10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Infinity

hey i have a special edition head unit in my civic.. stock speakers... stock tweeters... and an infinity basslink in my trunk... i like how it sounds now... but i was wondering if anyone knew any speakers that would sound good with the basslink.. or just stay stock speakers?...
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i love infinity reference 2 way speakers and tweeters i have. much better than stock and much much better when amped.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

hmm sounds good... i wanted to go all infinity.. but i was wondering how i would do it like since i have a basslink.. does it mean i cant amp em?.. im lost on this stuff
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
just get a 4 channel amp. i have my four speakers on this amp and the tweeters just hooked to the front channels of the deck (not amped).

Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

but isnt the basslink an amp?... see this is where im lost.. hahah ..
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

the basslink has an amp, but there is no rule that says you can only have one amp lol. you buy a new 4 channel amp for the speakers. the basslink HAS an amp that is used to power the woofer only.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

ooo i c i c! i get it.. well i dont really want to add another amp.. im on a budget haha i was just looking to add speakers that went well with the basslink...
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

you can still add speakers without amp. just use deck power. even the stock deck will work.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

so some reference 2 way infinity speakers? ... arright i think ima give em a try... i hope they go well with the power of the sub... (since its not a real setup)
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

ya dont get higher than base speakers. reference is a good factory replacement. higher end speakers wont sound good without an amp because they will be underpowered. The amp i have gives out about 25-30wrms per channel. the stock deck puts out about 5-10, and most aftermarket decks put out around 15-20.
Old 04-20-2006
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
edit: gearbox beat me to it.

really the reference will still be too much for the stock deck. I had some hooked up to it for about a week while I was waiting for my new deck to come in and it sounded like ****. I lost soooo much bass and they distorted a lot sooner than the stock speakers. I suggest getting some speakers that will run at around 10-15w rms, it will sound better and you won't lose as much of the bass response. Even with the basslink you'll still want your other speakers to fill in the rest of the bass.

Last edited by ex2k3; 04-20-2006 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

so get 4 reference speakers.. wat about the tweeters?

ya thats wat i was worried about getting too good of speakers.. i just want some that sound nice with the sub... it already sounds really clean but i thought with speakers itd be better.... isnt this special edition head unit a lil better than just stock damn! ahhahahah

also... i saw a lot of diff reference infinity's haha help me choose the right one =]

Last edited by steven10; 04-20-2006 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

well just get whatever the new 2 way infinity reference model is. and no you cant get tweeters because it will exceed the ohm load. if your 4 speakers were on an amp, then you could wire the tweeters to deck power. but you can get components for the front. a component speaker system is a midrange woofer that goes in the door panel, and a tweeter that mounts above it. a crossover is included to make them both operate on the same channel.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

do u know wat size the fronts r/backs r on our civics.. well mine is a 05 sedan
Old 04-20-2006
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
Sedans are 6.5 all around. I'm pretty sure they also need spacers, atleast mine did, but I do have a coupe.
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

yes 6.5 all around, 1 inch spacer you can get from circuit city or something. I used plastic so it doesn't get damaged by water.