I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

My stereo system setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mengsta is an unknown quantity at this point
My stereo system setup

Hey guys, just wonderin if anyone can help me with my current setup:
HU - CDA 9835
Components - SPX177R
Rear speakers - stock
Amp - MRV-F345
Sub - Type R 12"

Initially, the MRVF345 powered the front components and the sub. There was an old kenwood amp powering the rear deck, because it's a pretty weak amp(400W). The setup was nice and I was pretty satisfied. Then the kenwood amp had to fail on me (rear deck started crackling) so I disconnected the rear speakers. The sound is kinda flat...even before the amp failed on me, I always faded the sound all the way to the front but it sure sounds different from now and I aint liking how it sounds.

Should I invest further in a monoblock(MRD-M605) and change the setup? Or shld I get an equivalent rear speaker component (powered by HU)? I rather not get both cuz I'm trying not to spend too much money on this. It's a Civic 05' Sedan. I'm also trying to budget in modifying my pillars to embed the tweeters and soundproof my front doors. Currently, the rear deck is soundproofed and a hole is cut thru the rear panel to let the bass 'escape'.

I dun have any particular music preference but I enjoy my system tuned to 'seperate' the sound as much as possible and a solid thump for bass. Would the monoblock solve it? Is there a necessity to upgrade my rear speakers?

Any feedback is most appreciated. Thanx heaps.
Old 04-04-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the roughcoop is a jewel in the rough
If I were you - I'd upgrade the rears to something decent, let the F345 power the fronts and Rears. Give the sub it's own amp.