I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

last try for some help (wires/radio) WITH PICS

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation last try for some help (wires/radio) WITH PICS

ok this is the wire harness i cut and connecteing the wires to the radio harnes

this is the chart of the honda wire harness , i got this of a website http://www.ondemand5.com
great website but it cost money but i got a account from my teachers at school yay for automotive major! and if anyone need wire diagrams feel free to ask me

this is a pic the radio harness after all is done there are still some remaining wires O_O why? and what do i do with them? anyone got a clue please tell me

if u want or care get the full radio manual here
http://www.dualav.com/i/product/manu...2011-10-04.pdf

Old 03-01-2006
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
you dont need all the wires hooked up to have the head unit installed and functioning you need:
constant power
switched (accessory) power
ground
+ and - for each of the four speakers

cap everything else off individually and your golden
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
yeah but i have no interior lighting, the last 3 left are interior lights and whats SW OUT and IGN...ign is ignition and that goes to (accessor poweR)? wehn i connect the radio to the wires it dosent power on which power wires go to each other can anyone tell me iv tried some but maybe im wrong, thats basically all i need becuase the speakers are done just need some power to get the radio on
Old 03-02-2006
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
SW OUT is what color? I'm guessing brown or brown/white. If so, it's for steering wheel controls, and you won't need it. IGN would be accessory power and is a red wire right? You DO need that wire, deck won't turn on without it.

The wires you NEED are:

Red - Switched (IGN) power
Yellow - Constant power
Black - ground
White + White/Black - Left front speaker
Grey + Grey/Black - Right front speaker
Green + Green/Black - Left rear speaker
Purple + Purple/Black - Right rear speaker

Last edited by MegaHurtz; 03-02-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

Talking

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
SW OUT is what color? I'm guessing brown or brown/white. If so, it's for steering wheel controls, and you won't need it. IGN would be accessory power and is a red wire right? You DO need that wire, deck won't turn on without it.

The wires you NEED are:

Red - Switched (IGN) power
Yellow - Constant power
Black - ground
White + White/Black - Left front speaker
Grey + Grey/Black - Right front speaker
Green + Green/Black - Left rear speaker
Purple + Purple/Black - Right rear speaker
sw out is yellow green but i dont think i need that
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
are u gone connect this to your stock wires??? if yes

why not get the kit and connect one side to stock plug and other side just mach the colors...
Old 03-02-2006
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
You cut the harness? Good lord
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
You cut the harness? Good lord

Ya, not very bright!
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

ill just put the old harness back on and buy the adapter im getting tired of this crap now to take out my trusty soldering kit
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
don't forget to connect the power antenna wire too, it powers the signal booster we have in the back. if your HU has remote turn on & power antena wire, connect it to power ant., if it only has remote turn on, connect it to that.
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

i still have a littele stub of wire sticking out of the old harnes i clipped i should be able to connect it tothat no prob and if not ill just hookit up to the new one i have laying around from bestbuy
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

well, since you already cut it, i wouldn't put the factory harness back on, what is done is done. your better off just connecting your HU harness directly to your factory wires. it would just be more connections for nothing, u would have all the connections from the factory wires to the factory harness, plus all the connections from the adapter to the HU harness.

if you want to, i can tell you wich wires go with wich, let me know.
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

well i got the speakers all connected just....no power to the radio iv tried turning it on and nothing happened i guess if i can power it on thats all i would need so yeah help with the power wires would help
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

pm me your e-mail, and i'll send you a file. i drew a pic with your harness to tell where each wires go on your HU.
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

I posted it here, but if you want it bigger, i can e-mail it to you.
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

if that doesn't work, you either have a blown fuse, or your HU is fu**ed, or loose wire/connection somewhere. if you follow the pic I gave you and it doesn't work, check the red accesory wire and the yellow constant wire to see if they get power. the red accesorry will only have power when the key is in the acc position or if the car is on.
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

Arrow

Originally Posted by 05reverb
I posted it here, but if you want it bigger, i can e-mail it to you.
the blue wire on the hu goes to what color? and email is hehemyfreeemail@yahoo.com
Old 03-02-2006
Kung-Fu Kar Kare Master

fergsonfire is an unknown quantity at this point
check the other post. I gave you a wire for wire so that you can just hook it to the head unit
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

the blue remote turn-on wire goes the the 8th wire on your factory wires. look at the numbers on the pic, and at the right, it tells you wich wire to connect it to your HU
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 05reverb
if that doesn't work, you either have a blown fuse, or your HU is fu**ed, or loose wire/connection somewhere. if you follow the pic I gave you and it doesn't work, check the red accesory wire and the yellow constant wire to see if they get power. the red accesorry will only have power when the key is in the acc position or if the car is on.
yes that true i dont have power until i turn on the car and i thinnk i blew a fuse i replaced the power lock fuse and it worked but i thinki blew it again becuase it wont power lock and how doi fix my dash lights they dont work is it as easy as just replacing bulbs? i saw smoke come out when one red wire hit anohter and i think the HU is fooked up, fuse i can fix and im prob gunna have to buy a new radio hu this ones prob been killed from all the mistakes
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

sorry to hear that man, you should have invested in the 10$ adapter, and you should never work with bare wires with power on. I do it, but fried an amp once, thank god it passed on the waranty. its really hard to descrip online how to check stuff, so i recomend you getting it checked locally.
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

yeah ill prob just do that go to somelocal shop that does stereos and crap just to check it but i wanna finish this myself now i cant see my dash at night
Old 03-02-2006
Registered!!

how much do you guys think (what arm and leg) will honda sell me a radio harness for? im just gunna get a new one and plug in the adapter i got....yup i got it and i plan to use it i connected it to the new radio harness so it should work ...if it dosentim throwing that radio in the toilet
Old 03-03-2006
Racism sucks, just like your Mom...

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not trying to be a d*ck, but it's already been suggested that you take it to a shop, considering you've had everything from smoke to non-working lights to intermittent power locks occur from your failed install. Why are you still messing with it??? I admire wanting to do this yourself, but enough is enough. You're going to wind up causing more damage, bro! Just cut your losses, do a little bit of damage control, and take it to a qualified audio guy!

And why are you starting a new thread, when this was already being addressed in another active thread? Makes it very hard for people to stick with you and offer help when you have them jumping between multiple threads...
Old 03-03-2006
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by boxcarracer
how much do you guys think (what arm and leg) will honda sell me a radio harness for? im just gunna get a new one and plug in the adapter i got....yup i got it and i plan to use it i connected it to the new radio harness so it should work ...if it dosentim throwing that radio in the toilet

if you want to come down to south jersey i can troubleshoot your car and put an oem harness back on. we sell them at our shop for 19.60
Old 03-03-2006
Racism sucks, just like your Mom...

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by grenloch101056
if you want to come down to south jersey i can troubleshoot your car and put an oem harness back on. we sell them at our shop for 19.60
That's cool. Yet another forumer going out of his way to help a fellow Honda guy...