I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
Sound System

wassup,

i have a 05 civic special edition.... and im gonna get a decent system, heres a pic of it

so my question is what kind of wiring would i need for all of this???

heres the specs:
* AMPLIFIER
o 400 X 1 WATTS RMS
o Brushed Aluminum Chassis
o Top Mount Controls with Blue Illumination
o Cooling Fan
o Chrome Dub Fan Grille
o Doublesided Glass Epoxy Circuit Board
o PWM MOSFET Power Supply
o THD: 0.02%
o S/N Ratio: 100 dB
o Frequency Response: 10Hz - 40kHz
o Variable 18 dB Hi-Pass Crossover: 75Hz - 750kHz
o Variable 18 dB Lo-Pass Crossover: 50Hz - 150Hz
o Selectable Bass EQ
o 4-Way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit, DC Offset, and Overload

* 10" SUBWOOFER
o Oversized 30 oz Double-Stacked Strontium Magnet
o Power Handling: 200 Watts RMS
o Frequency Response: 24Hz - 1kHz
o Efficiency: 87 dB
o 1.5" Foam Surround
o No-Press Pulp Cone
o 1.5" 4-Layer ASV Voice Coil
Old 02-20-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
hahahahahaah
Old 02-21-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

shmik1 has disabled reputation
wrong forum, this belongs in ICE.

you could get by with an 8ga kit, but 4ga is better.

hope you got that REALLY CHEAP.
Old 02-21-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
DUB edition subs and amp? wow...
Old 02-21-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shmik1
wrong forum, this belongs in ICE.

you could get by with an 8ga kit, but 4ga is better.

hope you got that REALLY CHEAP.
yea its like $170...... not baddd
Old 02-21-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
1st off did you buy that yet?
If not, I would reconsider how terrible a sub and amp combo will sound when they are less than $200. I have frined who have purchased subs for $170 that sounded poor, nevermind an amp and enclosure. So if you think that you are going to get any decent bass, look elsewhere. You will get the same amount of bas as any other underpowered, cheap 10" sub, but you will have tons and tons of disotrtion making the music disgusting sounding. I know I listen to music loud, but clarity is #1 priority... otherwise you are wasting money.

2nd off, if you did buy it, 8ga is plenty. 4 gauge wire is a waste in this case.

On a side note I was discussing amplifiers in an electrical engineering course of mine and we have developed a theory that states that rap actually sounds better on crappy speakers cause the distortion from people turning the volume up too high (clipping) and the low quality of the speakers actually make it sound better (mainly because rap couldn't get any worse on the ears).

Last edited by diskreet; 02-21-2006 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-21-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
not bad looks nice if thats what ur going for.
Old 02-21-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Gtm4faq...0&I=108BASSLIN

$300 and you get a 10" infinity subwoofer with an amplifier in an enclosure. Infinity subs are superb sounding, and for $300 this is probably the best all-in-one sub/amp system, especially value for money.
Best of all: the Infinity isnt ghetto-nasty. It isn't tacky. It isnt something people laugh at.

even this would be so much more respectable and still only $250:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Gtm4faq...00&I=113KSCWD2

Also consider that your signal wires, wiring for power and ground, and spare fuses/etc will probably cost you at least $20 - $60 depending on quality. I have already spent well over $100 on wires and wire terminals alone in my car!

Last edited by diskreet; 02-21-2006 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-21-2006
Registered!!

juzthewy will become famous soon enoughjuzthewy will become famous soon enough
=|

pls dont do it.
go get a w6 like me ;]
Old 02-21-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by diskreet
1st off did you buy that yet?
On a side note I was discussing amplifiers in an electrical engineering course of mine and we have developed a theory that states that rap actually sounds better on crappy speakers cause the distortion from people turning the volume up too high (clipping) and the low quality of the speakers actually make it sound better (mainly because rap couldn't get any worse on the ears).

ahhahahahah man diskreet youre the man. take his advice and rep him.
Old 02-21-2006
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Might as well go for Warren G subs!
Old 02-21-2006

Originally Posted by ***** Fn FBM 85
ahhahahahah man diskreet youre the man. take his advice and rep him.

Thanks, I just try to speak the truth.
Old 02-21-2006
Banned

Originally Posted by diskreet
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Gtm4faq...0&I=108BASSLIN

$300 and you get a 10" infinity subwoofer with an amplifier in an enclosure. Infinity subs are superb sounding, and for $300 this is probably the best all-in-one sub/amp system, especially value for money.
Best of all: the Infinity isnt ghetto-nasty. It isn't tacky. It isnt something people laugh at.

even this would be so much more respectable and still only $250:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Gtm4faq...00&I=113KSCWD2

Also consider that your signal wires, wiring for power and ground, and spare fuses/etc will probably cost you at least $20 - $60 depending on quality. I have already spent well over $100 on wires and wire terminals alone in my car!

yea i was lookin to that infinity while i was buying my speakers from crutchfield..... i just want to hear subs/amp first before i buy it. ill go check out circuit city later this week. thanks and sorry about the threads. like i said my pc crashes everytime i post... soo i dunno if i posted or not...
Old 02-21-2006

lol its ok just making sure you were competant. lol.
anyway I cannot recommend enough saving up to get the infinity over the dub. its going to be a little less bassy, but SO SO much clearer. Your music as a whole will be filled in excellently.
Old 02-21-2006
Banned

i got the basslink for around $230 from millionbuy.com..... they got some good stuff for cheap.. check it outt
Old 02-21-2006
Banned

is there any other companies withthe self amplified sub out therre..... i like that concept cause my rents hate when i put stuff into the car... with this they wont even know ahah
Old 02-21-2006

if you actually purchased it... good!
I am glad you got a quality product instead of a crap product.
Like I said, it won't be booming loud, but its going to be very good at filling in the lows just enough to make the audio experience much better. Tell us when you get it and how you like it!
Old 02-21-2006
Banned

i didnt purchase it yet cause there is like 3 different kinds. i dunno which one haah.... i want something that thumps not earth shaking....... if you ever been in a car with bose.... something like that..... know what i mean.. cause my brother has a 04 TL.... sound is nice with a thump
Old 02-21-2006

there is a decent kenwood, that is cheaper than the infinity but also not as nice. Infinity also has an upgraded model of the baslink, the baslink II, which is a little more expensive but offeres some small new touches. Alpine has a crazy new thing but its really expensive. Lastly, the bass tubes are garbage and should be avoided at all costs!

There are a bunch more. Check them out here:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5feSlw1...?g=51000&avf=N
(crutchfield has a good selection so thats why I always point there. i dont work for them or anything haha)
Old 02-21-2006
Banned

that alpine is crazy but not spendin $600... soo cheapest i got for the infinity is $175..... not bad right????
Old 02-21-2006

thats an excellent price for any, especially an infinity, 10" sub with an amp and with an enclosure.
Old 02-21-2006
Banned

word....... thanks alot man..... i saw it at circuit cityy... soo ill buy it from therre and let you know how it goes and will surely post pics....
Old 02-21-2006

welcome. glad I could help. listen to it if they have one out just to make sure its gunna be enough.
Old 02-21-2006
Banned

what if i get 2 of those infinity's would it be worth it rather than upgradin in the future???? and also what gauge wire is suitable for just one or two??

Last edited by djrabbi; 02-21-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-21-2006

I wouldnt go 2 standalone ones. If thats the plan get 2 subs, a seperate box, and a seperate amp. If you really want big bang and sound quality get a set of enclosed subs, and an appropriate amp.

From experience, owning 2 different sub systems in my civic, its MUCH cheaper to save up and get everything all at once. Don't upgrade later, it just costs more!

What is your budget?
Old 02-21-2006
Banned

around 400....... soo the infinity fits in.... what gauge should i get....

Last edited by djrabbi; 02-21-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-21-2006

Ok if you want the infinity, you will also need some other stuff. here is what you can buy, and have everything you need.

Infinity Basslink:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5feSlw1...0&I=108BASSLIN

Wiring kit:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5feSlw1...11&I=575CP10PI
or something similiar.

For the basslink you want 10 gauge wire (pretty small), and you need a signal wire (aka patch cable)

So free shipping from crutchfield and it looks like $330 total from them. If you have the money get it from them as their tech support and return policy is absolutly amazing.
Old 02-21-2006

Like I said before this wont break the windows, but it should be enough to make the music balanced and you might even feel it a tiny bit.
Old 02-21-2006
Banned

yeaa i think im gonna get it from the other place cause its like $100 cheaper when i can also get everything done wit installation for about $350
Old 02-21-2006

Cool. Anyway one last thing I must warn you about. Please take this very serious. You have to break in the sub. So keep it at about 1/3 to 1/2 volume for about a week. I know it will suck, but this helps the speaker break in properly. If you just blast it the sub will not sound as good or last as long as a broken in one.
So just try to play it alot at lower volumes for a few days.

Quick Reply: Sound System