I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

car alarm malfunctioning

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
619_Cb9 is an unknown quantity at this point
car alarm malfunctioning

yesterday when i went to unlock my car, the alarm beeped like it normally does when it disarms but the locks wouldnt unlock...so i had to unlock my doors manually with the key...but then when i went to start my car, it wouldn't start (security feature) and the alarm started going off and wouldnt stop...everytime i tried to turn off the alarm it would start over...i ended up just disconnecting my battery...i checked my car to see if anyone tried to break in and tamper with it or something, nothing though...its an audiovox ax900...i got it installed at best buy so im guessing just go back there and raise hell...but i need to disconnect my alarm so i can actually drive it? any suggestions? i have no clue when it comes to wiring car alarms
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

wheamahm0n3yat is an unknown quantity at this point
i say just bring it back to best buy and let them fix it. most places i seen always do a half a$$ job and making you having to come back and wait for them to fix it. then they take their precious time too. well... first you should call them and make a appointment, because they going to tell you that they are booked and have to schedule you at a different time.
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

oh yeah.... dont try to mess with the alarm.... because they are going to want to void your warrenty. i believe its a lifetime warrenty on the installation.
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

i cant start my car though, and once i reconnect the battery the alarm will go off...and **** towing it in, why should i pay to tow it in when im not the one who ****ed it up

Last edited by 619_Cb9; 09-19-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

sivlercivic02cc is an unknown quantity at this point
alarm

I had something like that happen to me. It happend right after there was a huge storm, apparently the "brain" of the alarm was drenched in water. Not sure if that is the case here, but it was just shorting out the alarm. You chould be able to disconnect the alarm from the battery and then start the car.
Old 09-19-2005
EK Hatch

Ser1N is an unknown quantity at this point
Best buy sucks at doing anything, i have had to bring my car to get my alarm worked on 3 times now. Now i must bring it in again ( lights do not blink ever when alarm is set or goes off) viper alarm.
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
Originally Posted by Ser1N
Best buy sucks at doing anything, i have had to bring my car to get my alarm worked on 3 times now. Now i must bring it in again ( lights do not blink ever when alarm is set or goes off) viper alarm.

not all BB' suck at installing. All of the stores are supposed to have MECP installers (I used to work there). there is a lifetime warrenty on install.

disconnect the alarm so u r able to drive it then just tell them what happened and they will have to fix it for free (labor) but if a part is damaged then u'll have to pay for the part.

My guess is that its a door trigger solienoid. (makes the door lock go up and down) which case would not b their fault cuz that a manufactuers thing and they dont mess with it during an install like this. U would need to bring to to ur honda dealership and get a new one.

send me a PM if u need anymore help and for an updat once u get this thing fixed
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
Oh and call ahead. they r usually pretty busy because of all the people who r to lazy to install their own CD players
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

cool good lookin...well i already made my appointment but i have a friend who worked there for a while and he's comin over to look at it...how do i disconnect the alarm?
Old 09-19-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 619_Cb9
cool good lookin...well i already made my appointment but i have a friend who worked there for a while and he's comin over to look at it...how do i disconnect the alarm?

most of the time they put the brain under the steering wheel where your legs be at.... open up the bottom plastic where it has a turning **** and you should see the brain under there. its like a square rectangular looking box and it should have about 2 or 3 fuse running to it.