I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Which and how many Line Out Converters(LOC) do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005
Bushido

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrWong is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Which and how many Line Out Converters(LOC) do I need?

I am figuring out what components I need to hook up a stock HU to a two channel amp that is hooked up to a sub and a 4 channel amp that is hooked up to the front and rear speakers.

There is a capacitor hooked up as well.

I read that you need a Line Out Converter (LOC). Which LOCs and how many LOCs do I need for this type of setup?

For example are there different types LOCs that allow you to wire in a 2 channel amp and a 4 channel amp at the same time?

Right now everything is tied into a aftermarket headunit.

Reason for going back to stock is I do not feel like taking my faceplate everywhere I go. It is getting to be a pain is the a$$.

Any suggestions is helpful...
Old 09-14-2005
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
why do u hve to take the faeplate out everywhere u go ??
can't you just leave it on?

also doing that u will not get clear sound and bass.....
Old 09-14-2005
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

nick_95673 is an unknown quantity at this point
for real you are a tard for doing this! but you need 2 line out converters. one for front one for rear and subs. then put a rca 1 male 2 female splitter on the rear one.
Old 09-14-2005
Bushido

I know what you guys are saying...but there have been recent problems with theft on the car.

Any other responses out there?
Old 09-14-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Line out convertors, when using the right one, will deliver just as good of quality sound as an aftermarket unit. You'll need one, and a set of RCA splitters. It splits the signal and gives you two sets of RCA's. If your amp has RCA line outs, you need no RCA splitters. Just run a set to amp with teh line out RCA's and run a set of RCA's from the output on that amp to the input on the other amp. I'd recommend going with JL Audio Cleansweep LOC if it's affordable. Try to find one on Ebay as retail is around $300. Phoenix Gold and Audio Control offer quality LOC's as well, but I can't remember their model numbers. here are two current Ebay auctions I found a minute ago:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...eep&category0=
Old 09-14-2005
Bushido

Ok so i figured out what connections i have on my amps.

The four channel amp has two sets of high level inputs, so all i need is to buy these connectors and wire them up to my speaker.

This amp is a Rockford Punch series model 500X, yes it is an older model from 2 years ago. It also has a pass through connection, would I be able to hook up my 2 channel amp to this pass through connection?

The 2 channel amp does not have high level inputs, this amp is only used for my sub. I have 2 options.

1) Use a LOC
2) Hook it up to the Pass Through connection on the 4 Channel amp. (I am not sure if this is do able or not)

Your opinons?
Old 09-14-2005
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
that'll work just fine. Hook up the pass through rca's to the input on the 2 channel amp, set the LP filter and it'll work great
Old 09-16-2005
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
I recently installed one of the JL Audio Cleansweeps... I'm not sure if it's worth the money or not but it was definitely noticeable. I guess if I was truely intending in keeping a stock headunit, I'd invest in it now that I know what it sounds like. Just a little fyi for Mrwong in case he decides to go that route.
Old 09-17-2005
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by darklegacy540
I recently installed one of the JL Audio Cleansweeps... I'm not sure if it's worth the money or not but it was definitely noticeable. I guess if I was truely intending in keeping a stock headunit, I'd invest in it now that I know what it sounds like. Just a little fyi for Mrwong in case he decides to go that route.
sorry to hijack the thread, but what kind of car did you install it on. I've been reading some articles about it and the unit looks pretty nice. It seems like overkill for a civic. There's really no sound processing that the stock head unit does that needs to be overcome by the JL unit
Old 09-17-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
The Cleansweep level matches and corrects the frequency response. It eliminates the equalization problems. It also converts teh input to digital 24-bit audio. It's DSP equalizes the 4 channels with a 30 band EQ. And, they provide a calibration CD that you put in the OEM cd player, set the volume between 1/2 and 2/3 and let the Cleansweep calibrate itself.

Another option that may be a tad less expensive (as I found it when looking for something else)is the Audio Control LC6. It doesn't do them quite as well, but it does the same things the JL does.