I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Post pics of your trunk w/ subs, amps and whatever! PART II`

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
no way, the grey matches the sides. looks great.
Old 09-07-2005
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
thankx rabbit
Old 09-07-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Jay, you could do black in the truck and gray (not grey) in the front to match.
Old 09-07-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
seats* and how come you have ur seats down alot? i could understand at shows but just drivin around? lol just odd to me.
Old 09-07-2005
Banned

01redJDM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by phuviano
Here's mine nothing complicated, but it does the job. btw, before anyone asks "why is my car only running at 12.4 volts". The car is off

nice setup, did u make the box? I have the same sub btw, its awesome.
Old 09-07-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
seats* and how come you have ur seats down alot? i could understand at shows but just drivin around? lol just odd to me.
i work open to close...from 10:00 am to 10:00pm....at night it lights up looks cool and amp gets air(to cool down amp)...i just leave the seats like that unless some one seatting in back...which happens only on sundy..
Old 09-07-2005
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 01redJDM
nice setup, did u make the box? I have the same sub btw, its awesome.
Thanks, I didn't make the box. I got the box from Xscargo. Have you heard of them?? There are several locations in the the gta.

Originally the port on the box was put on poorly. The port is 2 pieces, and one part fell off inside the box, and was making a funny sound. I had to take the port out and I used Goop to glue it together.

Port is now secure, and has not even come loose one bit.
Old 09-07-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold

nothing special, but i have plans..........
Old 09-07-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by phuviano
Thanks, I didn't make the box. I got the box from Xscargo. Have you heard of them?? There are several locations in the the gta.

Originally the port on the box was put on poorly. The port is 2 pieces, and one part fell off inside the box, and was making a funny sound. I had to take the port out and I used Goop to glue it together.

Port is now secure, and has not even come loose one bit.
hmm, haven't heard of them. I'm going to use the dimensions that infiniti recomends to make a box, & I'm gonna angle the back so it fits perfectly behind the seats & then I'll secure it using L brackets to the MDF floor I've made. heres wut I have so far:

& I need to redo the wiring too

oh & BTW are those amps just hanging off the carpet behind the seats in ur setup??

as far as I know there is nothing to put the screws in behind the seats.
Old 09-07-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
HOLY SH*T that is a rats nest, is that a RF amp i see in the right of the pic, i used to have a couple of those. They were nice, but they shut of without a fan which was the bad thing.
Old 09-07-2005
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
for mounting on the back of the seats, if you unzip the fabric on the back of the seat, there's enough room to slide in a piece of wood to mount your equipment to.
Old 09-07-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by drew22mader
HOLY SH*T that is a rats nest, is that a RF amp i see in the right of the pic, i used to have a couple of those. They were nice, but they shut of without a fan which was the bad thing.
I can't complain since I got it for free from my buddy.

Kinda not enough juice for my Kappa Perfects so it heats up alot & I have to keep that part of the seat folded down for it to cool off. Good amp otherwise
Old 09-07-2005

yea its a good amp, it got hot for me too, and it would shut off, pain in the ***.
Old 09-07-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Decided to go back to the plain old setup with top lit leds.

Old 09-08-2005
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gearbox
Decided to go back to the plain old setup with top lit leds.

Very clean gearbox.

Take some pics of the whole setup in the day, so we can see what the whole setup looks like.

I think that if you somehow put an LED below the Alpine Logo, it would look much nicer. Just a thought.

Setup is nice and clean.

Last edited by phuviano; 09-08-2005 at 12:34 AM.
Old 09-08-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
thanks. I'll take a day pic tomorrow. Its just the amp there and some plexi, with an alpine sticker. like i said very basic. I had neons on each side and was gonna try EL stuff, but it wasn't working out. At least there is something showing now.
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

looking nice gearbox.....
Old 09-08-2005
Registered!!

Pitch_BlacK is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok here is the finished pic of my trunk setup. Finally finished it a couple of days ago. I know its not as clean as the others but Its my first time to have a setup.

Old 09-08-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Pitch_BlacK
Ok here is the finished pic of my trunk setup. Finally finished it a couple of days ago. I know its not as clean as the others but Its my first time to have a setup.

pretty damn good and clean if you ask me!
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by diskreet
pretty damn good and clean if you ask me!
Thanks diskreet!
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
oh my. first the useless good criticism. looks like you spent time and effort making the wires clean. forks, loom, etc. thtas great.

but man, the wire runs!

but lets see if I can make myself useful. I think you can fix the issues, and combined with the effort youve already put in (especially those forks) you can make it look REALLY sharp.

I assume youve got them run on the surface to avoid cutting the carpet. dont worry about it! if you ever take it out, the slits shouldnt show very much after you smooth them over.

anyways, youll find you can unpin the seat covers down low. you should be able to get the wires in the corners of each of the seats, get them under the grey carpet. unpinning them will make running the wire easier. when you are done you can repin the seats, and none is the wiser.

you can pull off the amp, and make a single slit in the carpet right in the middle of where the amp sits. from there you can pull all the amp wires through, and screw the amp back down onto those wires. rather than runnign up the seat, noone will ever see them. they will just run immediately under the amp, then they dissapear into the car, not to be seen

as for the crossovers, I would probably make the cuts a quarter inch below the ends of the blue fork terminal shields. you can run the wires up into the seat, poke them through just under the crossover, and reconnect.

itll make everything just look that much sharper. when you see the equipment pop, itll be REALLY impressive. (especially if you can smooth out the bumps in the carpet made by the wires)

the little things like that turn your rear seat into something the kids say "yeah, everyone puts stuff on the back seats" to "wow, that looks amazing!"

you are 90% there, just top it off, and youve got something SUPER nice!
Old 09-09-2005

Here ya go boys, its not done yet, still needs paint and the amps need to be painted and some leds under the amps. Let me know what you think. Still needs some sanding, and stuff but it will be complete by Thursday for me to leave on Friday for Nopi. Its all being painted Rallye Red and the amps are being painted, not sure what color and back lighted with leds.

Last edited by drew22mader; 09-09-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit
oh my. first the useless good criticism. looks like you spent time and effort making the wires clean. forks, loom, etc. thtas great.

but man, the wire runs!

but lets see if I can make myself useful. I think you can fix the issues, and combined with the effort youve already put in (especially those forks) you can make it look REALLY sharp.

I assume youve got them run on the surface to avoid cutting the carpet. dont worry about it! if you ever take it out, the slits shouldnt show very much after you smooth them over.

anyways, youll find you can unpin the seat covers down low. you should be able to get the wires in the corners of each of the seats, get them under the grey carpet. unpinning them will make running the wire easier. when you are done you can repin the seats, and none is the wiser.

you can pull off the amp, and make a single slit in the carpet right in the middle of where the amp sits. from there you can pull all the amp wires through, and screw the amp back down onto those wires. rather than runnign up the seat, noone will ever see them. they will just run immediately under the amp, then they dissapear into the car, not to be seen

as for the crossovers, I would probably make the cuts a quarter inch below the ends of the blue fork terminal shields. you can run the wires up into the seat, poke them through just under the crossover, and reconnect.

itll make everything just look that much sharper. when you see the equipment pop, itll be REALLY impressive. (especially if you can smooth out the bumps in the carpet made by the wires)

the little things like that turn your rear seat into something the kids say "yeah, everyone puts stuff on the back seats" to "wow, that looks amazing!"

you are 90% there, just top it off, and youve got something SUPER nice!

Is this what you're talkin' about whiterabbit?
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

do you get engine noice with that rca cables ?????

Last edited by jay78; 09-09-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

yep! thats exactly what itd look like!
Old 09-09-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jay78
do you get engine noice with that rca cables ?????
No man I haven't heard any engine noise from the rca cables.
Old 09-10-2005
Premium Member

Well here's mine again sorry. I changed the alpine part by taking off the carpet underneath. I put some carpet on the bottom so it kinda looks open but you can see to the bottom. Also looks cooler at night I'll try and get day pics tomorrow.

Old 09-10-2005

Where exactly is the light coming from Gearbox? And what kind of lighting is it? Leds, neon? I might do leds under my amps for backlighting, nothing to major. Change my trunk out above /\/\/\. My box isn't finished yet though, still needs paint, and the amps need to be painted.
Old 09-11-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
when i finally finish my system i want it to look like that

Old 09-11-2005

Wow very very nice!! I'm loving the hidden wires now. Makes it look a hell of alot cleaner, to bad your amp doesn't have end caps like mine, no wire show with mine. But it still looks very good!

Quick Reply: Post pics of your trunk w/ subs, amps and whatever! PART II`