I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Omnifi (rockford fosgate) DMP1 car audio

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
Omnifi (rockford fosgate) DMP1 car audio

anyone know anything about this? is it any good?

The DMP1 Mobile installs wherever you’d put a car CD changer, and wirelessly loads up to 20GB of music from your PC. The auto sync feature lets it fetch the content you want while it’s in your garage and you’re asleep in bed. You’ll hit the highway every morning fully stocked with enough tunes, news, or audiobooks to turn even the most stressful commute into one big Calgon moment. The USB-equipped removable HDD (20 gigs, remember?) can shuttle data between home and work, including your own copies of a friend’s killer collection of audio files (ask your lawyer first, heh heh). The user interface is exactly the same as the DMS1. And it’s crafted of durable heat-resistant plastic, so on hot afternoons you won’t find a grey puddle where your DMP1 used to be.

For those deprived urchins among us who don’t have Cat-5 cable running out to our garages, the included USB-to-WiFi internet adapters make the whole thing work. The DWL-121 WiFi Adapter for car use and the home-use DWL-120R were both made by D-Link especially for Omnifi. Finally, the included SimpleCenter software does all the things you expect from a topflight audio management system: quickly and reliably rips tracks from CD to MP3, and sizes up your media and labels it with all the relevant discographical info.
Old 07-08-2005

alex053 will become famous soon enough
i had it. its good but you need the space to mount the display in your car. wireless costs extra but you can just use a usb cable to sync it up. its a real nice 3 line display and is easy to navigate. the simple center software does a good job organizing it all to. they also make a home unit (that i also have) that uses the same software and you can listen to all your mp3s on your home system

for the $120 i have seen it for on ebay its worth it.
Old 07-08-2005

alex053 will become famous soon enough
this was in the building stage.

Old 07-08-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
yeah, the car and home theater bundle is on woot.com for $199.99 + $5 S/H. just in case someone is interested.
Old 07-08-2005
I am your Mom's Hero!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

KnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really niceKnocturnalEM2 is just really nice
Now, if Alpine made one that hooked into any Alpine AI Net Port that would rock!!