I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

opinions on JVC KD AVX1

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
opinions on JVC KD AVX1

Ok....so i KNOW its a JVC...but its the only affordable unit (i don't wanna spend 1,000+) that will allow me to use my in dash monitor. you may have read in one of the countless threads i've started about this....i have no video going to my indash. i know i can just put in a ps2...but i want cd text (track number, play time, clock etc ) on my monitor too this way i can use it more than just when im watching a DVD.

anyways, this JVC can do what i want. it will display all the cd text while listening to an audio cd on my in dash monitor. also, i can have a ps2 hooked up to it and play the game while listening to an audio cd. these are the 2 features that i have specifically been looking for. i've never had a JVC unit..and i know that they're aren't highest on the 'best brands' list...but so far this is the only unit that does what i need.

anybody have any opinions on this JVC? or (this is the 982971340th time i've asked, lol) anybody have any ideas of what else i can do to incorporate my in dash with a head units' display????

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?...vx1&svbname=30

thanks for the input and help guys!!!
Old 06-28-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
The stats look pretty decent except that it only has a 3" screen. I think that Sony makes on just like that for $400-500...
Old 06-28-2005

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
word..i have that sony! Im selling it if you know anybody who wants to buy it. 360.00 shipped! it goes for 499.00+shipping in stores. btw - its BRAND NEW!

The reason i am looking into this one is because it, 1 can play DVD's, 2 it will show its display on my in dash screen, 3 you can use it with a ps2 while listening to an audio cd.

The sony didn't do anything but allow you to watch dvd's on it. it was cool - but cool like a novelty item, like a toy. this JVC screen you can actually see stuff cuz its square not rectangular. and theres no video output for a second screen on the sony.

really my main concern is getting some sort of display, other than watching a DVD, on my indash screen. and this JVC is the only thing i have found that will do it for a reasonable price.

im scared though cuz i don't want it to skip cds or it to fall apart or something, haha, i dunno much about JVC...other than i've always tried to stay away from them.
Old 06-28-2005

any other opinions on JVC?????
Old 06-28-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
I've never had ANY problems with JVC head units and I have owned 3. I have heard that they are problematic, but I will only give my opinion based on personal experience, and that is that they are good performing units for the money.

That being said, I know a guy who has the JVC that you are looking at, and I think it is pretty snazzy. Does DVD audio as well as a whole bunch of other cool junk. The guy I know who has one competes in SQ in a Pro catergory with it if that helps sway your decision even more.
Old 06-28-2005

it does! i appreciate the input!!! it seemed like a sweet deck when i saw it yesterday, i just wanted to do a little homework on it first. AND...hahahahaha, the guy tried to sell it to me for 799.99!!
Old 06-28-2005
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
that is a little steep lol, I can't remember how much I saw it for on crutchfield, but definitely helluva lot cheaper than that!!
Old 06-28-2005

yeah! if you search on pricegrabber.com you can find it for 419.00 shipped!! but thats from a site with not-so-good rep. you can find it for like 435 from a good site off of pricegrabber. lol that guy is crazy..pshh..800?! lol
Old 06-28-2005
Registered!!

Kyle23 should not be trustedKyle23 should not be trusted
I used to sell JVC all the time at Best Buy and to tell u the truth, once u got into the midrage/priced items the quality dramatically increased. Anthing over like 225 usually worked really well and was more reliable then Pioneer(they were always coming back with the service plans after like 1 year...) that deck should be dope as hell but just remember that it's only 3". So make sure that you can see it well enough that u will b happy with it. U should be able to cuz ur like 2 feet away from the deck... post a pic when u got it installed!
Old 06-29-2005
Registered!!

Bires is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Manthatguysfast
any other opinions on JVC?????
I've been using a JVC HU for the past four years and it's great. I can't really talk to sound quality from it's internal amp, since I amp all my speakers, but it's been a great unit, skip proof, heat proof, with a great display.
Old 06-29-2005

right on. I think ive made the decision to buy this one! thanks for the input
Old 08-24-2005

just an update...

i did end up getting this unit...and so far im diggin it a LOT! its really really easy to use compared to the sony i had. the display is really really nice and the screen looks very clear when playing DVDs. the only thing i wish it had is more background animations. it pretty much just displays the cd text, time and play time. the video it outputs to my indash screen while playing an audio cd is a the playlist, track time and cd info (artist, album etc.) its a big improvement from before..seeing as i had no display at all on the indash. i wish it had some kind of digital spectrum analyzer or some kind of animation...but this will do.

i haven't had much time to mess around with the EQ yet because the morning after i got everything installed my component amp went out. i ordered a new one and it'll be here tomorrow. i can tell a bit of a difference without sony's DSO feature...that really really helped the sound out a lot...but im sure when i tune this EQ it will sound good too.

my favorite feature is the 4 different angles you can use....since i have it relocated to above the cup holders - angle 4 is perfect!

overall im really impressed with this unit
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
We carry those at work and I've installed 100000000 of them probably.. they're our most popular monitor that we sell and everyone loves them.
My opinions: I like how you can change the angle.. very convienent for applications such as yours,) I like the very very clean picture.. definitely not bad considering how cheap in price the unit is. The buttons are all in plain view.. nothing is hard to find. I like the dual zone capability. Dislikes: I don't recall the exact figures but I know the non-fader doesn't have very many positions.. it's either, loud.. or not loud. Also, I've also noticed that sometimes when you press a button, it takes a second for it to actually go. I find that rather annoying. I don't like how in order to get to a menu, you have to use that left, right up, down, controls.. it makes it that much harder to access something while you're driving.. well then again, you shouldn't be doing anything like that while you're driving but hey.. i know we're all guilty of messing around with our head units while we're out cruising around... That's my 2 cents, and Manthatguysfast, enjoy lol
Old 08-24-2005

don't know what ya mean about the fader..mine works just fine. it shows a pic of 4 seats then has crossbars that you can move the position around. its pretty easy. also, mine hasn't had any lag yet! hopefully it wont! and the menu is SO much easier to use than the old Sony i had.

and yeah..on sunday when i was on my way out to the mountains for some pics my amp went out - but i thought it was a loose connection behind the radio....so i had my girl who was in the passenger seat hold the wheel while i pulled off the consel piece (where the A/C controls are) and i was back behind it messing around with the wires lol - so yeah im definitely guilty of driving while messing with the system haha
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

inFiniTE LooP is an unknown quantity at this point
i too just got this installed over the weekend. here are two useful links to other threads' discussions about it for anyone else that might be interested:

(thread i started )
http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/n...oday.3237.html

(thread that convinced me to buy it )
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showt...4&page=1&pp=15
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
I wasn't talking about the balance/fader, I was talking about the nonfader lol
Old 08-24-2005

what the hell is the nonfader? lol
Old 08-24-2005
Banned

non fader is the sub preout
Old 08-24-2005
Registered!!

kickercivic1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Manthatguysfast
what the hell is the nonfader? lol
Answer my PM