I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Best all around sub?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barney should not be trustedBarney should not be trustedBarney should not be trusted
Best all around sub?

I am more into the performance aspect and am not to familiar with the audio. I understand how all of it works, but I am trying to find the best of the best.

What is the best subwoofers to buy?

I have been told MTX RFL152 15 inch subs, also memphis car audio ...somthings. They are big mother****ers, also ma audio 18 inch 5000 rms 10,000 max kore series.

I am not on a budget, and I want the best. If someone could give me there info on what is the best or think is the best I would appreciate it.
Old 04-23-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
are you going for spl or sq?
Old 04-23-2005
wut time is it now

2slow2run is an unknown quantity at this point
y not go JL audio?
well if im not on a budget either id' go all out jL
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

Barney should not be trustedBarney should not be trustedBarney should not be trusted
I want quality and loudness. I want the best all around. Well actually, i want the loudest speaker there is.
Old 04-23-2005
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
very subjective...but, i don't think you can go wrong with a JL W7
Old 04-23-2005
wut time is it now

Originally Posted by fonto
very subjective...but, i don't think you can go wrong with a JL W7
its true..u cant go wrong
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

What about MTX RFL152 Link: http://www.dealtime.com/xFS?KW=rfl&F...woofers&FD=422

What about MA AUDIO Kore Link: http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Ma_Audio_Kore_18

What about Memphis car audio Link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5769562858

What size should I go with. !2's 15's or 18's for the loudest most bass?

How many of what size? 4 12's, 2 15's, 4 15's or what?
Old 04-23-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
You're not going to get 4 15's in a civic and give them the airspace that the majority of them would need.

Why not go with an Adire Parthenon, since you're not on a budget?

Personally, and this is again personal preference, I'd buy a pair of 13W7's and a couple of 1000/1's.

Yet another idea is some Adire Brahmas.
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

These arn't going in a civic. In a suburban.
Old 04-23-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
You didn't say that...

I'd go with 6 13W7's in a wall, or more...
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

Are the jl's better than the adires you were just telling me about?
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

stepchild is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree JL is the way to go. Ive used the same type of JL sub(JL AUDIO 10-W6) for the past 10 years. I only have 1 and its enough for me. JL also has some excellent box designs you can download for free online. Im using the sealed enclosure and its sweet! Ill have pics of my install after my car gets out of the shop if its not totalled.
Old 04-23-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Evaluate how hardcore of subs that you actually need before you go buy something. You have no use for a sub that can take 4000W RMS. And JL ain't all that IMO.

I'll throw the PG Ti12d Elite on the table
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

I guess its the simplicity of one sub that I like but on the other hand I have 2 line amps that I used in my install, go figure.
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

Another thing I love about the JL is that enclosure is small for the suond it produces
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

Mega, what is that exactly?

I just want the loudest system around when I am done. I might not have use for 4000 watts but what will be the loudest.
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

I think that is the phoenix gold. I just looked it up.
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

this is a pic of my subwoofer control via Kicker crossover.
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

fathom7411 is an unknown quantity at this point
go with ascendant audio. they will stomp the w7. put 2 18 avalanches in that would just be disgusting. www.ascendantaudio.com
Old 04-23-2005
wut time is it now

man u guys ever heard of zeus? i heard alotta african american here put in theres
Old 04-23-2005
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 2slow2run
man u guys ever heard of zeus? i heard alotta african american here put in theres

english, muthafu(ka!!
Old 04-23-2005
wut time is it now

oi im sorry toi khong biet noi tien mi
Old 04-23-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
13w7........... if you want looks id get the 18w3 but not so practical probably
and just cus its loud doesnt mean it cant be sharp and clear (as in preference, i think)
so go with something like 12-15 inches

www.eclipse-web.com eclipse by fujitsu ten makes awsome subs i havent heard too many people talk about them but the few times i have theyve all said they are one of the BEST.
Old 04-23-2005
Registered!!

steak84ss will become famous soon enoughsteak84ss will become famous soon enough
Personally I'm a JL fan all the way. I have Kicker Comp VR 10's in my vic right now though. I have had quite a number of JL's in my past setups though. Right now I have a single 10W7 in my Integra and I think it's one of the best subs I've ever heard. Honestly, you can make just about ANY sub sound good with the propper setup. I've heard $25 subs sound damn good with the right box and amp.
Old 04-24-2005
Registered!!

fink is an unknown quantity at this point
check out the MTX Jackhammer. I actually saw one at an MTX vendor training. This suckers huge!! From what I hear, it's actually in production (or at least it will soon be).
Old 04-24-2005
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
so you're on an unlimited audio budget and you can't pay me back the cash you owe me.....thats weak bro

I honestly don't know how you can live with yourself, I'd feel like **** if I scammed someone over the net, let alone come back to the same site to ask for help.

Pay me the cash dude
Old 04-24-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
^whats the story on that one??

main reason people dislike JL audio is because they are overpriced for the money. they are top quality at some point. i dont know my audio too well, but i heard nothing but good things with JL.

are you going for compeition or is all this nice equipment going into a daily driver vehicle? 2 13" jl w7 is plently enough IMO. hooked up with an jl 1000/1 amp to each and you'd be slamming the **** out of your truck to the point where you wont be able to drive properly.

i hope you thought for your electrical system as well
Old 04-24-2005
Registered!!

fathom7411 is an unknown quantity at this point
actually the 18 avalanches are a sq/spl sub and the 15 stomps the w7 13 in every category including price. look them up and see most people that have had w7 and now have the av say they would never turn back. even AA's atlas line is better that line up is efficient as hell. but then again what would i know jl is the "king of all audio" their "ahead of the curve". heres a link to a vid of the avalanches.
http://www.woofervids.com/displayima...album=77&pos=1

Last edited by fathom7411; 04-24-2005 at 03:35 AM.
Old 04-24-2005
Registered!!

kickercivic1 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ you are on crack bro. I went thru rockford, kicker, mtx and My new JL setup dont even compare with anyone of those companies. The SQ of 12w7 is just awesome.. man Get 3 or 4 13w7 and JL 1000/1 to match each sub. You just wont be the loud, but the SQ is going to off the hook.. Oh and that vid is gay. Its just a bass track..
Old 04-24-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

The Parthenon was a joke suggestion, as that's one expensive *** driver, and it's not really practical for a car audio install.

The Brahma's would sound great, and pound as well.

Another idea I had after I left yesterday would be to see if you could still find some Earthquake Magmas from a few years ago somewhere.