I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

where to mount tweeters?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
where to mount tweeters?

I just got these nice new tweeters (Hertz Audio) and I am trying to find a place to mount them. Looks to me like they won't fit in the factory sail panel, so I am really at a loss for ideas.

I WAS kinda thinking to put them in the little cubby hole at the bottom of the door, by the speaker, kinda firing up.

Also, what do you guys use to hold your tweeters in place? These ones don't have screw hole in the back like most of the other tweeters i have
Old 03-31-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
First off, not having heard those tweeters, I'm not really sure where they'd be best. It might not be bad to put em' in the doors right next tot he handle. I am willing to bet they wouldn't sound very good, as far back from the drivers as in the door cubbys. YOu could hold it there and see how you like it, but I'd bet you won't. If you post a pic of the back of it, I would have an easier time suggesting a mounting solution. I use all different ideas depending on the car and tweeter. For instance, I recently did a set of CDT CL-61As in an 04' Civic EX. The tweets went into the sail panels, but without a screw in the back, I just simply used a hot knife to cut the little plastic key out of the tweeter pod to make a smooth hole. THen I wrapped in the tweet in soft electrical tape until the fit was tight, and popped it in.
Old 03-31-2005
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
imagnie our stock tweeters but a little deepera dn with no scrrew hole in the back, thats about the gist of it
Old 03-31-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
just a tweeter
No mounting cups?

got pix
Old 03-31-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
are these them

differnet styles here:
http://caraudiosa.co.za/catalog/default.php?cPath=48_44
Old 03-31-2005
Banned

negatory, but they are close

I think I am going to mod the stock locations and put em in with a dob of hot glue so they can be cut out later

also, does anybody know if I can get a replacement sail panel that does not have the tweeter and does not have a hole for hte manual mirror control? like a totally blank
Old 03-31-2005

J187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of lightJ187 is a glorious beacon of light
I asked because you can do so many different things depending on how the tweeter is made. For instance, there was a Boston Acoustics tweeter that had no rear scew hole but it had a little lip of plastic around the perimeter. I plastic welded an abs bar across and made a screw hole.

I think any 03 EX sail will be blank.
Old 03-31-2005
Banned

where can i find the sail panels on majestic honda???? i cant find em
Old 04-03-2005
Registered!!

civic2uner is on a distinguished road
hey man, when i was installing my kicker tweets in the stock location i had to cut out that plastic piece behind the sail panel that the screw would go through to hold on the stock tweeter, after that i did like you said and just just some hot glue, works perfect.
Old 04-03-2005
Banned

yeah i dremeled it out back there and hot glued it, i just wasnt big on ruining my stock parts but oh well they are cheap
Old 04-04-2005
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Originally Posted by J187

I think any 03 EX sail will be blank.

do you have a link to where I could get those man?? I really need them too