I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

alpine cda-9831 vs pioneer deh-p7600mp??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
k-man is an unknown quantity at this point
alpine cda-9831 vs pioneer deh-p7600mp??

which would you guys reccomend??

both are 50x4 and mp3 decks.........ive narrowed it down to these two, alpine would be better for sound quality no?
Old 12-07-2004
Proudly Canadian

Slawek is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd always take the Alpine. Much easier to use the controls without taking your eyes off the road. Pioneer decks are terrible for that, you never know where you are, as it saves the last place you've been. I know exactly where I am for each BEEP of the center button. ALPINE!!
Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the 760 model. It's a good solid model, but I think the Alpine is easier to work with. They Pioneer takes alot of adjustment to sound good, while as Alpine sounds good right out of the box.

They're both good decks, but try to think what you are looking for. They both give you the same amount of SQ, but the Pioneer takes more tinkering. I kind of like messing around with that stuff. The Pioneer has more Wow factor because of that screen though...haha. So if that matters to you at all. MP3 usage would have to go to Alpine in this case. I love the idea of searching through music without the music stopping. Pioneer can do this too, BUT you have to organize all your music into folders. Not many people do this, and with my 11 gigs of music, it took a hell of a long time.

I chose Pioneer because I thought they both had similar functions, while the Pioneer looked better. On paper, it appears that way, but certain things make the Pioneer annoying. Plus, I think I would rather have a black deck now so that it will blend in with the dash better instead of the shiny silver of the Pioneer. OEL display by Pioneer is great though since it has much more information on the screen than an Alpine.

It's up to you to decide...
Old 12-07-2004
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Alpine, if only for the 4 channel time correction that the Pioneer doesn't have
Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
As Slawek said, having that center push button is very very handy. I personally am not an Alpine HU fan, they are good decks and very very user friendly where as the pioneer does take a lot more screwing around to get what you want.
Old 12-08-2004
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
I thought the Pioneer was much more intuitive. Playing with the Apline in the store I couldn't find half the menu options. On the Pioneer they were right there (after I figured out how it worked).

It is true, at least for my Pioneer (860), that it takes a while to get it to sound good. When it was first installed it sounded like a cheap generic stereo. After I got the EQ and a few other things set up properly, tho, it sounds AWESOME! I like messing with that stuff, tho. If you don't, you might find this annoying.
Old 12-08-2004
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
alpine!
Old 12-08-2004
Proudly Canadian

Slawek is an unknown quantity at this point
the time correction is such an incredible feature.. plus you can go to alpine's site and punch in numbers as to where your speakers are located, what type of setup you have, etc, and it will tell you how to set up the parameters for the best sound solution for your car and deck. Great innovation. GOoooooooOOoOOoo Alpine! My deck is Black w/blue lights, not silver (9815 model)
Old 12-08-2004
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
alpine and that is the one i will hopefully be getting for christman * wish wish* so i can tell you after how i like it
Old 12-08-2004
Registered!!

k-man is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Slawek
the time correction is such an incredible feature.. plus you can go to alpine's site and punch in numbers as to where your speakers are located, what type of setup you have, etc, and it will tell you how to set up the parameters for the best sound solution for your car and deck. Great innovation. GOoooooooOOoOOoo Alpine! My deck is Black w/blue lights, not silver (9815 model)

cool thanks for the help guys

slawek: isnt the 9815 a higher model than the 9831??
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

duyaknow is an unknown quantity at this point
9815 is last years top of the line model. So it will probably have more functions like that online configuration stuff. The equiv of the 9815 would be the 9833 this year. The 9835 adds the biolite display, which is really nice IMO.
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

vipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trustedvipergtsr should not be trusted
I have had alpine and eclipse HU's. I have sold everything. I would never go back to anything other than an ALPINE!!! I have the 9835. I love it. The biolite display is so easy to see even in direct sunlight. Everything about the Alpine is bulletproof. In my opinion they make the most solid HU's in the regular retail market. The eclipse's are very nice too but they are always behind the times in production and R&D. Alpine is a pioneer most of the time. Always on the cutting edge. They focus on functionality and useability. IMHO take the ALPINE!!!!