I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

pioneer avic-n1

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
pioneer avic-n1

does anyone have the pioneer avicn1? if so how do you like it, id be interested in some comments about it.
Old 09-02-2004
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
They are sick.... plain sick... nuff said
Old 09-02-2004

NoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enoughNoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enough
thanks for posting this before me - I want one, but unfortunately in order for me to afford it, I have to have it installed with the e-brake hookup. Is this hookup reversible once done? I saw in an earlier thread that grounding the parking brake wire will fool a system into thinking the connection is made...is this still true post-install?
Old 09-02-2004
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
yeah, just unhook it from the parking brake wire and reground it to a regular ground and thats it.
Old 09-02-2004
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Why not just DIY in the first place?
Old 09-03-2004

NoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enoughNoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
Why not just DIY in the first place?
I'm mechanically disinclined.
Old 09-04-2004
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
The n1 is sick but a few things that are holding me back

1. Even though you can take the face plate off, the acual deck could be sought after by theifs, seeing as how it has gps and what not and getting another face plate isn't impossible.
2. GPS is awesome, but how often do you really not know where you are? Sure it may find some nicer short cuts but is it really worth 2 k?
3. DVD, its great, but your driving and it really isnt safe to be watching. How often would you really watch a movie in your car.

Last edited by AggressiveAdam; 09-05-2004 at 03:05 AM.
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

Dlmille is an unknown quantity at this point
First post, I love the AVIV-N1, I have had it since the day my store received shipment of them. $1300 on my discount makes it very affordable. Hooking it up was a breaze and as for the e-brake, I would just a put toggle switch inline of the e-brake so you can switch the screen on or off, regardless if the e-brake is engaged. Hide the switch so if you get pulled over, it's not visable. All in all, it's been a great product and I have yet to become lost again. Cd/DVD quality is good for as much product they give you in the total package. Be aware, the AVIC-NX, version two is due out in march 05!
Old 12-09-2004

cordeez should not be trustedcordeez should not be trustedcordeez should not be trustedcordeez should not be trustedcordeez should not be trustedcordeez should not be trustedcordeez should not be trustedcordeez should not be trustedcordeez should not be trustedcordeez should not be trustedcordeez should not be trusted
thats HOT
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

vietfob714 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow.. i was ready to go get it too... how do you know the new one is in march? Can u give me a link? Thx
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
hopefully version 2 will play dvd/mp3's
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

darklegacy540 is on a distinguished road
The N1 is made more for navi and car theater.. I think I would consider something else if I was looking for more a dvd/cd HU.

And the Navigation is nice if you go on road trips.. I usually go on at least one every year. This year I went to Florida, last year I went to Texas, and the year before that, i went to Arizona and I wish I would of had a navigation system.

No, if you're a smart driver, you can easily have a dvd player in your car and still be able to pay attention to the road. It's more or less being able to "listen" to the movie and maybe a quick glance down every now and then if you're on highway.. It's still not the safest thing but as long as you're responsible with it, no worries.
Old 12-09-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
There was a post about this a while back. The maps are outdated, the unit runs loud especially when running the nav discs, etc.
Old 12-12-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by darklegacy540
No, if you're a smart driver, you can easily have a dvd player in your car and still be able to pay attention to the road. It's more or less being able to "listen" to the movie and maybe a quick glance down every now and then if you're on highway.. It's still not the safest thing but as long as you're responsible with it, no worries.

problem is everyone thinks there a smart driver. A movie even if a quick glance could cost you your life. Head units can do the same, especially with OEL screens and millions of features, however a good scene in a movie, lets say your favorite actress showin her goodies, you take a quick look because your smart and the guy infront of you slams on his brakes. Welcome to rear-end ville population you!

eventually ill probably get the n2 if it plays mp3/dvd's but was pondering myself weather or not to bypass the in car movie feature, it would be good for passengers, but where I could see it as a real distraction is long night drives, I love a dark cabin, so much easier on your eyes.

one big thing about this deck is it doesnt play mp3/dvd's you got technology for both why not be able to process mp3's off a dvd?
Old 12-14-2004
Registered!!

Dlmille is an unknown quantity at this point
The new AVIC is due out sometime in March/April, launched about the same time as the original last year. I would agree that this setup is ideal for navigation not as top of the line for audio/video components but still very competitive. The fan noise is not bad at all, I honestly don't even notice it. I know the new AVIC will have the navigation feature linked with XM satelite radio like on the new Acura RL with real time traffic updates and road clsoing information, select cities only though. The AVIC-N1 does play mp3's on cd-r's or dvd media, no problems and I have been successfully playing music videos ripped to a dvd for a while now. All in all best navigation/cd/dvd/monitor you can buy for the money right now. Clarion, Kenwood, and Alpine are soon to release some great competition though!!!
Old 12-16-2004
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
i love my avic-n1. i went from an alpine cda-9815 to pioneer. Its just the best unit for the price IMO. i dunno what everyone is talking about with the whole noise thing...It runs silent in my car. Maps in my area are very much up to date. MY ONLY thing with it is having to insert the nav data all the time when i need directions, this is why i was thinking of getting a pioneer cd changer and just leaving the nav in the unit for the most part.
Old 12-16-2004
Registered!!

aznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really niceaznsensation18 is just really nice
i want one desperatly
Old 12-16-2004
.................................................. ..................

SIinthesky will become famous soon enoughSIinthesky will become famous soon enough
My brother works for Ultimate Electronics and I'm going to get the AVIC-N1 from him because he gets it direct from Pioneer. I can get it for 800.00 and the rear view camera for 80.00. Not to shabby considering it retails for 2000.00. I can't wait!!!