I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Anyone else have glare problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Anyone else have glare problems?

I recently purchased a Pioneer Premier 850, and although its an awesome head unit and I love the two face, problem is I got a huge glare problem. I can barly see the screen in the day I put a big peice of cardboard to cover the screen and works to a lame and ugly extent.

So Im thinking my options are

replace the stock deck (not a bad idea) and try and put this thing somewhere else? I eventually want to get flood lights and I love my 12v adapter, so where else could I put it?

Does anyone know where I could find a new kit that perhaps has some sort of proper visor?

any advice?
Old 08-22-2004
Registered!!

tbaleno is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe metra makes a kit with a pocket that lets you mount your hu where the pocket is and the pocket where the hu is. I believe people have found this reduces glare. I also get some glare on my hu and was considering moving it to the pocket location but I've been to lazy.
Old 08-22-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Actually, the metra kit is only a double din kit, the pocket is a universal pocket that will work with it. Two seperate pieces. It requires you iso mount the hu in the bottom area, and mount the pocket where the original HU location is. I wrote a DIY on this flip-flopping. It's called DIY Flip Flop HU/Pocket or something like that.
Old 08-22-2004
Banned
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Flip flop the deck and the pocket, problem solved. This topic has been covered a million times
Old 08-22-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I could see my pioneer 940 el display just fine in the sun with the brightness up. Now I've got it turned way down to match my dash lights so can't see anything during the day
Old 08-22-2004
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Ya, the Organic EL displays aren't supposed to be affected by the glare
Old 08-22-2004
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
Flip flop the deck and the pocket, problem solved. This topic has been covered a million times
how the hell are u suppose to do that?
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Ya, the Organic EL displays aren't supposed to be affected by the glare
ITs werid when I had my old 7500mp i would never have any glare problems ever. That got stolen so I bought this, it screen is a slightly different angle when the head unit opens

more imporaantly

Who wants to make some money making me this flip flop kit thing, I will gladly pay someone! PM me, im one lazy ****
Old 08-23-2004
Banned

It doesn't require making it only requires assembly, you gotta buy a double din kit, put a pocket on the top and your head unit on the bottom, that's all there is to it.

If you still want somebody to make it for you, ship me the whole kit, brackets, screws, pocket everything including your HU and I will assemble it but that is pointless since you can do it in 15 minutes
Old 08-23-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Here's the link to my DIY for doing this flip/flop. Takes 15 minutes if you have knowledge of installing. Longer if it's your first time.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...t=radio+pocket

If I had the points, I'd stickify it...
Old 08-23-2004

Amer786 is an unknown quantity at this point
As long as the HU is in the stock location, you will have the glare issue. I just bought the CDA-7998 (last year's model) the display is awesome and it fades as well, but not to the point where I can see anything. I can still make out the numbers. But I got an awesome deal on last year's alpine model
Old 08-23-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Amer786
As long as the HU is in the stock location, you will have the glare issue. I just bought the CDA-7998 (last year's model) the display is awesome and it fades as well, but not to the point where I can see anything. I can still make out the numbers. But I got an awesome deal on last year's alpine model
now where do I find this double dinn kit?

Woudl it be possible to put the stock deck as well as my new deck in? give it that stock look for theives?
Old 08-23-2004
Banned

Metra I believe makes one

Just find a metra dealer and find the parts for your car
Old 08-24-2004
Registered!!

Metra I believe makes one

Just find a metra dealer and find the parts for your car
Dammit I searched google for metra double dinn couldn't find anything. I dont know where to start looking for a Metra dealer especially here in canada.

Somone just please buy this for me and mail it to me, ill glaldy re-imburse them and more!
Old 08-24-2004
Electric Boogaloo...

Maybe if you'd spell it correctly you'd get some results, it's din, with one "n". Or, you could just click the search button here, and find one of the several links that provide you with places to order. There's only about 100 threads in which this is discussed.
Old 08-25-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by PopcornPlaya
Maybe if you'd spell it correctly you'd get some results, it's din, with one "n". Or, you could just click the search button here, and find one of the several links that provide you with places to order. There's only about 100 threads in which this is discussed.
yep, lame me, I called my local audio shop ordered it in for $50, meh not bad.

Thanks for the help guys, so nice to be on a bored with just fellow 7th gen owners