I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Infinity anyone??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Placebo3681 is an unknown quantity at this point
Infinity anyone??????

Anyone know how good Inifnity speakers fit in the 2k1 civic? I would like to install Kappa Perfect 6.1 and I already ahve 62.5i speakers i got for free. Anyone know for a fact that these speakers fit? Any advice would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks.

Dan
Old 10-20-2003
Bodacious Member

jwalker87 is an unknown quantity at this point
well, i know they fit. I got my car used, and the guy had Infinity's in the front and rear. They were 63.3i's in the front though. I just took them out because he blew one of the rears (blew stock one, then replaced them and blew that one too), so I didn't know what condition the others were in. Anyway, I'm 90% sure they'll fit.
Old 10-20-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
They won't fit in the door without Major modification. I have Perfect 6.1 in Q-logic kickpanels...and they Barely fit with the grill. Infact...I think the magnet hits the carpet a lil in the back.

I promise you that perfects will not fit in the door without having to cut metal on the door, plastic on the door, and using a 1 inch spacer. This is first hand info from someone who has Perfects.
Old 10-20-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
My sedan has a complete 6.1 speaker infinity sound system. The 6.5 speakers are in doors and rear deck, and I've even got separate tweeters up top. So yes, they'll fit. I'm not sure though if you're talking about the 6.5s or something else. The 6.5 speakers will fit. Coupe has 6x9 in the rear, though.
Old 10-21-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
LOL, either you are not talking about Perfect 6.1s...or someone did the installation for you and you just don't know the madifications that the installer had to do.

Originally posted by gearbox
My sedan has a complete 6.1 speaker infinity sound system. The 6.5 speakers are in doors and rear deck, and I've even got separate tweeters up top. So yes, they'll fit. I'm not sure though if you're talking about the 6.5s or something else. The 6.5 speakers will fit. Coupe has 6x9 in the rear, though.
Old 10-21-2003
Registered!!

816Buddha is an unknown quantity at this point
i got the 6.5 kappa's in the front but had to do a little modification cuz the metal ring was hittin against the speaker. in the back i got the 693i if i remember correctly. it barely fits but it rubs on the crossbars in the trunk. i dunno if that makes any sense at all. i went to the infinity website and it said that those would fit a 01 coupe so maybe you should check it out.
Old 10-21-2003
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Ahem, I installed almost all my ice and know how the entire car comes apart.
Old 10-21-2003
Bushido

MrWong is an unknown quantity at this point
if you have a coupe the 6 x 9 will not fit becasue the magnet will rub against the truck bar, unless you take out that bar they will fit. I have infinity reference series powered by a rockford 4 ch 500 X amp sounds really nice. for the sub I have a 10 inch sony xplod powered by a 2 ch 300 watt kenwood amp. sounds pretty clean very little rattle.
Old 10-21-2003
The LA Clipper

Dude, check your speakers...they are not Kappa perfects...they are probably Kappa series, which should fit pretty easily. Kappa Perfect 6.1s will not fit in the door without Major modification. Besides, Perfect 6.1s would probably sound pretty crappy in the doors. If you read the instructions for the speakers they are optimized for kick panel installation.

Originally posted by gearbox
Ahem, I installed almost all my ice and know how the entire car comes apart.
Old 10-21-2003
Premium Member

Okay, forgot to mention mine are reference series that fit fine.
Old 10-21-2003
The LA Clipper

LOL, ok...he was asking how Perfects would fit...If you give false info he might beleive it.
Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
Has anyone ever heard a basslink?
Old 10-22-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
in a store yes. what'd you wanna know about it though?
Old 04-19-2004
Super Hoser

turboslug will become famous soon enoughturboslug will become famous soon enough
http://www.infinitysystems.com/carau...t.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA692.5I'&Ser=KAP&Cat=MEL

i'm looking to install infinity kappa 692.5i 6x9's into my car and infinity says mounting depth is 3-3/16"

shouldnt that fit in the 7th gen coupe w/out hitting the trunk springs?

i currently have MTX 3way 6x9's in the car and specs say mounting depth is 3-1/4" which is more than what the infinities require

what's is the kappa's magnet diameter? maybe the magnet diamerter is larger than my MTX speakers so that's why the kappas wont fit?