I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Anyone done this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7thgencivic9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone done this?

Has anyone taken out their back seats (in a coupe) and had a subwoofer enclosure custom made to fit that area where thet back seats are? If so please post pics and any information cuz i'm thinkin bout doin it!
Old 09-06-2003
Raceway Park Track Tech.

LazyDog01 will become famous soon enoughLazyDog01 will become famous soon enough
yea one of the people from florida did this he took out his back seat. plus has two customs subs right behide driver and passenger seat..
Old 09-06-2003
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Search for pictures of WhiteRabbit's enclosure.
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

I searched on here for WhiteRabbit but couldn't find any pics at all of his enclosure...need pics pleez!

Last edited by 7thgencivic9; 09-07-2003 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2003
Welcome To Prime Time, BITCH!

GrayGhost is on a distinguished road
A friend of mine did that to her 6th gen. She put 2 15" Audiobahn's in the place of her back seat
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

Chrisman8995 is an unknown quantity at this point
ive seen it done in the hatch, looks sweet as hell, put then you have a two seater car, i need all the room in my two door
Old 09-07-2003
Registered!!

any Pics? lol...that is what i need is pics :-)
Old 09-08-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light

its an 8 cubic foot MDF box grafted onto the back. there are two struts you remove to seal it up real good, it gives the car a fair bit of bodyroll. if you are doing it for the stereo, bodyroll isnt really a concern anyways.

I chose downfiring, the two positions that "sounded" loudest in there were downfiring and firing at the rear glass, i decided downfiring would make it easier to install.

the plane load board sits right on the carpet and is bolted to the baffle via those enormous threarded rods. works darn well.

the top has a removable plug and i cna turn it into a ported box, rather than IB.

to fit the box in there I had to remove the rear sidepanels, the seats, those struts i was talkign about and rebuild the entire interior behind, only the rear deck and c pillars remained.

to GET the box in thre, both front seats had to come out, the b-pillars, the center console, basically everything but the darn carpet!
Old 09-08-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
whiterabbit
i've had the pleasure of hearing white rabbits system, though i missed a chance to see it, i was sitting in my car right behind him, i had my stero turned up fairly loud and his bass absoluty took over any cars' stero within a 5 car radius! its awesome.
Old 09-08-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
thats strange, it wasnt designed to sound any good with the doors open like that, but noone wanted to sit in it and really hear it crank, im surprised it got that loud everywhere else, just kinda sounded liek it was dissipating to me, your cars sounded louder as far as i could tell! (from the outside)
Old 09-08-2003
98% of people will die in their lifetime
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
your car dominated man, i've never seen a trunk lid bounce around like that, it was insane....do you go to sound competitions?
Old 09-08-2003
Registered!!

i used to compete SPL, but i got tired of getting trounced every show, so last show i tried SQ, and theres my little trophy. next season ill be doing SQ specific
Old 09-08-2003

alex053 will become famous soon enough
what amps and subs are those?
Old 09-08-2003
Registered!!

that is a sweet system...but i wuz thinkin of doin a fiberglass encolsure and paint it to match my interior when i get it redone...yeah but amps and subs do u got?
Old 09-08-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
painting isnt cheap by any means.... come up with a random idea, well tell you if it would work and if it would sound good
Old 09-08-2003
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
whiterabbit owns
Old 09-09-2003
Registered!!

Yeah I wuz thinking bout gettin a good size encolsure for 4 12's and 2 amps and get it figerglassed and paint it