Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

2012 Honda Civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ldgameboy is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Honda Civic SI

I was wondering if anyone could give me tips as far as beginner modifications or where to start any help I will be grateful thanks
Old 02-03-2013
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Honda Civic SI

With a k24 i'd start with the engine. Simple stuff.. Intake, exhaust, maybe a header. Tint your windows if they aren't, go darker if they are (within legal limit). Lowering is always real nice if you do it right.. If you have loads of money maybe a turbo? HID's are badass if done right. That's where I'd start anyway.
Old 02-03-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ldgameboy is an unknown quantity at this point

So I already have the tint as dark as it can go and the Headers, Intake, and lowering kit where can i take a look at some or if you have some recommendations for some can you let me know? I also want to eventually put a turbo in I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up when I do if you have any tips or sites that you know of that can help it will be greatly appreciated
Old 02-03-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Won't it void your warranty if you put aftermarket performance parts on it? I'm assuming it has one since its from 2012.
Old 02-03-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GolNat
Won't it void your warranty if you put aftermarket performance parts on it? I'm assuming it has one since its from 2012.
If it is under warranty (powertrain 5/60 in the US), you DO need to watch what you do to avoid voiding it.
Not all people in power view mods the same way, and all it takes is one bad judgement call by someone else to ruin your day.

Read my opinion here: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ml#post4631376

Does the Si use oil? If you mod much, they may not want to cover the problem. Read more here on the oil consumption:
http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/tec...23-2012-a.html

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/ex...sumption.6451/

Last edited by ezone; 02-03-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Added oil consumption stuff.