Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

Do i need struts for a new set of lowering springs???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrgufy12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Do i need struts for a new set of lowering springs???????

HEY.... I GOT A TEIN S.TECH LOWERING SPRINGS FOR MY 07 HONDA CIVIC... IT LOOKS JUST HOW I WANTED BUT I SEND THE CAR FOR AN ALIGNMENT AND THEY TOLD ME I NEED TO CHANGE THE STRUTS IF I WANT THE CAR TIRES TO LAST... I ALSO BEEN FEELING THE ROAD A LOT... AND THEY SAY IS BECAUSE THE STOCK STRUTS THAT THE CAR HAS NOW ARE NO GOOD... THEY SAY I MUST CHANGE THEM RIGHT NOW.... SO I WANT TO KNOW HOW TRUE THIS IS?? DO I REALLY NEED TO CHANGE THE STRUTS?

Old 05-12-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Do i need struts for a new set of lowering springs???????

Yes, you cannot install lowering springs without changing the struts.
Old 05-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
inifiniteblur is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Do i need struts for a new set of lowering springs???????

i've been riding on nuespeed race springs for almost 2 years. that's over 2 inche drop in the front and back with subs in the trunk. 3 months ago a shop told me that one of my struts is leaking. and that both control arms needed to go. also that one of my rod ends needed to be tightened. but recommended replacement. i've known that i need to get replacements for my struts but now im considering k-sport coilovers instead of struts. because i dont want to have to buy new stock mounts for aftermarket struts. and the k-sports come with pillowball mounts for 900 bux. YOU however could get away with buying tokico blues. they're cheap on most sites but i get most of my stuff from www.andysautosport.com .

tein springs are only a 1 inch drop. so you probably dont have to replace your struts right away. i would look into another shop when you do replace them though.
just buy tokico blues from www.andysautosport.com with stock mounts from www.majestichonda.com that's your cheapest option. i think....