Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Different Muffler.........

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Different Muffler.........

Hey everyone, I have had an OBX B3 Bomb Cat-Back Exhaust and I am having a little dilema with it. Im fixing to go to college after I graduate from high school and I really don't want to go to college with this loud exhaust on my car. I was wondering if there is any type of muffler on the market that could be welded on to the existing OBX catback piping to replace the B3 bomb muffler that isn't very loud at all and doesn't have a big opening(coffee can)like my B3 bomb. I would really appreciate your help with this.
Old 02-27-2003
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: ZSKCivic01
Hey everyone, I have had an OBX B3 Bomb Cat-Back Exhaust and I am having a little dilema with it. Im fixing to go to college after I graduate from high school and I really don't want to go to college with this loud exhaust on my car. I was wondering if there is any type of muffler on the market that could be welded on to the existing OBX catback piping to replace the B3 bomb muffler that isn't very loud at all and doesn't have a big opening(coffee can)like my B3 bomb. I would really appreciate your help with this.[hr]
You could get a universal muffler made to fit that size piping. Possibly one from Thermal R&D or something.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-28-2003
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
Quiet? Definetely Magnaflow mufflers.. (i'm in the same case, that's why i bought one)

Thermal R&D sounds sweet and nice!
Old 02-28-2003
MIT
Registered!!

MIT is an unknown quantity at this point
save up get Thermal R&D, you wont regret it !] sound]
Old 02-28-2003
Registered!!

TiM3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thermal R&D Stealth
Old 02-28-2003
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Originally posted by: ZSKCivic01
Hey everyone, I have had an OBX B3 Bomb Cat-Back Exhaust and I am having a little dilema with it. Im fixing to go to college after I graduate from high school and I really don't want to go to college with this loud exhaust on my car. I was wondering if there is any type of muffler on the market that could be welded on to the existing OBX catback piping to replace the B3 bomb muffler that isn't very loud at all and doesn't have a big opening(coffee can)like my B3 bomb. I would really appreciate your help with this.[hr]
growing up are we?

heh.

depends on the flang at where the muffler is connected.. and how big the pipping is.. u can just get a different axel back that is quieter.. or get any muffler that you feel is the right size and smaller in noise level... and just take it to a shop and have them weld it on.
Old 02-28-2003
Extreme Member

ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 2.5" piping all the way to the headers. Do I need to get the stealth system? I went to their site and checked it out. They have a stealth muffler for our year civics. Click Here. ALso, where can I find this muffler for my civic? I live in Houston if it helps. Thanks for you alls help.