Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

3M Paint Protection Film

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
3M Paint Protection Film

Has anyone ever tried this stuff? Here's a link: 3M Paint Protection Film

It comes in different sized rolls, is removal and doesnt yellow. I also found this site that sells individual pre-cut pieces, though its pricy.. I havent found any other pre-cut dealers online yet.

I think all I want at the moment is to buy a 6"x84" roll and play around with it. Maybe do my mirrors and part of my bumper... whatcha think?

Old 02-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
ya i saw in a magazine a few months ago they put that on a wrx with a body kit. they suggest getting it professionally put on, but you can try it. seems like it works well and you cant see the line at all where it stops on the hood or where ever.
Old 02-09-2003
Registered!!

18inchpride is an unknown quantity at this point
its good stuff im just about to get it done, my brother got it done on his RSX-S and you can't see it unless you look really close and he has it on his hood so he doesn't get the rock chips and i would say that its the only good place to do it because you can tell its there up close, so i wouldn't recomend getting it done to your whole bumper. Its way better than the ugly plastic one that i have on my civic. Well worth the money

JONNY
Old 02-09-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the replies. I did some googling and it seems as though there are alot of film dealers making kits. Originally I just wanted to do my kick panels since peeps tend to scrape the crap out of them gettting in and out of my car. Now I'm thinking about doing the panels, door sills, mirrors and front end parts! Hrmmph..

I think I'll start off slow once I find some and see how difficult it is to install, which is sorta like window tinting.
Old 02-09-2003
Registered!!

MagicRacing18 will become famous soon enoughMagicRacing18 will become famous soon enough
When I get a kit I'm going to have it put on the bumper because I'm getting a Bomex bumper and they are glass.. so hoepfully that stuff will protect against chips. Do it up, just not on the doors or mirrors, it's really not needed.

~nick~