Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Install Help!!) $$ help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges arrived today

I looked at the directions on how to install them and they are way too advanced for my dumba$$. I don't wanna screw em up.

How much would it cost to get the (Air/Fuel, Fuel Pressure, and Oil Pressure) gauges installed in my Triple Gauge pillar?

Old 01-27-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
It isn't all that hard.... It sounds a little more intimidating than it really is... read my DIY for the oil pressure... all you're really doing is extending the oil pressure line and running a wire through the firewall. The DIY also tells you where to find all the power sources you're gonna need for any gauges. The A/F ratio is pretty easy. Find the white wire from the O2 sensor, follow it back from the header a little ways and tap it some where where it's away from the engine. As for the fuel pressure... I don't know about that one. If you need help with the other 2, PM me, I can explain some more if you want. You do not have to make any holes anywhere to run the wires or fasten senders.... it's just moving somethings around.
Old 01-27-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
cant wait to see some pics once you get it done
Old 01-27-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
how much did you pay for the gauges and where?
Old 01-27-2003

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: civicvtec1ps
how much did you pay for the gauges and where?[hr]
I got the gauges from a special source on this forum. I don't know if he wants his named revealed since everyone flamed him about a certain VAFC fixed post. Since I was the only person who showed him any kind of repsect he got all of them for me at cost which totalled $300 instead of the $450 retail for all of them.

Old 01-27-2003
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I would get them professionally installed by an import shop. If you're not comfortable with the wiring, it's better not to mess up. Custom concepts said they would do it for about $100 or more. It's a few hours of install at $40 an hour.
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
congrats man!!! i dont know much they would cost to have installed.

INJEN
Old 01-28-2003

Does anyone work for a shop that knows how much the install would cost?
Old 01-28-2003
Registered!!

StLVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Flyrace this isnt regarding the gauges but the pods. You ordered them off of ebay. I ordered them off the link you gave in the forum about triple pod pics. Its the same place masterminds. Im just wondering if they sent you an email with the trackng numberor anything like that or did they just show up. And how long did you wait before you got them. Thanks
Old 01-28-2003

Yes they sent me an email with my order and tracking number. It took 4 days to get to me.