Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

How do you like your exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty much everyone recommends the system that they have like someone already said.

I will say that the magnaflow is one of the quieter exhaust out there and you can't beat the price. Terrible choice if you are going to lower the car.

The only system I can't stand is the tcs. Looks nice and all but weighs like 50lbs which is about a million times as heavy as the stock system. So, the 1-2hp gain is eaten by the weight of the system. Of course the exhaust is purely for driving enjoyment for the most part but dayum, I just couldn't feel good about a $500 dollar performance part that isn't a performance part at all.

If I could do it again, I'd most likely go for the hks axle-back. The stock piping on the ex is perfect. No need for bigger diameter unless you are going FI or something. Just a free-flowing muff and you're set. Plus, I can't stand that big can muffler I have...looks stupid as it is almost as big as the car...lol no money to replace it so...everytime I hear it purr as a row the gears I still think, "dayum that sounds awesome!" So, it's not all bad.
Old 12-08-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jugadro is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Mbow, I did like the sound clip of the HKS on the site, I would like to hear it in person though. There aren't too many import cars here in upstate NY (well, compares to a place like LA) so it's tough to decide w/o being able to experience it first -- and I don't have the cash flow to keep changing out exhausts until I find the one I want. Thanks again -- You know your stuff.
Old 12-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chefjnr is an unknown quantity at this point
skunk2 all the way with hp racing headers and hi flow cat, love it