Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

LX to EX exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tAkTicS is an unknown quantity at this point
LX to EX exhaust ?

i have a 2002lx coupe 5-spd with a magnaflow cat-back exhaust. im looking at the hp racing header that comes with the hi-flow cat. now if i use that header, cat, and exhaust it will be the EX style so i heard i will need to replace a sway bar to an EX version one. someone said to look to a honda dealership to get one, but i was wondering if there were any other aftermarket options that would fit. also my friend has a integra type-r sway bar that he is getting rid of, and do you think that could be made to fit on a civic?
Old 11-25-2002
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
I got an email just yesterday from HP telling me that there is a header with hi-flow cat specifically for the LX coupe. They told me I could find it all at NOPI. I didn't go there to check it out, but thats what they said.
Old 11-25-2002
Registered!!

Roadog is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: tAkTicS
i have a 2002lx coupe 5-spd with a magnaflow cat-back exhaust. im looking at the hp racing header that comes with the hi-flow cat. now if i use that header, cat, and exhaust it will be the EX style so i heard i will need to replace a sway bar to an EX version one. someone said to look to a honda dealership to get one, but i was wondering if there were any other aftermarket options that would fit. also my friend has a integra type-r sway bar that he is getting rid of, and do you think that could be made to fit on a civic?[hr]
The integra sway bar wont fit and the one you have on the car does not have enough clearance for a cat or header. The sway bar from honda is like $60 and is as big if not bigger than an aftermarket one and only costs half as much.
Old 11-25-2002
Registered!!

tAkTicS is an unknown quantity at this point
ok thanks for the replies. $60 sounds great.. i gotta go talk to my dealer sometime soon. i was only wondering because i heard they were around 100 and some aftermarket sway bars are only like 120.
Old 11-25-2002
Registered!!

DrAnsiFL is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that the only think keeping me from putting on a DC header? the swaybar from an EX civic? I have a 2001 LX sedan. SOmeone let me know if this is the case. I figured you had to move hwere the O2 sensor goes and that it ALWAYS trips the check engine light. Any other way to go than that ghetto style?
Old 11-25-2002
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
i had DC headers and custom exhaust all the way back. never had to do anything with no sway bars or what not, but i took it off bc u wont pass echeck with a high flow cat and some companies wont touch it if the original cat is missing
Old 11-25-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
to clear some stuff up...

for a LX/DX:

HP 4-1 race header with "highflow cat" you'll need an ex oem or aftermarket cat-back exhaust, and a ex FRONT sway bar, it should cost only 60 bucks. If your dealer wants more, just contact hondawerx.com I'm sure he can get it to you for 60 shipped or 70 shipped. or check www.hondaautomotiveparts.com they dont list their shipping price, and they charge u shipping after... but either way it wont be too much.

DC 4-1 upper section header for this header, besides the ex cat-back exhaust, you'll need an ex downpipe/cat convertor. oem or aftermarket. only aftermarket one that I know of thats a direct bolt on is from Random Technology, it is a highflow cat, btw. You'll also need the ex FRONT sway bar.

both these setups require you to extend your o2 sensor... and for the HP header, you'll need a o2 simulator so the engine light wont come on, and to ensure the ECU wont be using the incorrect mapping.

both of these are expensive setups, the HP header being the cheaper setup since the "highflow cat" is just a pipe, its not a cat convertor at all. you will however yield some gains from both setup, since you're replacing your entire exhaust system. you will probably get the most gain out of the HP 4-1 race header, but there are cons in running that setup too.

check your local state smog laws or etc, truthfully, none of these setups are legal I think. since most states dont allow u to mess with ur cat (replace or remove) unless its defected, and thats only at a certain mile.

I think thats the low down. this will be the 5th time I posted something like this. heh.