Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Ebay Projectors Headlights Crap or not??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaCivicEX2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ebay Projectors Headlights Crap or not??

Are these projectors any good???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872588000

Projectors

I like this style, Does tyc have this style with angel eye? And are the projectors really that noticly better then stock for visibility. Or are they worse about the same? Just for looks??
Old 11-15-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
its not bad. but you have to reseal those before you put it on. because foggy......
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

AEMcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
NO!!! THOSE LIGHTS ARE CRAP!!! DO NOT BID ON THEM!!!![IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-15-2002
Hail to the king baby

kjgracing will become famous soon enoughkjgracing will become famous soon enough
Angel Eyes = CRAP
TYC = ****

spend the ectra $$$ and get TYC's
Old 11-15-2002
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
I agree, the TYC's are great, perfect fit. i just put my black ones on my car about a week ago. My only complaint is the difference in lighting..the stock headlights are brighter...but other than that
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

platinumx310 is an unknown quantity at this point
Instead of TYC projector lights, I got them Halo Angel eyes from Ebay.

They fit pretty good. I'm happy with it cuz i'm the only one in dis town wit angel eyessss [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: SkipBarber
I agree, the TYC's are great, perfect fit. i just put my black ones on my car about a week ago. My only complaint is the difference in lighting..the stock headlights are brighter...but other than that[hr]
You should know why the lights are not as bright. The high and lows are separated and in parallel, right? They should not be dimmer, unless the reflectors in the headlights are not as good as stock. Who knows, I just got my angels eyes in the mail today. Time to do some research on where the two braided wires go. They go right to the LED ring and i just need to know where to wire them up too. I am thinking the parking lights, but who knows. Time to search. I guess I could email X3racing and ask them for a link. We'll see.
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
For all those who search and cannot find anything, search harder(not really, not too specific - lazy people). I found what I was looking for about 20 mins ago and cannot find my solder iron. Wonder where my BROTHER put it. that boy.
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

CivicRyder is an unknown quantity at this point
By what percentage would you say the lighting is decreased with the tycs? 50%? 40%? 30%?
Old 11-16-2002
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
JUNK! Its all for looks anything else is CRAP. I use have those and planning to sell for $150 if your interested.
Old 11-21-2002
Registered!!

01CivicEXs is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to agree with dru106... for lighting, they are crap. They do look great, can't deny that. But for those who are interested in lighting performance, stick with the stock headlamps. They areare the best honda has ever put on a civic.
Old 11-22-2002
Premium Member

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Aren't dimmer lights dangerous? Is it that important to look "cool?"

No flame, just curious.

IronFist
Old 11-22-2002
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
So is clearing your headlights the better alternative and do your lights get any brighter?
Old 11-22-2002
Registered!!

01CivicEXs is an unknown quantity at this point
na they just look better cleared, it gives you (i like to think) a classier look without the amber...
some say they've tried swapping their stock H4 bulbs with xenon superwhites..sounds like they should make the stock lamps even brighter...but I havent tried yet if anyone has let me know how it went
Old 11-22-2002
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
YESSS!!! My damn projectors are gone!!! Sold to some guy 2 blocks away from me for $150. Im so glad I got rid of them, now i can get something else more useful
Old 07-09-2003
Registered!!

redcivic4sho is an unknown quantity at this point
I have those projectors in question. They do suck. I have had 3 bulbs blow out on me and the angel eye on one of them doesn't work. Spending way too much money on these. Already amost paid as much as good set would cost me. Oh well you live and you learn.
Old 07-09-2003
Soon to be Mr. GST

johnnyslil01ex should not be trustedjohnnyslil01ex should not be trustedjohnnyslil01ex should not be trusted
thanks for the info, I almost bought some projectors too. saved myslelf a headache. I wanted to put those supper bright blue bulbs in, but I heard they burn up ur sockets and wires.

John
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

Killer Kabob is an unknown quantity at this point
John -

That depends...I had cheapy $30 'xenon' lights put into my civic when I got it. Everything was fine 'n dandy for about a year...then one day, blam, my lights cut off in the middle of a road at night, no less, 30 miles from home. Course I was worried. My worry transformed into fury later when Honda told me I needed to pay $1000 for a new wiring harness. Course, after they took a look at it, my regular halogen bulbs started working again.

About 6 months later, the same thing happened again. Thankfully, it was just a small tip of the wiring harness that needed to be changed...so I went to a Honda junkyard and got the wiring harness piece for $15, rewired it myself. It was a lesson I'd never forget. Though, I guess it served me right for not researching the bulbs before plugging and playing.

If you want higher output bulbs with the cool blue or purple effect...just spring the extra money (or save up) and get a TRUE xenon/HID kit for a couple hundred bucks. The cheapy bulbs run at something like 80 watts or something (stock is 55W I believe...the extra wattage is what fried my wire). HID kits suck less energy than either of those bulbs generally running at a measly 35 watts. That's pretty sweet, if you ask me...less drainage and more light output...not to mention longer bulb life. HIDs all the way for me dude.
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

Civicly02 will become famous soon enoughCivicly02 will become famous soon enough
where can you get true hid for 200 bucks?
Old 07-26-2003
Registered!!

Killer Kabob is an unknown quantity at this point
I honestly don't think you can get a complete kit for $200. Not unless you find a deal on ebay or elsewhere. I personally don't know the differences between Joe Shmoe HID kits and name brand kits like Philips and Catz. I do know it's like deciding to buy a Sony over an Audiovox discman...all the cost with the same basic end result. That's what I *think* anyway. There really honestly could be a difference in bulbs and ballasts, though I really doubt it. 6000k is 6000k in my opinion.

Anyway, the cheapest prices I've seen for H4 kits are $300 + shipping for low beam only. The kit I got was around $380 (high and low beam) from the same manufacturer. You can order it on their website at www.globarpremier.com or get it off ebay. They're called 'supervision' kits.

I will warn you though, when I originally bought the kit and installed it myself, one of the ballasts fried instantly. I saw the light wasn't working but figured I wired it all incorrectly. At the time, I was driving to a friends house, but left the ballast connected (without realizing that was the cause of the light malfunction). My GOD did that thing WREAK! I just about passed out from the stench of burnt electronics that was filtering into my AC vents. It was one of the worst things I've ever smelled. Luckily the company I ordered it from was local and I just swapped out the ballast with a new, working one without any troubles.

I still think you should go HID. I'm a bit biased but I do think it looks a lot more crisp and a hell of a lot cooler on the road. A lot of people complain about the brightness of HIDs when driving by other cars, but I personally love staring at them. Something about em just fascinate me.

Last edited by Killer Kabob; 07-26-2003 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2003
Registered!!

papi2001civic is an unknown quantity at this point
the only projectors i would get are the TYC ones .... i have them now and i love them to death
Old 07-27-2003
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
yeah. . soon as I can afford them . I'm going with TYC.
Old 07-27-2003
Registered!!

Satanic-Hamster is an unknown quantity at this point
You guy dont need any extra money to brighten up your Projector headlights. The reason the lights are dark is because the Beam is pointed at a very low point. Simply, adjust the hight of the beam by turning the screw behind the projector headlights to highten up the beam. After that, get M-Tech H1's and you'll be looking good again...
Old 07-27-2003
Registered!!

Satanic-Hamster is an unknown quantity at this point
it works on both TYC and Ebay
Old 07-27-2003
Registered!!

blackcivic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Even aimed correctly I can only see about half as far as I could stock.

Thats why I will be saving up 350-425 dollars to do a true HID retrofit.

Search on ebay for Hella hid, and hella projectors.

You will get true results out of this, it will be legal, and it will look sweet.
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
how about using those really cheap light bulbs 55W but will act like 100W, blueish.

those won't burn the wires, right?
Old 08-13-2003

GreenNVicious can only hope to improve
Originally posted by kjgracing
Angel Eyes = CRAP

TYC = ****

spend the ectra $$$ and get TYC's
i Got hella *** when i put my TYC's on
Old 08-13-2003
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
tycs=

just make sure they are aimed properly
Old 08-13-2003
2003 Nissan Frontier

cryption should not be trusted
well, back to the comment about the Stock lights. I replaced my stock bulbs with the Sylvnaia Silver Star bulbs, and the lighting performance has gone up exponentially. They are almost as bright as my mom's 3.2CL-S with the true Xenon lamps. I also have my cleared and painted (as you can see in the my rides section). I like how they look really better than anything i could buy, It didnt cost me anything, only took 2 hours of my time, and look super sweet. I put the islver star bulbs as the main headlamp, in the driving light I have a blue lightbulb, and just replaced my turn from the icky white to a nice amber, and I love how it looks. I couldn't be any happier.
Old 08-13-2003
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
with respect to the bulb comment. You cna run them without ever frying your harness. Just make sure that they run at 55-60W. Some run @ 80W or even 100W. Buy the lower wattage and save your harness and yourself $. I have had low watt blues in my car for 2 years now...no probs....

FYI-stay away from Krypton Showoff, Hiper Industries...these are 2 high watters that WILL fry your harness

Quick Reply: Ebay Projectors Headlights Crap or not??