Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

What constitutes a Rice-Mod ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
What constitutes a Rice-Mod ??

I see all over about no to rice-mods.
and thats such a rice-mod.
So what determines if a mod is rice or not ??
it may seem like a stupid question, but what
kind of mods are considered rice ???
who determines or says that one mod is rice and one mod is
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

slammed2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO....rice is like puttin a sticker on your car that you dont even have a product from them, like putting GREDDY on ur front windshield on a bone stock car...with no greddy parts...
some may consider altezzas rice, big wings can also be considered rice...
heres something you may like....

Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

theguysmiley is an unknown quantity at this point
I say if you like it, do it. I don't think there is a set standard of what rice is. Just remember that if you think Uncle ben would have it on his ride...then it's rice to you. Forget everyone else and be yourself.
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

Desi is an unknown quantity at this point
anything thats done tastelessly.
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

Well that sums it up perfectly !!
i like the ticket [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
thanks for the info......
well let me ask you this i cant afford to buy a
new exhaust yet, so i have the chrome exhaust tip on the car, is that rice ?? (i dont
have any stickers or anything like that, i only have the civic, and ex symble shaved)
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

newlyaddedcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, I need to print that and hand them out[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

LikeWEEEEEEEEEE is an unknown quantity at this point
headlight eyebrows, led wws, more than 2 pair of lights on the front, piaa and other lightrange reducing bulbs, huge wheels with rubberband tires, stuff like angel-eyes (bimmer wannabe), stickers or vinyl decals(any sticker, unless it makes fun of your model car; the ones that advertise mods you even have are rice), snowplow front bumpers, air intakes where the intercooler should be (turbo wannabe), wings, anything with "powered by honda", cars low enough to get owned by speedbumps, "racing stripes", karbon-krylon (carbon fiber), z3 fenders (again with the bimmer wannabe), huge windsheild banners, painting drum breaks, high pitched exhausts; the list is longer than this.

you might not have these mods, but rice is also determined by driver actions such as:

tailgating inches from the car in front of you
cruising around in 1st gear so people can hear the exhaust
picking a race with a car you know is slower than you and that you can beat easily
highway racing
weaving in and out of traffic
cutting people off
even THINKING about attempting a smokeshow in a non-FI 4 banger (unless you got one of those 1500 lb lotuses or something)
speeding up and down a specific road to atract attention because of your exhaust

Old 09-10-2002
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
If it has absolutly NO purpose at all, it is rice.
(Except maybe to show off how foolish you are.)
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

LuvDatCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I think Slammed2k2civic summed it up perfectly.
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
don't worry about rice and not rice stuff, it is kiddy crap. just do what makes you happy
Old 09-10-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
its your car. do whatever you like to do .
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: civicvtec1ps
its your car. do whatever you like to do .[hr]
exactally..too many people worry about what other people think that they forget that its your car and you do what pleases you. Your money your car note..
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
[hr]Originally posted by: LikeWEEEEEEEEEE
headlight eyebrows, led wws, more than 2 pair of lights on the front, piaa and other lightrange reducing bulbs, huge wheels with rubberband tires, stuff like angel-eyes (bimmer wannabe), stickers or vinyl decals(any sticker, unless it makes fun of your model car; the ones that advertise mods you even have are rice), snowplow front bumpers, air intakes where the intercooler should be (turbo wannabe), wings, anything with "powered by honda", cars low enough to get owned by speedbumps, "racing stripes", karbon-krylon (carbon fiber), z3 fenders (again with the bimmer wannabe), huge windsheild banners, painting drum breaks, high pitched exhausts; the list is longer than this.

you might not have these mods, but rice is also determined by driver actions such as:

picking a race with a car you know is slower than you and that you can beat easily
highway racing
cutting people off
even THINKING about attempting a smokeshow in a non-FI 4 banger (unless you got one of those 1500 lb lotuses or something)
speeding up and down a specific road to atract attention because of your exhaust[hr]

Dude, you are being a little harsh! What do you consider "not-rice"? I went to the members rides and you are completey stock so i don't even know why you are here. I have big wheels and it makes me car look good, i have lowered it added a body kit, there is nothing wrong with that. I have PIAA's too, and they make the field of view better not worse like you think! I have stickers on my car of items I have bought and used. It just seems you went a little overboard man, I think you are just jealous of everyone else because their cars are nicer than yours!

Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

ShadyMilkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
IDQ not everyone can have a cool *** sleeper like likeweeee LOL [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

enzymes is an unknown quantity at this point
I say it's anything that's strikes most people as extremelly poor taste. Or something that tries to make an engine look like its more than it is.
Old 09-10-2002
Turbos, Engines, Chassis and Suspension Tech

4drcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
'nuff said
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: IDQcivic

highway racing
cutting people off
speeding up and down a specific road to atract attention because of your exhaust[hr]

Dude, you are being a little harsh! What do you consider "not-rice"? I went to the members rides and you are completey stock so i don't even know why you are here. I have big wheels and it makes me car look good, i have lowered it added a body kit, there is nothing wrong with that. I have PIAA's too, and they make the field of view better not worse like you think! I have stickers on my car of items I have bought and used. It just seems you went a little overboard man, I think you are just jealous of everyone else because their cars are nicer than yours![hr]
look at my sig (upper left corner). i changed my profile in member rides for a reason.
and no, not a car on this board makes me jealous. jealousy is for the weak. most of the member ride pages give me one hell of a laugh though...some of the things people list as mods just to make their lists look big are downright hilarious.

edit: tests have been done on aftermarket vs oem bulbs and guess which ones dominated? oem. dont know where the site went that u can read about it though
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: PseudoChrist
IDQ not everyone can have a cool *** sleeper like likeweeee LOL [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
and not everyone follows the mindset "if it looks fast, it must be fast" like you. i had this conversation with you already. i remember the general consensus was that you were "OWN3D" and you left saying "just you wait till i get my car back from the shop this week ill have blah and blah and blah done to it" which basically translated to "my rich parents are paying for blah and blah and blah being done to my car"

wish i remembered the post, id link you to it.
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

Yup my rich parents pay for all my mods, my car, my clothing, the purified air im breathing, the typist that is typing this post for you, the import model that is giving me a back massage and even the person sewing me new clothing for me to wear tommarow. Get real, hate to clue you but if my parents were paying for my car and mods I sure in hell wouldent be driving a civic. My parents like to teach me responsiblity and maturity therefor I work. Grow up and go cry on a diffrent website, and learn to take a joke.
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

not crying, just pointing out your oh so classic spoiled richboy attitude

edit:
My parents like to teach me responsiblity and maturity therefor I work.[hr]
uh huh so all the mods you claim to have, you paid for out of your own pocket? those wheels probably run about 1000 another 200 for the projectors, etc. etc.

you make all this money off of a sub highschool education? (as noted from your previous posts which looked like they had a chimp typing them)

i dont think so son. let me remind you again that your 7th grade english seat is calling you back.
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

nytejade is an unknown quantity at this point
If you can't tell the difference between rice and not rice you probably got "into cars" about the same time that stupid movie The Fast and the Furious came out. Therefore, get a gun, shoot yourself. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

Yeah actually I get paid 13.75 and hour working in the repair shop for a construction inustry (That I have been working for for going on 4 years now), fixing trucks and doing tune ups on equipment. I work all summer at 58-62 hours a week and during the school year I work saterdays and sundays.. Plus here in wisconsin we get time and a half for anything over 40 hours and double pay on sundays. Oh my that means I get 275 dollars on sundays before taxes alone... And because im a "kid" all that gets taken out is social security. I also pay for the same lovely things that you do such as food, and housing your girlfriend. So all that money goes to hmm collage and my car and a lil for daily living. So any other theorys?
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

To answer your question I would classify rice as anything u can buy at pep boys, advanced auto parts, etc...
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

Yeah actually I get paid 13.75 and hour working in the repair shop for a construction inustry (That I have been working for for going on 4 years now), fixing trucks and doing tune ups on equipment. I work all summer at 58-62 hours a week and during the school year I work saterdays and sundays.. Plus here in wisconsin we get time and a half for anything over 40 hours and double pay on sundays. Oh my that means I get 275 dollars on sundays before taxes alone... And because im a "kid" all that gets taken out is social security. I also pay for the same lovely things that you do such as food, and housing your girlfriend. So all that money goes to hmm collage and my car and a lil for daily living. So any other theorys?[hr]
yea, instead of jumping into a job so quickly in youth maybe you should have hit the books like you were supposed to
Old 09-11-2002
Registered!!

IM STILL IN SCHOOL! And still hitting the books im a senior and am in almost all ap classes, and no english is not one of them.
Old 09-11-2002
Registered!!

Piglet412 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah actually I get paid 13.75 and hour working in the repair shop for a construction inustry (That I have been working for for going on 4 years now), fixing trucks and doing tune ups on equipment. I work all summer at 58-62 hours a week and during the school year I work saterdays and sundays.. Plus here in wisconsin we get time and a half for anything over 40 hours and double pay on sundays. Oh my that means I get 275 dollars on sundays before taxes alone... And because im a "kid" all that gets taken out is social security. I also pay for the same lovely things that you do such as food, and housing your girlfriend. So all that money goes to hmm collage and my car and a lil for daily living. So any other theorys?[hr]
yea, instead of jumping into a job so quickly in youth maybe you should have hit the books like you were supposed to[hr]

you need to stop worrying about what everyone else is doing, and work on your own car and your own life. psuedochrist is obviously a hard working kid, which is a lot more than i can say about many guys i knew at that age. he obviously has more maturity than u do.

Old 09-11-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey! Lighten up boys. This is a car forum and not you all kids sand box. Go somewhere else and duke it out, if you have to, but get it the Hell off these pages.

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2002
Registered!!

nytejade kiss my a$$..........
it was a simple question, ill buy the gun
and give it to you to shoot yourself, you should with that
stupida$$ comment......

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-11-2002
Registered!!

MSoft is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Bartkat
Hey! Lighten up boys. This is a car forum and not you all kids sand box. Go somewhere else and duke it out, if you have to, but get it the Hell off these pages.

Thanks.[hr]
Exactly. LikeWe you're making lots of enemies on here if you keep bashing aftermarket parts. If you like stock, it's fine, but don't expect any praise from ppl on here. And if you like stock so much, why are you in this forum? Did you come in here to say rice to everyone who's got aftermarket parts?

People mod their cars for whatever reason--to make it faster or for looks or just be different--that is not your business. Voice your opinion and let the others discuss the topic. I don't understand why people bash each other on this board, and the stereotype that everyone who's got nice mods are kids with loaded parents. You did sound like you're jealous.

Civics are built for mods, from it's native land in Japan people all mod their Civics, so we're just carrying on the tradition. In the US, the Civic happens to be the best selling car for a number of reasons. If you like your Civic stock for the OEM advantage, then cheers to you.

Old 09-11-2002
Registered!!

nytejade is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: mndthegap1
nytejade kiss my a$$..........
it was a simple question, ill buy the gun
and give it to you to shoot yourself, you should with that
stupida$$ comment......

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][hr]

I must have hit the nail on the head.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]