Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Brembos for 7th Gen?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Brembos for 7th Gen?

I can't seem to make sense of the Brembo website. It has available years listed as 1996-2001, which is across generations of Civics. So do the rotors work on 7th gens? and does $98 for a pair sound like a good price? Will they be more durable than the stock ones (as in, will they last longer before they need changing), they're cross drilled and slotted. And I'm sure with some AEM pads it will stop a whole lot better.
Old 09-10-2002
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
You might want to talk to the God of DIY as he has this same setup on his car. He said that they're great. I'm actually looking for a place to get a set of the Brembo rotors for my ride myself. Are you doing a groupbuy or something? Please LMK!
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

AceKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man the rotors will fit our cars I have them on mine they are great i love them and yes it is a good deal. If i were u I would go for it. and make sure if u do u get high performance pads. I suggest AEM/NISSIN.
Old 09-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Cool, thanks. Are cross drilled better than slotted? Or does it not matter? I can't figure out from the description. I'll say where as soon as I have my pair.
Old 09-10-2002

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
No. Here's what you do. You tell me where you can get this great deal, I will buy and install and let you know if they fit or not. That way you know and then you can order. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 09-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

Ok... The ones I found were brembo blank rotors that were then machined by the place that is selling them. So they're "sort of" brembos.
Old 09-10-2002

What do you mean exactly? They're actual Brembo rotors but haven't been stamped with a Brembo logo? Or someone took a set of stock rotors and had them turned and drilled to be like Brembos?
Old 09-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

I don't know what that means either. I'm trying to find out. I think it means that someone bought Brembos before they had the slots and holes drilled into them, then they did them themselves, but I can't see any brembo stamps in the photos, so I cannot determine the authenticity of them.
Old 09-10-2002
NytRyder2k2's Son

ACEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes there real Brembos that they buy. They come blank and then take it to a machine shop to drill and slot them. If you look on the side of the rotor u will see that they say Brembo on them..or at least mine does
Old 09-10-2002
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I heard the Brembros are nice but i got the AEM brake upgrade and my tech at honda test drove it after i installed it to make sure the install was clean and good(he has a 9sec Civic)and he had one of my friends in the passenger seat and they were doing like 40 on a back street and he slammed on the brakes and the guy in the passenger seat flew forward and the tech said he has never seen a civic stop so fast. I had Brembros on my last car and they are great but the AEM brake upgrade i swear by!
Old 09-10-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: RedDragon333
I heard the Brembros are nice but i got the AEM brake upgrade and my tech at honda test drove it after i installed it to make sure the install was clean and good(he has a 9sec Civic)and he had one of my friends in the passenger seat and they were doing like 40 on a back street and he slammed on the brakes and the guy in the passenger seat flew forward and the tech said he has never seen a civic stop so fast. I had Brembros on my last car and they are great but the AEM brake upgrade i swear by![hr]
Yeah. Those AEM upgrades are nice, but they're only desiged for guys with rims 16"+. I don't have any rims, yet, but I still want better rotors. New rotors are cheaper than rims right this minute. I know you guys are going to say I should save the money and buy rims, but the roads here in VA somewhat suck, and brakes are the most important thing you can put on your car.
Old 09-10-2002
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
ok i was looking for new brakes about a month ago.. ive searched this site and came upon someone reccomending a website called Irotors.com . they supposedly use Blank Brembo Rotors and then crossdrill and slot them themselves, becuase to my understanding brembo does not make crossdrilled slotted rotors? only blanks?

not soo sure about my last statement but i read it somewere on these forumn.. by the way brake upgrades is definitly worth every penny.. good safety feature and no more loud graoning vibrating petal stuff for me..
Old 09-10-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: AzNmiKex215
ok i was looking for new brakes about a month ago.. ive searched this site and came upon someone reccomending a website called Irotors.com . they supposedly use Blank Brembo Rotors and then crossdrill and slot them themselves, becuase to my understanding brembo does not make crossdrilled slotted rotors? only blanks?

not soo sure about my last statement but i read it somewere on these forumn.. by the way brake upgrades is definitly worth every penny.. good safety feature and no more loud graoning vibrating petal stuff for me.. [hr]
I've heard of irotors.com and I've visited their website a few times. I'm not too sure if they take the Brembo "blanks" and drill and slot them themselves or if they've got their own production line, or what. I don't know how comfy I feel about someone taking and drilling and slotting the rotors. You'd have to be pretty damned exact about that kind of stuff. Hopefully everything is on some kind of assembly line and is computer controlled and that stuff. Maybe I'll give them a check.
Old 09-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

Brembo does make Slotted, Crossdrilled rotors. The part numbers are FD00006 and FS00006. They are sport line rotors. See them at Brembo's website. I think I will probably buy the factory drilled rotors for a few reasons... First, the warranty... Heaven forbid the rotor comes apart, I want someone to sue. Second, If Brembo does the machining, I know where and how it was done (they say), if some store has them done, who knows what really goes on. To me, it's worth the extra $60 to get the authentic ones.
Old 09-10-2002

I was over reading irotors.com and they said that if we can get 4 or more people in on a group buy on rotors, we can get a 10% discount. I know someone local who has them and I'll have to talk to him to see what he knows about them. He's actually sponsered too.

Would any of you guys be interested in getting in on a group buy of these rotors? They make them for all model Civics, not just the EX. Let me know and I'll see if I can get it set up on a group buy.
Old 09-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

From IROTORS
[hr] The brake rotors logo and trademarks belong to their respective companies but are drilled by outside vendors. Neither the respective companies nor iRotors, or any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for any malfunctions/warranty associated the products.
[hr]
They don't even take any responsibility for what they sell. Nor do they provide any info about who or how they are made. If this was something like a CAI, I don't think I'd care, but these are BRAKES. No brakes and you really got a problem, no CAI, oh well. I'm kinda skeptical about someone not saying how their product is made. If anyone finds that info on their website, post it, and I'll stand corrected, but I couldn't find it.

Meanwhile Brembo comes right out and says they're QS9000 and ISO9001 Certified, and they make the OEM's for the Viper, Ferrari, Benz, Porsche and the Mustang Cobra as well as darn near every racing series. That's tough to top. Plus, they will give you free pads if you buy rotors before 9/30 (you pay retail for the rotors, but the pads would otherwise be $65). They have a 3000 mile warranty on the rotors, which chances are, you'd have found any manufacturing flaw by then. They also say that if the rotor is modified, the warranty is voided, so the shop doing the drilling basically gives you no warranty.
Old 09-10-2002

[hr]Originally posted by: Boilermaker1
From IROTORS
[hr] The brake rotors logo and trademarks belong to their respective companies but are drilled by outside vendors. Neither the respective companies nor iRotors, or any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for any malfunctions/warranty associated the products.
[hr]
They don't even take any responsibility for what they sell. Nor do they provide any info about who or how they are made. If this was something like a CAI, I don't think I'd care, but these are BRAKES. No brakes and you really got a problem, no CAI, oh well. I'm kinda skeptical about someone not saying how their product is made. If anyone finds that info on their website, post it, and I'll stand corrected, but I couldn't find it.

Meanwhile Brembo comes right out and says they're QS9000 and ISO9001 Certified, and they make the OEM's for the Viper, Ferrari, Benz, Porsche and the Mustang Cobra as well as darn near every racing series. That's tough to top. Plus, they will give you free pads if you buy rotors before 9/30 (you pay retail for the rotors, but the pads would otherwise be $65). They have a 3000 mile warranty on the rotors, which chances are, you'd have found any manufacturing flaw by then. They also say that if the rotor is modified, the warranty is voided, so the shop doing the drilling basically gives you no warranty.[hr]
Ah. Very good catch! I totally missed the 'Terms & Conditions' section of the website. After going and reading this, I don't think I will be going with them any time soon. I'd like to find a place that carries the Brembo rotors because Brembo themselves are out of stock. I think these pads, combined with a set of AEM/Nissin pads, will make a nice set. Boilermaker1, if you find someplace that has these in stock, please let me know as I'd like to purchase these. I think I'm going to have to give Rob@tornactive a call too to see if he is still stocking them.
Old 09-10-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion

I am inquiring into the Brembo factory as to whether or not we can get a discount if we order the same set of rotors in quantity. I'll keep you all posted as I get info. Otherwise its $190 direct from Brembo for Rotors and pads, the cheapest I've seen the rotors is $166. They have them at *** Imports They're listed, I don't know about in stock.
Old 09-11-2002
Registered!!

17VtecE is an unknown quantity at this point

our stock pads ARE MADE by AEM/NISSIN but the one i bought from optauto are much better less brake dust
Old 09-11-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Check mine out...

Attachments:
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] myrotors1 (48 Kb)
[IMG]/forums/themes/orbitz/paperclip.gif[/IMG] rotors2 (51 Kb)
Old 09-11-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: AzNmiKex215

not soo sure about my last statement but i read it somewere on these forumn.. by the way brake upgrades is definitly worth every penny.. good safety feature and no more loud graoning vibrating petal stuff for me.. [hr]
The whole iRotors thing! I'm sponsored by them. the owner elvis and yes his name is elvis is really cool. he hooked me up with a sponsorship. but here is the low down about brembo rotors.

Ok brembo makes blank rotors. So that way other companies can buy them from brembo and make their own cross-drilled/ slotted patterns. but the rotors are from brembo. I have rotors from iRotors and they say brembo on the side of them. but brembo does not make actual cross-drilled or slotted rotors the have them sent out to have drilled and slotted. I have tried to sell rotors from iRotors before to people on here but no one ever took me up on the offer. if yall have any questions about iRotors and all please ask away i will be more then happy to tell what i know about the company and the products.
Old 09-11-2002
Registered!!

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point
i have brembos slotted/drilled rotors on my ride. got them from irotors.com 1oo bucks for the pair. will sell mine as soon as i get my wilwood kit tho
Old 09-13-2002
Registered!!

I mean brembo are good for now until i get either the willwood or the brembo granturismo kit but my stock size brembos are the $h!t