Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Window Tint

is window tint removable? (the kind that you get done at a professional shop; not the ghetto DIY or static-cling stuff)

my car is leased; and i'm not thinking about going limo-dark, just enough to block the sun and blend in with the color better (nighthawk black). thanks guys...
Old 07-01-2002
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think so i went to a pro and he sprayed the tint on it so i dont think so
Old 07-01-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Tint is removable.......Never heard of the spray on tint.......... I know after they put the tint film on they use a heat gun(super-duper hairdryer) to dry the tint to the window........It is removable I used Peroxide to remove it last time I got a ticket......I started with a razorblad on the edge.............
Old 07-01-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

snoopbag is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to any automotive store (autozone, pep boys) and they will have professional strength tint remover. Just spray on and use a razor blade to peel it off. Just make sure you get all the glue off the window.
Old 07-01-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah its removeable, I have done it before but the tint shops seem to always be super fast I would like to see what they use.

Nick
Old 07-01-2002
Registered!!

andypanda is an unknown quantity at this point
why would u remove the tint just because its a leased car i dont think the dealers would care about tint
i thought the only thing dealers charged were if u damaged ur car in anyway but i dont think tint they wouldnt mind
Old 07-01-2002
Registered!!

RevHigh is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: bhayes82
is window tint removable? (the kind that you get done at a professional shop; not the ghetto DIY or static-cling stuff)

my car is leased; and i'm not thinking about going limo-dark, just enough to block the sun and blend in with the color better (nighthawk black). thanks guys...[hr]
If anything the dealer would be happy you tinted the windows of the car. It's not really a "mod" (so to speak), and is really common
Old 07-13-2002
Registered!!

windowtint is an unknown quantity at this point
yes tint is removable.

"spray on tint" hasn't been done in probably 20 years. If you saw something being SPRAYED it was more likely than not the mounting solution being used.

the heat gun is not for drying the tint to the window. The sunlight over a few days period does that. the heat gun is used to shape the film to the contour of the glass before installation and to touch up the fitment after installation.

"professional stregth" tint remover you buy at Pep boys is 80% water 20% rubbing alcohol ~ at $4.95 for an 8oz bottle ~ and it's useless to boot. You need to use something like black plastic bags/steel wool/razor blades/simple pink kinda combo. Not a good idea to do it yourself unless you WANT to ruin your rear defog lines.

lease turn-ins are not hit for tinted glass unless it is a crappy install or illegal. it is an improvement, therefore does not count against you.

any more questions, you can check out TINTDUDE.COM