Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Venom VCM 400 people...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTECnique is an unknown quantity at this point
Venom VCM 400 people...

To the people that have had this 4 a while, Any bugs? is the performance noticable, can it be used with NOS?
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

ilv4nos is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah hey man whats up....i am pretty sure you can hook NOS up to it.....to me its like a standard nos system the cheaper version of the vcn2000...just not computerized. I don't know of any bugs and I am going on what i have read.
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

BLUENVY01 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey ILV4NOS...
no offense buddy, but he askin people who actually OWN and have INSTALLED this product on their car... but thanks for the info, somethin is better than nuthin!
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boosted is an unknown quantity at this point
The Venom VCN-400 is ok. It is pretty much the same thing as the Apex-i S-AFC with out the ability to adjust
your fuel map. For the price, I would go with the Apex-i S-AFC. I think that you will like the functionalty of it better.
I have the VCN-400 on my truck and I can not really tell that much difference with it. On the other hand, I can feel some difference with the S-AFC.

Just my 2 cents. Hope that it helps.
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
I have the VCN-400 on my car, i don't know why poeple think its nitrous, the nitrous kits are the vcn 1000 and 2000, anyways.... I got the VCN-400 about a month ago, It was easy to install, and I think it kicks ***... I noticed most of my gains after i'm going like 60, if I go to pass someone I really notice, plus it has an on/off switch... If i turn it off I wish I had it back on, beacuse its just not as quick...It doesnt kick in until you have it almost floored but it almost feels like the way vtec kicks in, but now the venom kicks in too! I got mine for 275 shipped from the groupbuycenter... I guess the salesperson I bought it from told me its better than a performance chip such as the jetchip, but That might have just been hype to get me to buy it....
Old 06-19-2002
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: ilv4nos
yeah hey man whats up....i am pretty sure you can hook NOS up to it.....to me its like a standard nos system the cheaper version of the vcn2000...just not computerized. I don't know of any bugs and I am going on what i have read.[hr]

hahahah nos system [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] there is nothing to do with nos with this system [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] lamo [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

zetaR is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: IDQcivic
I have the VCN-400 on my car, i don't know why poeple think its nitrous, the nitrous kits are the vcn 1000 and 2000, anyways.... I got the VCN-400 about a month ago, It was easy to install, and I think it kicks ***... I noticed most of my gains after i'm going like 60, if I go to pass someone I really notice, plus it has an on/off switch... If i turn it off I wish I had it back on, beacuse its just not as quick...It doesnt kick in until you have it almost floored but it almost feels like the way vtec kicks in, but now the venom kicks in too! I got mine for 275 shipped from the groupbuycenter... I guess the salesperson I bought it from told me its better than a performance chip such as the jetchip, but That might have just been hype to get me to buy it....[hr]
IDQcivic is right. The Venom 400 has nothing to do with nitrous. It is also not compatible with nitrous. I talked to a guy at Venom performance, and he said if you were to go with the nitrous kit, then the Venom 400 would be useless. So, it's one or the other not both. I was also told by one of the performance shops I go to that they liked the Venom 400, and thought the jetchip wasn't worth crap just like IDQcivic was told.