Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

lost screw

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KUBSKI is an unknown quantity at this point
lost screw

i lost my screw that holds front strut bar down, any ideas?? would a generic one from a hardware store work?
Old 06-09-2002
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
u can go back 2 the honda dealer but they will charge u out the a$$ u can try ur local hardware store even a local carpart store
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ur question is very vague. IF you have a digital camera plz take a pic of what your talking about, otherwise your going to have to be more specific. I personally dont have ANY "screws" on my sturt bar. Mine bots down with teh 3 brass nuts on each strut tower, and has eyelet bolts in each end of the bar that are attached to teh tower braces with brass hex head bolts and brass nuts. SPecify your problem and ill be able to help you out.
Old 06-09-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: KUBSKI
i lost my screw that holds front strut bar down, any ideas?? would a generic one from a hardware store work?[hr]
Do you mean one of the nuts on top of the strut tower or one of the hex head cap screws that holds the strut bar to the attaching bracket? Reallly all you need to do is take one like the one you lost to a good auto parts store and get one like it.
Old 06-09-2002
Premium Member

[hr]Originally posted by: OmegaBlue2k1
Ur question is very vague. IF you have a digital camera plz take a pic of what your talking about, otherwise your going to have to be more specific. I personally dont have ANY "screws" on my sturt bar. Mine bots down with teh 3 brass nuts on each strut tower, and has eyelet bolts in each end of the bar that are attached to teh tower braces with brass hex head bolts and brass nuts. SPecify your problem and ill be able to help you out.[hr]
If you want to get technical, that "bolt" that holds the strut bar eye to the bracket is called a socket head cap screw.
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its funny your calling it a screw. I work as a drafstman at a company that designs and lays out large scale watewater machinery and any one in the shop would dissagree with you as i have to now. Any Threaded rod that has any form of head and a flat end is classified as a bolt. Any threaded rod that has any form of a head and a pointed end is classified as a screw. If we need to make an issue out of this all i can pull up several of our suppliers websites and prove it, the important thing here is that someone is trying to fix their strut bar and was vague about the problem regardless of what piece is missing.

This thread appears to be a request for help, not a lesson in fastener classifications.
Old 06-09-2002
Premium Member

You made the issue dude. In our business it's a socket head cap screw. Go to the parts bin and check out all the machine screws without points. Call it whatever you want, but please don't come to work at our plant and try to find any socket head cap bolts.

Old 06-10-2002
Registered!!

KUBSKI is an unknown quantity at this point
ill just get one from ace hardaware [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] and ya its the bold or cap screw [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]