Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Exhaust Info/Question DC Sports Twin Canister System

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001CivicChick is an unknown quantity at this point
Exhaust Info/Question DC Sports Twin Canister System

Hi, I tried to search the site and see if anyone had asked this already, but I didn't find anything (sorry if they did and I missed it...) Anywayz...I was just curious about what people thought about the DC Sports Twin Canister System for the 2k1 civic? I am planning on purchasing it tomorrow, but first I thought I might look at some feedback and see what people think. I planned on the Greddy Evo, but have heard many times that it creates too much back pressure and you need an intake that goes well with it, otherwise it may not be worth anything except looks. Well I would appriciate anyones feedback, Thanks [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-21-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
Greddy,....you should not lose on anything,....it's a straight pipe,.....there shouldn't be any back presure.....The TCS has many bends in it......some people belive the greddy produces more cause it has 1 straight pipe.....for looks I'd go w/ TCS.....same w/ sound.....TCS is quiter.....thats what I wanted...I love my DC......don't know too much bout Greddy though....good luck.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-21-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Greddy makes nop-notch high-quality systems. They are straight through and backpressure will be the least of your problems. You will notice a loss in low end torque if you lose anything at all. Greddy systems tend to have a very low exhaust note. None of that high pitched rice stuff.

Most people have reported that they love the tcs and I am sure it is top-notch quality as well. Personally, I wouldn't buy the system just because of its design. To many bends and that muffler looks very restrictive. This is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.
Old 05-21-2002
Registered!!

RoBBUsaF is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Laura,
If ya wanna hear my tcs, go here... under the vids section there's a burnout video. watch it. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
click me
Old 05-21-2002
Registered!!

R3DF0G is an unknown quantity at this point
TCS sounds really good.......better than my magnaflow even. I know a guy here in Town that has it installed. Definitely go for it.
Old 05-21-2002
Registered!!

I think I will but the tcs tomorrow, I have $400 that I got from my parents to put towards exhaust on Friday (my birthday gift) so really I don't even mind that it is a little more expensive...hehe. Thanks for the input from everyone...
Old 05-21-2002
Registered!!

DogstyleEX is an unknown quantity at this point
hey.. this will help..

TCS Clips
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

Well I did it! I bought the tcs system today. The only bad part is that it is on back order so I won't get it for two weeks. I was upset about it not being in stock, and as impatient as I am I had to also buy something thats was in stock...so I bought an aem cai. Yep, I did it, I am so impatient, but the money was burning a hole in my pocket and I wanted something today, hehe. Well I have off work tomorrow so i guess I will try to install it then (wonder if I can do it by myself...) Thnks for everyones input though...
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

EternalVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
i just installed the dc tcs this past weeken, i love it, nice deep tone, the sweet spot i from 2500-3000 rpm, other than that its pretty quiet, im glad i bought it, if you dont know, the theory behind the muffler is two straight through mufflers to quiet, yet their straight through, so theres little back pressure
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

EternalVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
i posted pretty much the same question last week before i put mine on and one thing that several people recommended was to bend the muffler hangers upward a little otherwise your tip will melt the bumper. what i did was mount everything snugly, but didnt torque it, then looked at the muffler, took off the mufler, applied p[ropane torch, and bent the hangers up. the right one was bent more than the other because it was slightly off center, then re-mount the muffler, and see how it is, if its good enough for u then torque everything down, if not try again
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

civtec02 is an unknown quantity at this point
TCS definately, nice quiet but deep sound, my fiend just got one and im looking into it as well, pipe isnt too big unlike most other exhausts....if ur lookin for how big pipe is, if not then disregard that last statement.