Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Plasma Coil Booster

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002
Support your local 81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point
Plasma Coil Booster

So, I am going to be ordering the Plasam Coil Ignition System from, Click me
Now I have done a search on this before I posted the question, and the threads were old, so I figure I will ask the question...

For those who have had it on thier car for a while, how do you like it? Do you notice some gains? Any Pro's or Con's to this product after you have purchised it? How much did you pay for it? Anyone with a dyno? Thanks again everyone!

Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
I have the ignition solutions plasma coils... I have had them for several months now.. I had to send one coild back to get fixed because an LED burnt out and when they sent it back the "i" was upside down. I guess I'll have to deal with it. I upgraded my spark plugs to denso iridium IK20's and I think its a good upgrade. I get better accleration, faster response, smoother engine, quicker starts. Also I get more speed out of each gear. Eg, before I could do about 80 in 3rd and it stopped pulling before redline. Now i get to about 85 before I have to shift to 4th and it pulls all the way to redline. It also improved my fuel economy if I drive conservative. I haven't dynoed or anything but maybe some day. hope this helps and good luck!

Dan

Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

SuziQ is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm interested in it too. i have a similar product on my rodeo. it works pretty well. there is a little power gain but starts and engine smoothness greatly increased.
Old 05-14-2002
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I have the ignition solutions plasma coils... I have had them for several months now.. I had to send one coild back to get fixed because an LED burnt out and when they sent it back the "i" was upside down. I guess I'll have to deal with it. I upgraded my spark plugs to denso iridium IK20's and I think its a good upgrade. I get better accleration, faster response, smoother engine, quicker starts. Also I get more speed out of each gear. Eg, before I could do about 80 in 3rd and it stopped pulling before redline. Now i get to about 85 before I have to shift to 4th and it pulls all the way to redline. It also improved my fuel economy if I drive conservative. I haven't dynoed or anything but maybe some day. hope this helps and good luck!

Dan
>>

did you have to reset the ecu after the install? Also how much and where did you get them?
Old 05-15-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
I got them from their website, www.ignitionsolutions.com and they are about 500 shipped. I didnt reset my ECU but I drove so many mikes it probably got used to them right away. I unhook my negative battery terminal frequently, for misc. electrical installations so the ECU probbaly gets reset anyways.