Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

PICS: Revo Technica + KumoSport + RSX

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002
DIY King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
PICS: Revo Technica + KumoSport + RSX

This combination is extremely good and with the addition of my little clips and washers it's even better. BTW, I have a ton of extra ones so PM me if you want them.

CloseUp

CloseUp

CloseUp
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
Nyce! I wonder if it'll fit in an auto. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

Decamo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Are there 2 different versions of revo's? 'cause you say the solo and revo don't fit together and the person that got dc sports and revo to fit together has a revo that looks different than yours Grey.
Old 05-13-2002
DIY King

Different? Really? Where did you see this picture? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Edit #1: Nevermind, found it. REVO technica and DC shift adapter DO FIT...pics inside This is whack! Either mine isn't the Revo Technica SS or that one isn't. It looks like mine has the cable attachment point already built in higher than that one does. WTF!? I'll take another pic.

Edit #2: Here they are...

CloseUp
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

speed werx is an unknown quantity at this point
Grey, from lookin at your pics...your cable mount point is at the same point as the DC plus REVO......i wonder if REVO changed it? or if there are 2 versions?
Old 05-13-2002
DIY King

I know, isn't that odd though. I guess the latest Revo Technica has a relocated cable attachment point? Maybe the earlier versions didn't? Although mine could be a knock-off or vice versa. I bought mine off of Ebay, so you never know... Where did your friend buy his? Oh, here's a good comparison shot:

Hey, aren't you glad to know that you were right AND I was right? [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

JSWhaler is an unknown quantity at this point
Grey- nice pics you really put it into perspective for me thanks
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
where did you get yours grey? and when? thanks, i want one!
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Storm897 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the revo system also , Just got it last week, and it looks just like Grey's (the one on the right).

This is very confusing cause if the one with the dc sports ss adapter is also a revo then there will be confusion about this subject. Maybe rob can sort this out if he has multiple revo systems in stock. I changed my mind and was planning on getting a dc sports ss adapter, but now I will wait till this confusion has played out and been solved.

Edited:
I think i got it now. Theres TWO (YES 2) versions of the Revo system out for our civics. The one Grey and I have is found in the above pic on the right hand side. The one someone sells on ebay is found below.

As you can see, the connection for the cable is located in a different location for the person who sells the systems on ebay. Thus if you get one of his adapters, the DC sports SS adapter will work. Hell, the solo SS adapter might even work.

Link to ebay Revo System
Hope this clears up the confusion.
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

Who's the dealer you bought it off grey? I want to get your version so I can sell my adapter and recoup some cash. It does look like your Revo is just the same as that guys revo+adapter.

Old 05-13-2002
DIY King

Storm897: It's funny 'cause that link you gave if from the guy I bought! It's that Tim Tim guy. I bought from him. I got it from Ebay from the Tim Tim guy. The picture he shows looks like the one I don't have. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
the one on Revo's site looks like the one on the left. BTW, i'm still confused as to where the KumoSport bushings go[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

<< 01civicboi wrote:

the one on Revo's site looks like the one on the left. BTW, i'm still confused as to where the KumoSport bushings go[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
>>

In the following picture you'll see the red metal bushings.

You get eight bushings. 4 sit on top of the shifter and 4 sit directly under the shifter. All eight are held in by the bolts.

The following aerial pic shows the 4 bolts I am talking about.

This link shows in step 7 the rubber bushings that you remove to install the kumosport bushings.
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

<< Grey wrote:
Storm897: It's funny 'cause that link you gave if from the guy I bought! It's that Tim Tim guy. I bought from him. I got it from Ebay from the Tim Tim guy. The picture he shows looks like the one I don't have. [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
>>

hmmm, I bought the revo system from www.autodynamic.com and got the same revo shifter you did. I wonder where MyCivic bought his revo shifter system from.
Old 05-13-2002
Registered!!

DC5@EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
my revo shifter looks like the one on the left and i ordered mine from autodynamic.com. Will the solo short shifter adapter work on that one? I wonder . . . . .

Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

2k1civicLX is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe the difference between the shifters is that new one thats out for the rsx. at the revo website the pic for it looks different then the one for the civic. what do you guys think? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

That's what it seems to look like. Grey must have a 5spd RSX model Revo. Unless of course, revo just made a new revision that would fit both the base RSX and civic. I can't see any diff.

Grey, do you have a product code on that revo you can give us? Maybe on the box it came in?

Old 05-14-2002
DIY King

Holy smack my *****! You guys are right. I have the Revo Technica for the RSX 5 Speed. If you go to Revo Technica's website then you can clearly see than the one I have is the one for the RSX 5 speed and the one that the DC Sports short shifter adapter fits on is for the 2001 Civic. Whoa! I didn't even notice that. I guess we can use either one. Maybe Revo Technica stopped producing the one for the 2001 Civic and just went with the one for the RSX 5 speed since they're interchangeable? I don't have any sort of identification number that I can give you, but if you compare the pictures you can clearly see that mine is the same as the RSX 5 speed.
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

3rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
If you download the PDF instructions for the installation of the Revo Tecnica SS, you'll see that there is a number listed in the upper right corner of the instruction sheet. The part # for the 2001+ Honda Civic Short Shifter is SS-HC01.

I didn't see part #'s for any other products though.

Nonetheless, if you're going to order this product, make sure you have the right one coming to you.

TJ
Old 05-14-2002
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura aboutCapYoda has a spectacular aura about
er... I wonder which one will work better then.. the rsx one, or the civic one..

cuz if you look at it, by using the rsx one, the cable is relocated to where an adapter would relocate it to... so does that mean the rsx one gives it shorter throw?

I just purchased the Neuspeed adapter a few days ago... I'll be reciving it in awhile I think... I didn't want to lower my stick's height, that'll enable the armrest to be useless... I think.

btw, the revo one for the civic looks too much like the stock one.. this is comparing to the diagram at hondaautomotiveparts.com though.. I know this is a heated debate, but I still wonder if the revo is a valid product that actually does what it says it does.

although, the Neuspeed one I just bought, seems to be too pricy for what it really is.. I highly doubt it cost them 20 bucks to make it... let alone charging 90 bucks for it... oh well, paying for the brand I guess.
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
The plastic base of the Revo looks exactly like the stock one, why would you want it to look any other way? The stick is where the difference is. Much shorter height and throw, a great improvement over stock. One of the best mods I have done. I don't really see the need to add another short shifter to the Revo, seems like overkill.

Grey, I have the same Revo as you.
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

OK guys, just got off the phone with roger from autodynamic.com.
He's a real cool guy.
different story now. He got off the phone with revo and they said the one on the right is the newer model that came out cause people were demanding a shorter throw and were equiping there older models with aditional short shift adapters (dc sports, solo, etc). The one on the right is the newer model and he said has a lightly shorter throw then the one on the left.

Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

look at the picture above and you'll see why REVOTECHNICA modified there short shifter. The new version is similar to the old version with the dc sports short shifter adapter installed. See on both pictures where the cable attaches and youll understand.
Old 05-14-2002
DIY King

Yep yep. All I know is that I'm glad to have the updated version.
Old 05-14-2002
Registered!!

SQCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool, same here!
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

DC5@EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, i guess i have the older/the actual revo shifter for the 2001+ civics, but will i be able to fit a solo adapter on that one?
Old 06-08-2002
Registered!!

02CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
hey grey i will probally be buying the revo ss and the kumo sport bushings in about a week, I have no problem giving u a couple bucks for the washers etc... Ill get ahold of u when i order it
Old 06-08-2002
Registered!!

02CivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
tornactive, the one u r selling for 90 right now is that the newer model of the revo? i want the one grey has! Sku:SS-REV-HC01
Old 06-08-2002
DIY King

[hr]Originally posted by: VeNoMsCiViC
Well, i guess i have the older/the actual revo shifter for the 2001+ civics, but will i be able to fit a solo adapter on that one?[hr]
I think so, yes. The Solo SS adapter actually has more room for fitment than the DC Sports SS adapter from the looks of the pictures. I know 'cause I had the Solo SS adapter before I bought the Revo Technica SS.

[hr]Originally posted by: 02CivicEX
hey grey i will probally be buying the revo ss and the kumo sport bushings in about a week, I have no problem giving u a couple bucks for the washers etc... Ill get ahold of u when i order it[hr]
Sure, just e-mail me or send me a PM and I'll mail them to you for $2.50 You'll get two clips, two washers, and some grease. Let me know...
Old 07-06-2002
Registered!!

megacivicfan is an unknown quantity at this point
I just checked the revo website, and they still show the civic model different than the rsx 5-spd model. So is the moral of the story, get the rsx model for a shorter throw? Sorry, I'm a newb, and I realize this post is old, I'm still a tad confused for some reason. Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: PICS: Revo Technica + KumoSport + RSX