Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

New PIAA Website

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O1Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
New PIAA Website

Hey, PIAA has just updated their webpage.

CLICK HERE

Personally, I think PIAA has gotten ricey as hell over the time, but I know a lot of you guys still like them. But then again, I don't blame them for going ricey, that's where the $$$ is.
Old 05-11-2002
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
I don't think they are Ricey

Just some good lights
Old 05-11-2002
Registered!!

"Super Plasma GT?"
"Plasma Ion?"
"Xtreme Force?"

That's what you call ricey... almost as bad as Weapon R's "Dragon Intake."

No doubt they make good auxilery lights & lightbulbs, but there are more superior brands out there from Germany. Also I think PIAA rips off their consumers these days. $60+US or $100+CDN for a pair of lightbulbs is outrageous. Granted they LOOK really good (I have a set myself), but quality+performance wise, they are below the standard. Their foglights are pretty up the *** too, and don't even get me started on their wiperblades.
Old 05-11-2002
Registered!!

TEKNIQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty expensive...
Old 05-11-2002

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
Don't flame me damn it...... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Soooooo.... what are these German brands you mentioned then???
Old 05-11-2002
Registered!!

LOL... no flame intended [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

I would have to say Philips, Hella & Sylvannia... those are the companies that most auto manufacters trust, and actually make OEM parts for. They also have great brand history. But most of all, the quality of their products really show.

Philip's lightbulbs are simply amazing; they don't misadvertise like PIAA ("55W = 110W!"), but instead they really do increase the light output by honest 30%. Plus they actually last a long time... typical operation life is measured in years, not months & weeks, like most rice bulbs.

Foglamp wise, I do respect PIAA. But Hella makes foglamps that shame PIAAs--in fact, their MicroDE series are OEMs on most Audis, BMWs and Mercedes. And those cars light up the road! (Even w/out HID)

You do have to becareful shopping for them though. You don't want to get the crummy entry level models, sold in WalMart or something. You have to spend a little more for quality products. But Hella's top of the line costs no more than PIAA's entry level model, so the value is definitely there.

In fact, I encourage everyone to shop beyond our usual rice market. There are some really superior quality products out there we have been neglecting, simply because we think they're not "cool."
Old 05-11-2002
Registered!!

NickDaMans02Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Those are some interesting mods to those lights those must be new. Humm different but still way up there in the price range.

Nick
Old 05-11-2002

The only Phillips i'll buy are the HID Ultinons

I think that of all the Sylvannias I've seen are crap .... mainly headlights

But Hella are good......

you did make some good points [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-11-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
IMHO PIAA sucks. [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-11-2002
GODLIKE

ASIANPRIDE is an unknown quantity at this point
PIAA is hella bright but they suck ***....they burn out sooo fast from what I have heard but I have compaired my Eurolites to them and well my brights are as good as there lows....

Like what is with all the ghimics....ahhhh PIAA can be soo full of it sometimes....

Like wtf is that thing supposed to do....Super Plasma technology features a Super Plasma low beam and an Xtreme White high beam.

Great...who cares....no one drives with just there highbeams on...
Old 05-11-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
Their bulbs aren't the best, but their fog lights are bad *** IMO. Always imitated by other brands except a few who still have their pride. Like Catz.
Old 05-11-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point

<< LOL... no flame intended [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

I would have to say Philips, Hella & Sylvannia... those are the companies that most auto manufacters trust, and actually make OEM parts for. They also have great brand history. But most of all, the quality of their products really show.

Philip's lightbulbs are simply amazing; they don't misadvertise like PIAA ("55W = 110W!"), but instead they really do increase the light output by honest 30%. Plus they actually last a long time... typical operation life is measured in years, not months & weeks, like most rice bulbs.

Foglamp wise, I do respect PIAA. But Hella makes foglamps that shame PIAAs--in fact, their MicroDE series are OEMs on most Audis, BMWs and Mercedes. And those cars light up the road! (Even w/out HID)

You do have to becareful shopping for them though. You don't want to get the crummy entry level models, sold in WalMart or something. You have to spend a little more for quality products. But Hella's top of the line costs no more than PIAA's entry level model, so the value is definitely there.

In fact, I encourage everyone to shop beyond our usual rice market. There are some really superior quality products out there we have been neglecting, simply because we think they're not "cool."
>>

i agree, i really want the hella fogs for my car and philips hid