Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Exhaust?? Header?? Both?? You tell me...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jungleboogie is an unknown quantity at this point
Exhaust?? Header?? Both?? You tell me...

okay, i'm contemplating whether or not i should get a header or an exhaust for my civic... or maybe both... i was wondering if you people could help me out on what header or exhaust you have added on to your car and tell me how they all turned out... i guess i'm just trying to get the best combo, so to speak... thanks for your input
Old 04-28-2002
Registered!!

Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey jungleboogie, it all comes down to money and how much of it you have/are willing to spend, man. I still don't have any intake or exhaust mods, but once I save some cash I will prob get the DC Sports i/h/e combo. Pricey stuff, but it is engineered for our cars and is 50-state legal.
Ultimately, it is your decision and no matter what you go with, you are unlikely to see huge performance gains--but you will look good![IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 04-28-2002
Registered!!

PRCIVIC2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well its hard to say, it all depends on how much money you have and what you are looking for. Some exhuast systems are louder than others, which some people want louder ones and some want quieter ones. Depends on how much you wanna spend. I would go with Exhaust first if you only want to put one thing on first, if you can afford both I would do both.
Old 04-28-2002
Roy
Registered!!

Roy is an unknown quantity at this point
well, i'd say go for both. it's a good improvement. i had the i/h/e and it was great, along with no catalyst. my car pulls strong. downfall was the emmissions smell that you get with no cat.
Old 04-28-2002
Registered!!

Macko is an unknown quantity at this point
If you've got the money got for the DC combination like someone said... DC is worth the money.. cause it's ben tested and approved...unlike thos unversal exhuast which only looks good...
You've gotta let the baby breathe and fart... yah know whut i mean?
Old 05-01-2002
Registered!!

bo0sT is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got the HP Racing 4-1 header w/hi-flow cat (cat is pratically hollow and causes check engine light to come on) along with magnaflow cat-back with resonater removed. my car pulls pretty hard now compared to stock. mostly in 3rd gear. i can also feel my vtec actually kick-in now at about 5,000 rpms. i've got every bolt on you can get including pulleys and cold air intake.. just waiting for aftermarket cam before i get the cam gears. i highly suggest the hp racing header/cat/magnaflow exhaust combo. only if you're not worried about the whole carb legal thing. the one thing you will notice is loss of bottom end power. What you should look into after header and exhaust is a nice cam.. it will provide the bottom end you need.
-Dennis.
Infiniteperformance02@yahoo.com
HP Header w/cat $255.00
call for more pricing and shipping info.