Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

nitrous kit for the 2001 civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CIVICINJEN is an unknown quantity at this point
nitrous kit for the 2001 civic

ok, now in order for me to get nitrous for my 2001 civic ex coupe this is what i need. all im looking for is a 50 shot
- a wet kit
-a kit that atomizes
-a clutch
new colder plugs
-and a window switch
-and some other stuff.
now my question is does anyone know which kit offers all these things and which kit is safer to use(eg. nos, nx xpress, venom but they only have dry.) so any infomation would be great thanks
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

CivicPunker17 is an unknown quantity at this point
nitrous express is best. get he kit, the bottle opener, the bottle heater, fuel pressure gauge, oil pressure gauge, and run a 50 shot. their bottle heater is the best heater because it heats it so its at a constant pressue unlikes nos where it keep it at 85 degrees no matter what. in a nutshell thats it and its better.
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

BLUENVY01 is an unknown quantity at this point
NX kit is a dry kit... and from what i heard is better nitrous kit to run on our cars, opposed to the wet kits... something about the dry kits apparently is either alot safer to use, or alot more productive. i dont know to much tho, so u better do some research before u actually buy a kit.
Old 03-19-2002
Registered!!

MoMatt is an unknown quantity at this point
but if I was you, Id order the venom computer, I dont have nitrous on my car, but my friend runs NOS and he has the Venom kit and its really tight. I think the computer is only like 400 or something like that. Its in all the magazines.
Old 03-19-2002
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
correct me if I'm wrong somebody but I don't believe a dry kit will work on our car due to the returnless fuel system--->dry kits are considered "safer" than wet kits because on a wet kit there is the possibility of fuel leaks (let's say you get an AEM fuel rail, pretty much any type of fuel leak problem will be nonexistent) although wet kits are considered much better because nitrous and fuel are injected in exact amounts to prevent a lean mixture and maximize power to each cylinder. A dry kit however relies on the preset amount of fuel dished out by the stock injectors so each cylinder can get a different amount of nitrous (one cylinder might get more nitrous than the other) but each cylinder will get the same prescribed amount of fuel from the injectors which may potentially lead to a lean mixture and everything goes downhill from there [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

The NX kit boosted the 01 ex from a dyno proven 110 hp and 103 ft. lbs. of torque to a whopping 170 hp and 200+ ft. lbs. of torque (don't quote me on those exact figures but they're pretty close)