Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

What's the latest on the HP Racing Header???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEMcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
What's the latest on the HP Racing Header???

Sup,

I'm really thinking hard about purchasing the HP headers. Last I heard, someone had to modify an engine mount or something.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
I walked into my local performance shop the other day and there was a black 2k1 coupe with the HP headers on it. My boys at the shop said that there was no modification required, but a hell of alot of pushing and pulling to get them into place.
Has anyone else purchased and installed this header? Any noticable gains or losses? Just wonderin what's the deal with these headers.
Thanx
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
I would go with what your local shop said. If they said they got it in there with a bit of pushing, then I would believe them. There was a mention of a slight motor mount adjustment during one install by a member on the site, but I can't remember who. do a search and I'm sure you'll find it.
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

Uncle B, I searched, but only found a few dead end threads. Do you think that the modification had to be made because the car was an LX or maybe there was a difference in transmission clearance or something? That's the sort of answer I was really looking for. The car at the shop the other day was a EX 5-speed, which is what I have. So I guess it should fit.
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

ALLMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
The member was 01CIVICEX and search for "HP Racing" or "Headers"...I've read numerous threads on this product as well. I too will buy these headers but just gathering all of my facts. Although, there seems to be some differences in opinions on the header...I've read some with no problems, to some problems to lots of problems.....but as with any mod you do, there are several things that help govern how you feel the overall outcome:

1. "THE RIGHT TOOL" for the job
2. Some general mechanical knowledge
3. A lift is always most helpful!!!

Anyway good luck on your purchase as well..Peace![IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2002
Registered!!

Thanx Allman, you da man.
Old 05-17-2002
Registered!!

wwwEuroticElectronicscom is an unknown quantity at this point
hi

check our site out at www.euroticelectronics.com www.ebaystores.com/euroticelectronics we are hp racings official dist online. we carry all hp line including the shorty chrome and ceramic header and the 4-1 chrome header with hi flow cat. we will match or beat any competetors pricing. we also offer a one year warranty for hp racing against manufacture defects. we carry anytghing and everything for cars. if you cant find it just ask and we will get it for you. thank you for your time.
Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

trickedoutcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the Hp header w/ cat about 2 months or so ago and After me and my dad couldnt get it to fit in the engine bay I had my friend come over to help (He is a 10 year experienced honda factory technician so he knows what he is doing.) Before the header would fit we had to remove the front motor mount and heat sheild on the air compressor. Then to put the motor mount back in I had to cut part of it off so now there are only 2 bolts holding the motor to that mount when there were 3. I dont know if HP racing ever fixed this problem or not.
Old 05-18-2002
Registered!!

AceKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok I have the HP headers and high-flow cat for about 5 months now. I did everything myself. It took me about 1 hour and a half to do it. it was a pain to get the header up to the block but with a little of manovering I got it done. I didnt take anything apart and I got a ex automatic. and everything bolted up fine. I noticed gains especially on highway but yeah to me it was well worth it. i think u shoudl get it.
Old 05-19-2002
Registered!!

skitzo is an unknown quantity at this point

<< hi

check our site out at www.euroticelectronics.com www.ebaystores.com/euroticelectronics we are hp racings official dist online. we carry all hp line including the shorty chrome and ceramic header and the 4-1 chrome header with hi flow cat. we will match or beat any competetors pricing. we also offer a one year warranty for hp racing against manufacture defects. we carry anytghing and everything for cars. if you cant find it just ask and we will get it for you. thank you for your time.
>>

You have crappy feedback 5 negs and 5 neutrals in the last Month? It also looks like you've run several auctions for items you don't have in stock.
Old 05-20-2002
Registered!!

wwwEuroticElectronicscom is an unknown quantity at this point
wtf is your problem trying to put us down. we have never done anything to you. you get on 2k1 talking all this garbage that we have 4 neutrals and 5 negatives in the last month. well how about the 81 positives in the last month. also 1 out of 10 people leave feedback. but they always remember to leave a negative but always forget to leave a positive also since you took your time to look at the company take more time to read the feedback. it is stupid negatives of people who pay late and don't know how to use ebay. if you pay for something 1 month after the auction ended umm I think it might be sold to someone else. how would you like if we go to your job and talk crap about you with out knowing you. all we were doing is trying to give you guys good prices and we get some sales. also we keep the sport alive. but people like you kill it for people like us that dedicate our lives to this sport.