Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Is this a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PeArlHoNdA is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this a problem?

I noticed today that when i turn my right turn signal on it blinks at a steady pace but if i turn the left one on it blinks like its on speed. I turned the lights on and all the bulbs r fine. I will say that the other day a friend and myself removed the headlights from our cars and took out the amber piece so i was wondering if we may have messed with anything. Our far as i know we didnt do anything out of ordinary, just replugged the lights back in and i cant honestly say if 1 was blinking faster than the other before we did this so i would appreciate some feedback.

PeArLhOnDa
Old 02-10-2002
Eat poo & Choke ...I don't eat ham cuz my last name is HAM !!!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Location: Palisades Park/Rutherford, New Jersey/in ur CORNHOLE, US
whowhatwhoa is a jewel in the roughwhowhatwhoa is a jewel in the roughwhowhatwhoa is a jewel in the rough
u sure the bulbs are ok??or did ur firend accdientally slip in a hypoerblinker ..j/k
Old 02-10-2002
Registered!!

Pretty sure bro, we turned them all on to check and there were several friends there looking at it but ill definately recheck. Going to get hyper whites anyways and plug those in but just wondered y one of my turn signals seems more eager to turn than the other one [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

PeArLhOnDa
Old 02-10-2002
Registered!!

LOWBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Your car might blow up, better take it to the dealership to have it checked out.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-10-2002
Eat poo & Choke ...I don't eat ham cuz my last name is HAM !!!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Location: Palisades Park/Rutherford, New Jersey/in ur CORNHOLE, US
whowhatwhoa is a jewel in the roughwhowhatwhoa is a jewel in the roughwhowhatwhoa is a jewel in the rough
well see if wut happens when u put new bulbs in if it still occurs go to the dealer i guess but its not damaging i don't think
-diana
Old 02-11-2002
Registered!!

rickinthescv will become famous soon enoughrickinthescv will become famous soon enough
Normally a bulb will blink faster when you use the turn signals because a bulb is burned out. It could be either the front or rear turn signal bulb. Basically the flasher has a lower resistance because it is only running one bulb and blinks the remaining one faster. This is a safety feature to tell you that you have a blinker out.

Three things have happened. You either damaged a bulb, as these bulbs are dual filament bulbs, the running lights will work when the turn signals will not. A bulb simply burned out due to being dropped, or the rear simply died out of act of fate. You forgot to tighten or hook up the ground properly. Or you damaged the relay/flasher.

Judging from the fact that you removed the lenses and the lamps are still flashing, I would say for the first two.

First, turn on your running lights. Check to see that all of them are coming on. Then turn on your flashers. Are all of them blinking and at the same speed? If all four are blinking, then you have a bad ground. Go back and tighten it up or connect it. If one lamp is not flashing, then replace that bulb with a new one. Then you should be fine.

A dealership may fix your car, but be prepared to pay for it as you removed the lenses, therefore you technically voided the warranty on them.
Old 02-11-2002
Registered!!

thx peeps for the info, ill definately chk all them tomorrow more dilligently. Those damn warranties....they always seem to get in the way eh

PeArLhOnDa
Old 02-11-2002
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had this prob before on other cars and trucks I had, and it usually turned out to be the relay. This could be a good excuse to go for a Hyperblinker. He he.

Crashoveride
Old 02-11-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
One of the bulbs on the left may be pulling higher amps than normal. I know that if you hook up a trailer with lights, the blinkers will blink faster if you don't put in a heavy duty flasher can. So maybe one of the bulbs doesn't have a real good connection and overloading the can. Try your 4 way flashers and see how that works. That may tell you someting with all 4 signals blinkiing.
Changing bulbs is the first thing to try. Since the car only has one flasher can, all the blinkers would act up if that was bad.
Old 02-11-2002
Registered!!

CivicVTec is an unknown quantity at this point
probably is your bulb, but it wont be a bad idea to have dealer take a look at it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-11-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
my dads 94 dodge shadow did that the opposite way, the left turn signal would blink at half the speed if the headlights were off and would just stay on constantly if they were on. i dont know exactly what he did to fix it, but it had something to do with some wiring or a loose connection, it wasnt a bulb problem. it probably had something to do with the fact that the car had been totalled before he owned it and someone fixed it anyway.. he didnt find that out until it was too late. he didnt bother checking carfax, he didnt think it was worth the $20 even though i told him about it before he bought the car
Old 02-11-2002
Registered!!

ya im gonna play with the lights tonite and see whats up but either way im gettin the hypers hehe, im pretty sure they r plugged in right but u never do know so 10 to 1 ill find out once i get the new bulbs.....but god does the car look sweeeeeeeeeeet

PeArLhOnDa
Old 02-11-2002
Registered!!

slam2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Your bulb went out thats what happens.