Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

HOW'S COME?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
HOW'S COME?

How's come dealers don't update their websites? We hear a part is available, even people post here that they have that part on their car already. Then you go shopping on the internet and even the manufacturer sites don't show the part, and most of the dealers don't have it on their site. But we know it's available because someone here already has it. Don't you think that if these people want us to buy their stuff, they's keep their sites updated? I depend on the internet to shop for stuff because I don't live in an area where there are any import speed shopts. That really chaps my butt. [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-31-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
I think there are two reasons.

1. They sell most of their product to distributors. The small guys (us) don't really count, so they take a back seat.

2. They hire webmasters to maintain their sites. Therefore, the webmaster has to first get word that he/she must update something, then he/she updates it.

I think that's why. It sucks though, I know.
Old 02-01-2002
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
You got that right. It sure does suck.
Old 02-01-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
hmmm.. it's not like they don't want to sell it to us "little guys"... cause money is money even if they don't make it in mass chunks as if they were selling to the distributors... i just think that speaking from their side... they don't really have time to update and when they do, it's probably already very popular out on the streets...
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

UncleB is an unknown quantity at this point
Grey hit it right on the mark. They hire a webmaster to update the site and he can only do that when the distributor gives him the info.
Old 02-01-2002
Registered!!

trevor is an unknown quantity at this point
yea,,,,,I looked for the greddy evo FOREVER on the net........no go........even all the local shops in portland said no go...........but neo has it...........wierd sht......
peace[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-01-2002
Wicked Moderatuh
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

fraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of lightfraga is a glorious beacon of light
Grey is right. If they've hired someone to maintain their website, usually they take their sweet time telling the person to change it. First you got to get ahold of them, and then you havet to get them the right info, and then you have to cough up the dough to have the changes made. Sometimes a real hassle.. I should know.