Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

revo SS real or fake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoony is an unknown quantity at this point
revo SS real or fake?

Does the revo technica actually shorten the throw of the shifts or does it just lessen the height of the shifter? i have heard both answers now from searching for this so i am wanting some fresh responses [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-21-2002
Registered!!

DC5@EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
this is what i can tell you. I have noticed that not only the height is shorten, but the throw has to be shorten too. I have come up with this conclusion because i used to move my arm a lot before the revo technica was installed. I had to move my arm so much that when my dad was riding shotgun, i would nail him in the gut with my elbow. Now, i dont even hardly touch him when he rides in it. So, i hope this story has helped in any way.
later
Old 01-21-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
As far as I know it's exactly the same as stock, except it's shorter. That's what I heard from a guy who installed his and compared the Revo SS to the stock shifter.
Old 01-21-2002
Registered!!

spoony is an unknown quantity at this point
AHHH more conflicting answers hehe [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] maybe one more response would swing the vote to shorter throw or just shorter
Old 01-21-2002
Registered!!

WeSSoN is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Solo shifter and it works great!!!!!!...not as good as integraz or old civics...but its good for cable...
Old 01-21-2002
Registered!!

mwwhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
in theory....if the shifter is shorter itself...then wouldnt the throw HAVE to be shorter? isnt that simple math? or maybe that doesnt count with cable driven shifters???

this is my input

who cares! it looks a WHOLE lot better!

Old 01-21-2002
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
i got a revo and looks more normal and not so high but you still cant wrist shift with it; you have to move your arm somewhat but it is shorter than before
Old 01-21-2002
Registered!!

FiresVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
i have the revo SS too. the only thing i noticed about it was the length of the arm, but there could be something that makes it shorter in the ball at the end of the arm on the bottom. i dunno, it doesnt really matter to me that much because the throw is definitely shorter and thats what i wanted. when i get more money im gonna try to add the dc short shift adapter because ive heard that it will make the throw even shorter...but i would definitely recommend the revo to anyone

fire
Old 01-21-2002
Registered!!

toastyghosty is an unknown quantity at this point
here's to clear things up:

i have the solo adaptor. this physically moves the point at which the cable's attach and thus reduce the throw this way.

with the revo SS, the shaft is shorter, this is the only thing differnet than stock (in face if you look carefully at your revo SS you'll notice they use genuine honda parts to make it ). theorertically it's the same as cutting down your stock shifter shaft (you could go to a machine shop get it cut and aske them to rethread it for you). this does however SHORTEN the throw. it's simple mechanics.

the pivot remains the same, yet the shaft is shorter. so here's a little text illustration.
your stock shifter is like so:

\/ - as you can see it's long and to shift from back to front is a big distance.

the revo is like so:
v - shorter, pivot remains the same, but because the shaft is shorter the distance in which your hand actually moves is shorter thus reducing throw.

theoretically you can also get a short throw adaptor and put that onto your revo short shifter to move the pivot even higher

that's how the short throw adaptors like dc, solo etc work.

they move the pivot closer to your hand. where as the revo shortens the shaft therfore your hand is closer to the pivot. regardless the theory behind making it a shorter throw is the same for both, just the method in which they've gone about doing it.
Old 01-21-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
toastyghosty is 100% right. I tried to draw a pic but could not load a cad file on here. Everything is exactly the same just the shaft is shorter. If your good with a tap and die set you could easily cut your stock shifter down and re-thread it for the shift ****. Now some cars you can actually get like a hurst which really shortens theshift but you can not do that with ours just shorten the throw for now.
Old 01-21-2002
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
so is it safe to say that cutting my shifter is the same as buying the revo SS? if so, how much should i cut? i'm planning on doing this at the end of the month
Old 01-21-2002
Premium Member

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
how about cutting it twice, cutting the thread off, then cutting off a small piece, then welding the thread back on so that you don't have to re-thread it... hmm i wonder if that would work?
Old 01-21-2002
Registered!!

GTekCiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
that's a good flucking idea hahhahaha.......... i'm gonna try that
Old 01-22-2002
Registered!!

bobbyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah that is a great idea....My dad is a welder so maybe he can help!
Old 01-23-2002
Premium Member

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point
heh a light bulb shone over my head when i thought of that.... [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

i think imma do it too once i see how everyone's turns out