Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

AL's Vs Z3

Old 01-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEBEGEBZ is an unknown quantity at this point
AL's Vs Z3

I just put new altezza on my car, and was wondering if anyone had any problem with them fitting just right. I had a little problem, but not major. My question is, has anyone one had problems with any other aftermaket parts fitting correctly. My next additions are new M3 or Z3 fenders, or maybe clear headlight, but not if the fit is worst than the altezza tail light. COmment please.
Old 02-13-2002
Registered!!

HEBEGEBZ is an unknown quantity at this point
DOES NO ONE HAVE THESE YET. HELP ME OUT, I NEED TO KNOW
Old 02-13-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
There are many aftermarket products that have slight fitment problems. For example I was looking for a front end for my car, right? I take a look at the Tsunami website and I see the T2001 and they said, "Designed especially for Honda owners our new front spoiler is a direct bolt-on that fit to OEM standards.". I bought this thing thinking that there would be no need to modify anything. After all, $350 for a large piece of plastic is more than enough. Then when I got it I see that there are no holes, or cut-outs as there were in the stock bumper. They later changed this text on their website. Still though, it was a little misleading.

My Razo pedals took a little effort to get on as well, but I guess this should be expected from a universal kit.

DC Sports has nice products. Both the rear tie bar and front strut bar that I have fit perfectly.

My carbon fiber hood from Fiber Images didn't fit all that well. I had to enlarge the adjustment for the hood hinges to move the whole hood forward more. I guess the holes they made for the hood hinges on the back side of the hood were moved too far to the front? I had to modify the latch spring as well to accomodate the lighter weight. I haven't seen anyone mention this sort of thing.

That's about it. Other things like using speaker spacers for the front speakers because of the mounting depth and making custom trunk shocks and custom trunk springs for the rear speakers because of the mounting depth were expected.

Search this Thread