Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Loudest car horn

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
starstryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Loudest car horn

Who makes the loudest/deep toned car horn available for a reasonable amount of money? I look for something that sounds like a big rig.

People in my area drive like idiots which is easy to understand once you know where I live.
Old 02-16-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
hit up www.harborfreight.com for a cheaply price air horn

search the word: horn
Old 02-16-2005

Just found this but it's outta my price range... I'm looking to spend 40-50 dollars max.

http://www.hornblasters.com/
Old 02-16-2005

just found this...

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/blowhorn.html
Old 02-16-2005

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
what I posted above is cheap have you looked yet
they all wthin your price range
Old 02-16-2005

yeah, hehe
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
why do you want loud car horn anyways?
Old 02-16-2005

just bought a Hella Triple air horn

why do I want a loud horn? Have you seen drivers here in Davis? They need to wake up and I want to help... can't stand how pokey they drive.. I always blare my horn whenever someone leaves me 6 feet of space before turning right, or backing out w/o watching... you name the problem and there's a good use for a REALLY LOUD HORN
Old 02-16-2005
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
i got my double air horn at autozone.. it was like $25.. its loud and annoying.. sounds just like a hocky game everytime someone annoys me.. yeah yeah autozone is for ricers.. but whatever... it does exactly what i wanted it to.. not as if anyone can see it anyway since its tucked up under the bumper..

edit*
damnit harborfreight.com has the same one i got for $12... damnit.. hehe.. oh well... (the red one... no not the "ooga" one)

Last edited by againifall; 02-16-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-16-2005

I'd get one

But I have a honda alarm that is hooked to the horn.
and I leave early in the morngin for work.

When I arm or disarm the horn it will loud as FU<K!
Old 02-16-2005
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
you could wire it up and just put it on a switch... which means you would have to poke a wire through the firewall and remember to turn it off... the second part is the hard part..
Old 02-16-2005

I'm just gonna hook it up to the horn.. foget about the alarm.. there's a 7th gen in my complex whose alarm goes off when you don't want it too.. I'll post a complaint about in a different thread.
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

i hardly ever use my horn. if somebody does someting that pisses me off i just drive next to them and give them the middle finger. at night time i like to use my high beams. hehe
Old 02-16-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
civic stock horn sounds gay! But an aftermarket horn will only make you faster if it has a turbo welded to it.
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
how easy is it to hook up to the car?
Old 02-16-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Blahman2
civic stock horn sounds gay! But an aftermarket horn will only make you faster if it has a turbo welded to it.
i hope you were just joking.
Old 02-16-2005
Go Team Venture!

if you know anything about electrical it will take you like 10 minutes to hook it up...

it took me almost 2 hours.. but i didnt have any quick connects so i had to solder everything... and it was like 35degrees and windy so that didnt help anything
Old 02-17-2005

it'll take me 1/2 hour tops because you have to take off the bumper... and I need time to buy a heat gun for the shrink tubing.
Old 02-17-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
the wiring is basically the same? just cut wiring, take out old horn, attach new horn, and reconnect wiring?
Old 02-20-2005

you have to take off the front bumper... I'll clear my headlights as well I suppose.

Want to replace all my secondary bulbs with LEDs so it will be a while before I do this little project.

Oh yeah, my quote is Latin and if anyone else hasn't figured it out already it means "Don't Let the Bastards Get You Down"

Last edited by starstryke; 02-20-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
There's an Italian Electric Air Horn. I forgot the website that sells it but the site caters to classics and hot rods.
Its like $70 but its 18 wheeler loud.
Old 02-20-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
Originally Posted by se7engen_riDe
i hardly ever use my horn. if somebody does someting that pisses me off i just drive next to them and give them the middle finger. at night time i like to use my high beams. hehe
heh i've done that. not the middle finger part but highbeaming is fun when someone drives like an *** and you want revenge...then it's sweet when they put their hazard lights on and slow down to 20mph below the limit HAHAHAH!
Old 02-20-2005
Go Team Venture!

a 1,000,000 candle spotlight from home depot is way better than highbeams.. and you can point it at yer readview mirrors for when people wont get off yer ***
they are like $20 and fit nice and snug under the passangers seat
Old 02-20-2005

dude, I was thinking about such a thing... hrmm.. I'll get that too... might get a 3mil candlepower one though... maybe.
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by againifall
a 1,000,000 candle spotlight from home depot is way better than highbeams.. and you can point it at yer readview mirrors for when people wont get off yer ***
they are like $20 and fit nice and snug under the passangers seat
hahaha nice
Old 03-02-2005
Registered!!

alekgv is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by starstryke
just bought a Hella Triple air horn

why do I want a loud horn? Have you seen drivers here in Davis? They need to wake up and I want to help... can't stand how pokey they drive.. I always blare my horn whenever someone leaves me 6 feet of space before turning right, or backing out w/o watching... you name the problem and there's a good use for a REALLY LOUD HORN
i recently drove through davis, and damnnn ur right! on the freeway there was some traffic, so hella people started driving in the medians! wtf is that?!
Old 03-02-2005
Registered!!

12sec elcamino is an unknown quantity at this point
Seriously man, go to the junk yard and get a horn off a mid to late 80's Caddy, those things are LOUD and you can probably pick one up at the junk yard for about 5 bucks and have it installed in about 15 minutes. Or I would suddgest getting a Dixie horn like the Genral Lee had, my brother had one on his truck when we were in High School, it told people to wake up at lights in a humerous way instead of pissing them off with a freight train horn. Plus its always fun to pull up to your friends house and have a 5 trumpet horn go off to announce your presence!!!
Old 03-02-2005
Registered!!

Neptune is an unknown quantity at this point
i bought a couple of freeway blaster horns from jcwhitney and they sucked major *****/***. the only redeming quality is that i have 2 horns hooked up and a switch flips between the two so i can make a siren when i go back and forth between them.... but loudness sucks and thats what i wanted in the first place!
Old 03-13-2007

have an update on this.

An old coworker installed a freight train horn underneath his s10's bed with a 7 gallon compressor tank.. I hurt myself when he blasted it the first time.
Old 03-13-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
another thread back to life..my stock horn is loud enough..lol

Quick Reply: Loudest car horn