Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Aftermarket Parts for 2004 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
standalj should not be trustedstandalj should not be trustedstandalj should not be trusted
Aftermarket Parts for 2004 Civic

I have a 2004 Honda Civic LX Coupe and am having a really hard time finding aftermarket parts for it. Has anyone found a good source for parts? I am mostly interested in JDM parts. Before anyone replies, please understand that Honda changed a number of parts on the Civic in 2004. Therefore, parts from 2003 and prior Civics ARE NOT compatible.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
takumi is on a distinguished road
What exactly are you looking for? Some parts from the 01-03s will fit on the 04s.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

standalj should not be trustedstandalj should not be trustedstandalj should not be trusted
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, some prior year parts are compatible, but only some. I am looking for the following: Neuspeed front lower sway bar (supposedly in production), Neuspeed rear upper strut bar (supposedly in production), Altezza rear tail lights, body kit, carbon fiber hood, vented side panels, different (LOL!) headlights, and a few other parts. I am mostly interested in finding JDM parts.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

johnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to alljohnbt23 is a name known to all
just to let u know, altezzas are not jdm, plus they are ugly as hell
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

I know that Altezzas are not JDM. Sorry you think they are ugly. My car is silver and I think they look really good.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

You can get altezzas, you just need the wiring harness. There's a few body kits out for the 04s like the OEM Aero Kit, Tsunami, R34, and Bomex. Vis makes a nice CF hood for the 04s. There's no aftermarket headlights out yet but you can black yours out.
Old 01-01-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I am sorry to say but unless you have a sedan, you aren't doing ANYTHING JDM! Leave that **** alone and mod your car for stuff that you want. JDM is crap and if you really wanted to make it JDM all you would have is blacked out headlights, side markers and a black front lip. All that other stuff is far from JDM. Why would you want parts that are supposedly in production? The only stuff NOT compatible from 03 to 04 is body panels. Everything else should be compatible. Front shocks/camber kits are slightly different, but should work with some modification.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
APR makes a nice wing that will fit your 04, I think they make em to match those alteezas that you want.

bahahahahahaha
sorry i had to.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

Thanks for all your comments. I have a factory rear wing and am not interested in changing it. Regarding the Altezza lights, I do not think it is as simple as changing out the wiring harness and using the lights made for a 2003. In 2004, Honda modified the shape of the light itself. So, I am back to square one which is waiting for a company to manufacture Altezza lights for 2004s.

Regarding JDM, I may have the wrong understanding but I thought these parts were Japanese-manufactured and are very high in quality. JDM engines are extremely popular.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by standalj
Thanks for all your comments. I have a factory rear wing and am not interested in changing it. Regarding the Altezza lights, I do not think it is as simple as changing out the wiring harness and using the lights made for a 2003. In 2004, Honda modified the shape of the light itself. So, I am back to square one which is waiting for a company to manufacture Altezza lights for 2004s.

Regarding JDM, I may have the wrong understanding but I thought these parts were Japanese-manufactured and are very high in quality. JDM engines are extremely popular.
The shapes are identical.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

Takumi: What website lists the body kits you are referring to? I think I am more interested to see what Wings West or Kaminari comes up with.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

Takumi: If the shapes are identical, why is a local Honda parts department telling me they are different?
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
^^cuz the wiring is different, i say keep the 04 lights
Old 01-01-2005
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
chrome altezza's on a silver car are the ugliest **** ever. atleast go with carbon fiber
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

My how opinions vary. I happen to like the chrome version.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
if your going to wait for altezza's to come out for 04's your gonna be waiting a loooooong time.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

Why is that? There is a company manufacturing them now.
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

big_daddy_b_99 is an unknown quantity at this point
dude they are the same shape... a lot of people have changed their 01-03 tails out for 04's and all they had to change was the wiring harness.
Old 01-01-2005
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,159 Likes on 807 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_daddy_b_99
dude they are the same shape... a lot of people have changed their 01-03 tails out for 04's and all they had to change was the wiring harness.
i've changed out my 02 tails to 04s... the only difference (besides the look of the taillight itself) is the turn signal.. it uses a different bulb, socket, and the part that plugs into the wiring harness... it was a simple fix spending 5 bucks at radio shack...
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

BERGER will become famous soon enoughBERGER will become famous soon enough
like most ppl said the only things that wont fit are most of the front bumpers since the headlights were the only thing that was changee from 03 to 04 all tail lights will fit and hoods will be diff again because of the lights...
Old 01-01-2005
Registered!!

My understanding is that the following parts are all different in 2004: engine hood, front bumber, rear bumber and rear trunk lid.
Old 01-01-2005
awd pwnz j00

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
yup, and that altezzas are ugly
Old 01-01-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
stock looks is better but if you want to go aftermarket tail lights, sell me your 04 tails.

check my sig for a big list of bodykits, you might be able to find some 04 kits from them.
Old 01-02-2005
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
Don't listen to everyone else's opinions on how altezzas look...do what you want with your car. If you do find aftermarket lights, sell me your 04 tails. I'm closer than bamb00 ....that's if you mean San Diego
Old 01-02-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
Originally Posted by standalj
My understanding is that the following parts are all different in 2004: engine hood, front bumber, rear bumber and rear trunk lid.
trunk lid is the same thing. front body panels are different, hood, bumper, fenders and lights. Rear is just an extension to the original bumper design. everyone is right about the tail lights, they are identical in shape and several memebers on this board have switched their 01-03 tails for 04 tails.
Old 01-02-2005
Registered!!

Ok, so the majority of people seem to agree that the tails are identical in shape. That's cool. Let me throw this out there though--the look is definately different. So, if I like the look of the 2004s and want that look in an Altezza, then I will have to wait until one is manufactured.
Old 01-02-2005
Registered!!

Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
or you could get the harnesses from an 01-03 and the sockets for the bulbs and switch them....and then just buy 01-03 alteezas, but i tell you it will not be worth it cause in 6 months your gonna hate alteezas like everyone else.

the shape is identitical...so don't worry about that.
Old 01-02-2005
Registered!!

ty.barrack is an unknown quantity at this point
The Tsunami Body Kit is really cool, it's expensive though like $800.00 and yea there are quite a few places to get garbon fiber hoods, altezza lights would look good on silver, just hope they dont leak. JDM maybe an engine, but that's about all.
Old 01-02-2005
Registered!!

Is there another type of clear tail light (other than an Altezza)?
Old 01-02-2005
Registered!!

Ty: Where can I find the Tsunami body kit?