Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

H&R Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001
Giggity Giggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dakker is an unknown quantity at this point
H&R Springs

If I put a set of these on my car, the set that lowers 1.75, Whats gonna happen to my ride quality now[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] I'm completely stock
Old 12-09-2001
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
well they will prolly settle down and bottom out.
i wish i didnt get a drop on my ride. i prefer the stock feel of my springs.
but handling will improve a little better. just get smaller profile tires and rims. and u can take a corner like nothing!!!!
Old 12-09-2001
Registered!!

vtecharry is an unknown quantity at this point
You have to get aftermarket shocks. The stock shocks can't handle the spring rates of aftermarket springs and will deteriorate quickly. Right now Konis (adjustables) are the only available shocks for our cars. Koni is one of the leading companies in aftermarket shocks though. Their products are excellent so you can't go wrong. Plus you can adjust them for the ride you want. You have to experiment at first but you 'll have it down in no time. I would suggest getting the Eibach Prokit (.8" drop) if you 're concerned with too much drop or ride quality. Again you will need the Konis though because your shocks will go in a matter of a few months. And without heavy duty shocks, your ride will be MORE bouncy than ever before with aftermarket springs. You need the Konis to dampen the oscillations of the stiffer springs. Aftermarket shocks will also improve handling dramatically. Springs alone will improve handling a little but to really feel the difference you have to go with some "real" shocks especially adjustable ones to try and match your spring's rates.
Old 12-09-2001
Registered!!

antidote11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Get the Eibach pro-kit and when the Koni adjustable strut/shocks come out, get some of those and loosen the rear and tighten the front.
That will give you the ride and feel you are looking for.

Antidote's Civic
Old 12-09-2001
Registered!!

vtecharry is an unknown quantity at this point
Nooo! In front wheel drive cars you want to make the rear firmer than the front. Trust me I auto-x race and proper suspension setup is what we rely on when autoxing. If you make the rear soft and the front shocks firm you will understeer (pushing) severely. You want to always have the rear stiffer than the front to reduce understeer, plus you want to make up for that tiny 12mm sway bar we have in the rear (front is 25mm). I 'm not saying make the front really soft, you want it firm enough to match the aftermarket springs' rates, but you want the rear firmer to eliminate body roll and understeer. Besides, the Eibach prokit's spring rates are 198lbs-in. Front, and 380 Rear. You gotta have higher shock settings in the rear.
Old 12-09-2001
Registered!!

RenegadeTigZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Will a 1.5 front and 1.75 rear drop screw up the stock shocks??? i was just wondering if there is an easy way to just drop the car a little bit w/out having to replace the shocks. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2001
DRS
Registered!!

DRS is an unknown quantity at this point
You'll be fine until your stock shocks blow. Then expect a bouncy ride.